Game Thread 22 vs 7 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game Thread 22 vs 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We had no inside scoring game for our big men because it doesn't exist and they were smothering Bazz on the 3, he missed 10, but that's not choking.

Brimah seemed active tonight. Wished they got him a few touches tonight. He was ok from the FT line & very affective defensively. His length was good for several drop down low opportunities... But they never came. Sigh...

Reaction Score
when you check the numbers...no DD, Bazz with a very off night from 3, it was a gutty performance in a tough place to win. After I saw Cincy beat Louisville at Louisville last week, I didn't think we'd be this close.
Lot to build on with this one.

Reaction Score
If you have to search back to 2003 for a UConn choke, then I think maybe you're the one who doesn't know what a choke is. They got complacent, let them come back, didn't run their offense, and settled for tons of terrible shots... they choked, sorry to upset you.
You think I went through every game in the last 11 years to prove a point? It's just the one that sticks out the most (an extreme example obviously).

Have you watched UConn this year? They go through bad stretches and let every team back in. Every time a team holds a lead but ends up losing isn't because they 'choked' it away. If you wanna call it that to assess some blame and have a good little night sleep then fine. But you're clueless.

Reaction Score
That call on Brimah was one of the worst calls I've seen. Even as a UC fan I was kind of satisfied that UC missed both FT's.

Good game, and see you guys at full strength in a few weeks.
Classy post.
Your team deserved it, in the end they did what needed to be done on both ends. Kilpatrick is a ridiculously good player.

Reaction Score
You think I went through every game in the last 11 years to prove a point? It's just the one that sticks out the most (an extreme example obviously).

Have you watched UConn this year? They go through bad stretches and let every team back in. Every time a team holds a lead but ends up losing isn't because they 'choked' it away. If you wanna call it that to assess some blame and have a good little night sleep then fine. But you're clueless.
I'm just going to comment once on this choke nonsense, since I think you have your mind made up.

For many years, we were where Cincy was, a higher ranked team, playing at home, against a team that brought everything, and then some, to the floor. We spend most of the game behind, then go up in time to win. It happened dozens and dozens of times. Do we ever spend time after the game talking about how the other team choked it away?

Reaction Score

This wasn't just a shots weren't falling sort of collapse. Everything just stopped. The offensive game plan totally fell apart, they were jacking up incredibly ill-advised shots. making stupid plays (boatright under the basket), and making sloppy decisions with the ball that let the Cincy guards have a number of of easy steals and fast break opportunities. Despite your obviously overly defined views on "choking", that's exactly what this team did tonight. Not sure how that's supposed to help me sleep at night either buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom