Game Tickets: Seeking helpful hints | The Boneyard

Game Tickets: Seeking helpful hints

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looking to buy tickets for USF game Jan. 10. Only available are upper level. Any advice on section choice would be helpful and greatly appreciated. We've never been to Gampel. Thanks.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Looking to buy tickets for USF game Jan. 10. Only available are upper level. Any advice on section choice would be helpful and greatly appreciated. We've never been to Gampel. Thanks.
any seat in Gampel is good... but "backs" are better but are hard to come by

Reaction Score
I personally don't think there's such a thing as a 'bad seat' at Gampel - but if you've got a bad back or you can't handle bleachers, that's going to be an issue. You'll pay a bit more for the seatbacks on the secondary market (I don't think there are any left through UConn ticketing?) but it'll be worth it if you know you'll be miserable on the bleachers. Just enjoy the game and energy! There's nothing like seeing a game at Gampel.

Reaction Score

The Jan 10th game vs USF isn't at Gampel in Storrs, it's at the XL Center in Hartford. All the seats at the XL are chairbacks. Section 205 is across the arena from the UConn bench if you want to see the coaches in action. XL is a hockey arena so the end line sections behind the basket are further from the court than the sidelines. Sec 109/110 and 121/122 are pull-out risers so if you're shorter it's hard to see over the row until you get to row M.

There may be tickets available in the lower bowl as the day of the game approaches. In past years, it seems like UConn holds back tickets in the lower bowl but starts selling them mid-season. This year UConn is trying a bunch of new promotions so I don't know if that trend will continue.

If you go to an XL game, try Bear's BBQ - Bear attack - corn bread, mac n cheese, pull pork or brisket. (Time for a midnight snack . . .)

Reaction Score
The Jan 10th game vs USF isn't at Gampel in Storrs, it's at the XL Center in Hartford. All the seats at the XL are chairbacks. Section 205 is across the arena from the UConn bench if you want to see the coaches in action. XL is a hockey arena so the end line sections behind the basket are further from the court than the sidelines. Sec 109/110 and 121/122 are pull-out risers so if you're shorter it's hard to see over the row until you get to row M.

There may be tickets available in the lower bowl as the day of the game approaches. In past years, it seems like UConn holds back tickets in the lower bowl but starts selling them mid-season. This year UConn is trying a bunch of new promotions so I don't know if that trend will continue.

If you go to an XL game, try Bear's BBQ - Bear attack - corn bread, mac n cheese, pull pork or brisket. (Time for a midnight snack . . .)

Thank you and the other folks for the input. You are of course correct, that game is at the XL Center. Last night, I just opened the tickets site and looked at the diagram without noting that! I guess I was not very attentive at bedtime! Looking forward to the game! Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom