Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
DD takes a hard fall after he fell for a ball fake and was up in the air...hope he is okay!

They took him back to the locker room

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Boat with a God awful turnover

Really subpar game for him tonight

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
61-53

Very good win
Could easily have had an emotional letdown tonight

Reaction Score
Very solid win, very pissed I couldn't be there, the snow got the best of me. Hope Deandre is alright.

caw

Reaction Score
Yep, 10-2 OOC this year, with two losses to top 25 teams by a total of 10 points. I'll take it. Better than expected by at least 2 games IMO.

Reaction Score
Napier has been stellar for about a month. He's entitled to an off-game.

Hope Daniels is alright. That kid is coming into his own. When he takes a midrange jump shot, it's money. I've got more confidence he'll hit a shot than anyone else on the team.

Omar Calhoun is a stud also nearer the basket. Kid makes some great shots.

If Wolf can play like that, this team will win more than its share of games.

Reaction Score
Napier has been stellar for about a month. He's entitled to an off-game.

Hope Daniels is alright. That kid is coming into his own. When he takes a midrange jump shot, it's money. I've got more confidence he'll hit a shot than anyone else on the team.

Omar Calhoun is a stud also nearer the basket. Kid makes some great shots.

If Wolf can play like that, this team will win more than its share of games.
"If Wolf can play like that, this team will win more than its share of games."
Yes, the key to this season may be if Wolf shows up every night. We will still get outrebounded in the BE but if Wolf plays well we can narrow the rebound margin. Daniels and Calhoun are getting better. This team plays as hard as any Uconn team that I can remember.

Reaction Score
Poor performances out of Boat and Bazz, too many forced jumpshots, ill advised passes, and just overall carelessness with the ball. Boat also has got to stop biting on every single pump fake he sees, he goes 15ft in the air every single time up, puts too much pressure on the team D as guys have to scramble to recover because he's completely taken himself out of the play. He did it a number of times tonight and it's been that way all season. I also would've liked to see more run for Omar and DD from 15-20ft in, both of them look very confident right now. Great game on the boards and defensively from Wolf, also thought Tyler did a good job on D as well.

As for Wash, I wonder if their fans are grumbling about Romar yet, I know they lost Ross and Wroten but they still have alot of talent and should be better than what they are, they should've been better even last year, how do you miss the tourney with this squad + Ross & Wroten?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I don't understand why we can never play Wolf/Nolan, Wolf/Olander, Olander/Nolan at the same time. It wouldn't make for great offense, but we'd be more efficient defending down low in key situations.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why we can never play Wolf/Nolan, Wolf/Olander, Olander/Nolan at the same time. It wouldn't make for great offense, but we'd be more efficient defending down low in key situations.

I haven't felt there was one game where DD/Niels were getting beat up down low on defense, there's the chance they we might be better on the boards but it's not like Wolf/Olander/Nolan have shown to be consistently great rebounders. DD's long arm approach and Niels flying in to swat balls and keep them alive have shown to me be just as effective to me on the boards to whatever playing 2 bigs could provide. Also, most of the teams we've played haven't even really played 2 traditional bigs together. I think in games against Louisville/Syr it might be necessary, but not really right now.

Reaction Score
Nolan has no business on the floor with extended minutes

Reaction Score
Nolan has no business on the floor with extended minutes

Agreed, like him for the future but right now you can only hide him for so long on the court. That stretch where he blew a wide open pass from Boat then got lost in transition D and committed the foul on the and 1 was brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom