Game Week 2022 - UConn @ Utah State Aggies (Saturday 8/27/22 @ 4p EST on FS1) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn @ Utah State Aggies (Saturday 8/27/22 @ 4p EST on FS1)

Reaction Score
Good game UCONN, I thought your team played really hard today. I was really impressed with Carter, he was awesome. The UCONN rushing attack in the first QTR from the huskies was impressive. I was nervous coming in to the game because it was a whole new coaching staff and a lot of new players for UCONN so I thought it would take a half for the Aggies to make adjustments on defense. UCONN played really physical. Proud the of the Aggies and how they responded. I thought the Aggies should have went more up tempo at times and pass more. I look forward to the visiting the Northeast next fall for the return game. Good luck the rest of your season.

Reaction Score
Just a few observations.

We look like a different team. A better team.
The defense needs to mature a bit and we need more pressure. But we look more athletic and better tackling against a very difficult team.
The offensive line is better but still spotty. Better blocking but still a few missed assignments.
RB's carried the load.
QB still a question mark. Roberson caught a bad break. Turner gave a nice effort but he's not ready yet. The lack of an intermediate and deep passing game will definitely cost us a few games as it did today. If Millen can throw the ball even a little better and has better wheels we need to give him a shot. Turner did not show great running skills today and his passing just won't cut it. A one dimensional offense eventually gets exposed and nowadays even faster as the tapes are reviewed.

And that PI call was garbage and cost us any real shot at winning the game. That ref lost his mind in a really big spot. Unacceptable.

All in all a good start but some changes need to be considered. The coaches need to be given some rope here despite anyone's opinions including mine. But here they are.

Reaction Score
Good game UCONN, I thought your team played really hard today. I was really impressed with Carter, he was awesome. The UCONN rushing attack in the first QTR from the huskies was impressive. I was nervous coming in to the game because it was a whole new coaching staff and a lot of new players for UCONN so I thought it would take a half for the Aggies to make adjustments on defense. UCONN played really physical. Proud the of the Aggies and how they responded. I thought the Aggies should have went more up tempo at times and pass more. I look forward to the visiting the Northeast next fall for the return game. Good luck the rest of your season.
Do us a favor and BEAT BAMA!

Reaction Score
View attachment 78682

That was a lot of yardage to give up on defense, about 100 yards more than 2021 team that was 116th. Made US work to score by driving a long way and some good 3rd/4th down stops.

Something about how when UConn was on defense there didn't look like enough defenders in the box yet when US was on defense it seemed crowded (especially after the 1st qtr). Part was probably offensive formations but part was US wasn't worried about ZT either as a passer deep/over the middle or as a runner.

Reaction Score
That was a lot of yardage to give up on defense, about 100 yards more than 2021 team that was 116th. Made US work to score by driving a long way and some good 3rd/4th down stops.

Something about how when UConn was on defense there didn't look like enough defenders in the box yet when US was on defense it seemed crowded (especially after the 1st qtr). Part was probably offensive formations but part was US wasn't worried about ZT either as a passer deep/over the middle or as a runner.
Us playing soft zone coverage. 3 catches for 54 yards, 3 catches for 53 yards, and 7 catches for 78 yards were what US 3 receivers who scored had.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom