game thoughts | The Boneyard

game thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
now that i finshed watching the game while starting my new #UNCN movement i will say a couple things
-the int in the 1st half was a int. whitmer still over time is showing imporvemnt/growth. i can't help but think he would be a good qb in a actual offense. is that a stretch? i think not.
-davis = stud not even going to write more
-phillips as a #2 or #3 wr wise is good depth for the future
-i give up on the rb situation in general until we have a new OC. its not worth time to argue about it. same with the OL and TE's
-d was good to great. some missed tackles but overall i could never complain about them this season as costing us a game
-st was up and down, more down then up. wish we could be better than a wilcard in this area. u dont know if your going to block a kick, fumble a return, pin a punt or miss a fg. rocky hills man.
-pp last minute of first half officially lost me.
-whitmer late 4th ints i can care less about. hes set up to fail based of our OC. you can see some throws hes got the good and some hes forcing beased off the press of sucking all game thanks to GDL.

-rutgers was not good. they are a top 40 team, not top 25. they have nothing specialoverall that any top 25 team doesn't
-rb was very good for rutgers and the OL was also good for them mostly but again nothing special. rb could develope into a stud for sure tho.
-they will get cleaned up by cincy and lville. they may actually struggle with cuse based on some matchups.

-hope the fans that traveled enjoyed the trip and surroundings. tough on the field wise to watch im sure.

Reaction Score
Maybe its his hair or he puts glue on his gloves, but Geremy Davis reminds me of Larry Fitzgerald. And on that note, Whitmer reminds me of a poor man's Kevin Kolb that turns it over more.

And for the record, I am slightly worried that we only average 10 ppg against BCS squads. As good as our D is, anything less than 21 points a game to support them is unfair. If we could do that at the very least we would be 5-1, very possibly 6-0. But the rate we turn it over combined with how conservative our general offensive outlook is, that probably isn't possible.

Reaction Score
Our offense is bad. They can't connect on wide open passes. (Play action pass on first down - wide open Griffin - does what? breaks off his route? Looks over the wrong shoulder? QB throws it to no-one. We set up a perfect, and I mean perfect sweep, TWO OL's out in front, end sealed - clear wide open lane to daylight, and our fullback, who's only job is to plant the DB into the ground, HARD, has the DB lined up, and literally steps out of the way of a DB - that he's supposed to block, and lets him blow the play up in the backfield.

I had a hard time watching this game. Our offense is pathetic. THose are just two of he plays, htat actually had a chance of succeeding. It starts from teh top, all the way down. Absolutely no consistency in the offense, except for being completely reliable, to completely up regularly somewhre, when it comes to blocking, and execution.

A defense really doesn't have to do much against our offense, except stay evenly spaced, on the field.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
my favorite play was when we got pinned and p and d knew that if they pull the usual bull run on 1st down up the middle it would be a saftey. so they give in and say fine, we will run a good play and act like a normal football team for 1 play. then its a great play and we then go right back to stupid on O. the kids can get it done if p and d didn't suck playbook balls. #UNCN

Reaction Score
my favorite play was when we got pinned and p and d knew that if they pull the usual bull **** run on 1st down up the middle it would be a saftey. so they give in and say fine, we will run a good play and act like a normal football team for 1 play. then its a great play and we then go right back to stupid **** on O. the kids can get it done if p and d didn't suck playbook balls. #UNCN

Great post. Sad, but true. Course RE wasn't even that smart in '08. He ran Donald Brown right, left and up the middle. Narrowly avoiding a safety the first two times, then getting nailed on the third try. Errrrr UConn offense.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Our offense is bad. They can't connect on wide open passes. (Play action pass on first down - wide open Griffin - does what? breaks off his route? Looks over the wrong shoulder? QB throws it to no-one. We set up a perfect, and I mean perfect sweep, TWO OL's out in front, end sealed - clear wide open lane to daylight, and our fullback, who's only job is to plant the DB into the ground, HARD, has the DB lined up, and literally steps out of the way of a DB - that he's supposed to block, and lets him blow the play up in the backfield.

I had a hard time watching this game. Our offense is pathetic. THose are just two of he plays, htat actually had a chance of succeeding. It starts from teh top, all the way down. Absolutely no consistency in the offense, except for being completely reliable, to completely up regularly somewhre, when it comes to blocking, and execution.

A defense really doesn't have to do much against our offense, except stay evenly spaced, on the field.
LMAO!!!!! Wait til Cincy comes to town in December THEY ARE GONNA LIGHT OUR ASS' UP! especially when the offense has no answer,it will be a game of run up the middle no gain..repeat

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
now that i finshed watching the game while starting my new #UNCN movement i will say a couple things
-the int in the 1st half was a int. whitmer still over time is showing imporvemnt/growth. i can't help but think he would be a good qb in a actual offense. is that a stretch? i think not.
-i give up on the rb situation in general until we have a new OC. its not worth time to argue about it. same with the OL and TE's
-d was good to great. some missed tackles but overall i could never complain about them this season as costing us a game
-st was up and down, more down then up. wish we could be better than a wilcard in this area. u dont know if your going to block a kick, fumble a return, pin a punt or miss a fg. rocky hills man.
-whitmer late 4th ints i can care less about. hes set up to fail based of our OC. you can see some throws hes got the good and some hes forcing beased off the press of sucking all game thanks to GDL.

-rutgers was not good. they are a top 40 team, not top 25. they have nothing specialoverall that any top 25 team doesn't
-rb was very good for rutgers and the OL was also good for them mostly but again nothing special. rb could develope into a stud for sure tho.
-they will get cleaned up by cincy and lville. they may actually struggle with cuse based on some matchups.

-hope the fans that traveled enjoyed the trip and surroundings. tough on the field wise to watch im sure.
D line is pretty stout,no? or was a lack of o-line on our part? i'm dizzy and season is only half over,gotta go back to tying those knots again!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Good to see you see the light on Rutgers.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Good to see you see the light on Rutgers.

what does that even mean? have u not seen the rampage ive been on the past hour?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
what does that even mean? have u not seen the rampage ive been on the past hour?

It good to see someone realize Rutgers isn't good regardless of the polls.

Reaction Score
At FB Frank is no Sherman so why isn't Oseicki seeing the field? At least he can be a threat as a receiver. Frank just is not a punishing blocker. Do we have anyone tougher to play Left Guard. If they are young then put them in now. We need more mobility at that spot. Just not quick enough.

Reaction Score
[-rutgers was not good. they are a top 40 team, not top 25. they have nothing specialoverall that any top 25 team doesn't

-hope the fans that traveled enjoyed the trip and surroundings. tough on the field wise to watch im sure.[/quote]

Typical sour grapes regarding our ranking. No different than the other 4 teams' fans who couldn't bear the fact we're better than them. You mad we're going to be ranked HIGHER next week after sending Uconn home a loser? Yea, u mad.

RU RB could develop? Dude has already has 6 straight 100 yard games and was placed on the Maxwell Watch list last week. lol

Cincy we already smacked around last year, not worried about them other than it's away. Rutgers D is designed to absolutely feast on QBs like Munchie. UL we get at home in last game of the year and barely lost there last year even after turning the ball over a bunch.

blitz8ru

Rutgers Fan
Reaction Score
Just an FYI... You guys DO realize that we attempted 2 deep passes ALL game... most of the game we played ultra conservative as we did vs USF, Tulane and Howard (the reason for the low scoring in all those games) with numerous short passes and screens... it wasn't anything like vs Arkansas where we KNEW we had to put up points to win... If there is no reason to air it out to win we DON'T air it out... that can be seen in 4 out of our 5 wins...

On the remaining schedule we'll probably only air it out vs Cincy and Louisville as we did vs Arkansas with the rest just pounding the ball and eating clock as we did vs UConn, USF, Howard, Tulane... For the record we had 27 passes vs 35 rushes... Nova was 18/27 for 157yds with most of the passes short or screens with maybe 4 intermediate/deep passes all game...

We can score (as shown vs Arkansas where we easily could have put up 40+ if we wanted but called off the dogs late) more BUT choose not to... in order to limit TOs, chew clock and play the field position battle especially when we have the confidence that our D can shut down the opposing O (a confidence that wasn't there vs Arkansas forcing us to open up the passing plays)... It also adds the nice benefit of leaving our future opponents guessing on what type of Rutgers offense shows up...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
your kidding yourself if u think rutgers is a top 25 team. you guys have a good team and beat us up today but u guys are a joke to think the way u do. there is a reason every fanbase thinks your state is a joke. you are not helping it.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
IMO the teams ranked outside of the top ~15, all the way down to the 60's or 70's, are not that separated from each other on a multiyear basis. Week to week, yes, but over the course of a few years a lot of teams move up into the top 25 for a few weeks or more, and a lot of the ones in the top 25 drop out. So if RU fans want to puff out their chests, I say let 'em. I would be if UConn was 5-0. We'll see how Rutgers is doing in a year or two.

Reaction Score
Wait Rutgers has the NUMBER ONE Defense in the COUNTRY against the RUN,held you to 53 yards and they are only a top 40 Team?? Granted we have some injuries now-lost top D tackle and Starting Fullback both last week for season,BUT we dont have a hard schedule outside Louisville the last game at Home and Cinncy on the road.Lots of season to play but no need for RU bash..Hope your fans had a safe trip and no problems..You guys have a good defense and will be in every game..keep your chin up..

blitz8ru

Rutgers Fan
Reaction Score
your kidding yourself if u think rutgers is a top 25 team. you guys have a good team and beat us up today but u guys are a joke to think the way u do. there is a reason every Fecunditying fanbase thinks your state is a joke. you are not helping it.

I'm sure the rest of our remaining opponents will say the same thing when we beat them... What you said has also been said to us by Arkansas, usf and Tulane fans as well... yet we march on, collecting the Ws amid the excuses and "if onlys" made by opposing fans...

It was also interesting that this game wasn't close and was a blowout win for us (19-3, 16 pts) to almost match your blowout win over us last year (40-22, 18pts)...

anyway
I hope you guys can get the extra 3 wins to get bowl eligible this year... :)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Wait Rutgers has the NUMBER ONE Defense in the COUNTRY against the RUN,held you to 53 yards and they are only a top 40 Team?? Granted we have some injuries now-lost top D tackle and Starting Fullback both last week for season,BUT we dont have a hard schedule outside Louisville the last game at Home and Cinncy on the road.Lots of season to play but no need for RU bash..Hope your fans had a safe trip and no problems..You guys have a good defense and will be in every game..keep your chin up..

are you saying rutgers run d held a good run o to limited yards? what game or team are u talking about. we run the ball on 1st and 2nd down stright up the middle for 1 yard gains. yale would have a good gave vs that for christ sake. uconn o blows becuase of playcalling. the fact that rutgers could not in any way seperate itself from uconn speaks loud. you guys have a good teeam but are NOTHING special. it amazes me that you fanbase is so bats crazy about how good you are this year. it turns out you have a extremely week schedule just by chance. i give u props for @ark etc but it just didn't pan out.

you guys made plenty of mistakes all game which further proves you are not as gold as u are. add to that nick williams fumble which gave u 3 points, uconn afriad to cross the goalline that 1 time and late game pressing by whitmer to try to do something(those late ints). the game was a mess, but rutgers never did anything that any top 30 team scouting you said, hmm they are for real. lville and cincy are foaming at the mouth, they can't wait to trash you guys(just like they will trash uconn). the differenc eis you guys have a soft 1st half schedule so you will be ranked #15-20 whne u see a good team and the route will be on. that will allow those teams to get good boosts in the polls for that meanwhile u will be exposed for what u are. a top 4 big east team but top 40 national team.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I'm sure the rest of our remaining opponents will say the same thing when we beat them... What you said has also been said to us by Arkansas, usf and Tulane fans as well... yet we march on, collecting the Ws amid the excuses and "if onlys" made by opposing fans...

It was also interesting that this game wasn't close and was a blowout win for us (19-3, 16 pts) to almost match your blowout win over us last year (40-22, 18pts)...

anyway
I hope you guys can get the extra 3 wins to get bowl eligible this year... :)

good ole red glasses. rutgers never pulled away from uconn until late on pressing ints by a O all together by uconn. you also got a fg early from the NW fumble. you act like you scored 4 td's and held uconn to a fg and did it all in the first half. u guys are to funny.

Reaction Score
Just an FYI... You guys DO realize that we attempted 2 deep passes ALL game... most of the game we played ultra conservative as we did vs USF, Tulane and Howard (the reason for the low scoring in all those games) with numerous short passes and screens... it wasn't anything like vs Arkansas where we KNEW we had to put up points to win... If there is no reason to air it out to win we DON'T air it out... that can be seen in 4 out of our 5 wins...

On the remaining schedule we'll probably only air it out vs Cincy and Louisville as we did vs Arkansas with the rest just pounding the ball and eating clock as we did vs UConn, USF, Howard, Tulane... For the record we had 27 passes vs 35 rushes... Nova was 18/27 for 157yds with most of the passes short or screens with maybe 4 intermediate/deep passes all game...

We can score (as shown vs Arkansas where we easily could have put up 40+ if we wanted but called off the dogs late) more BUT choose not to... in order to limit TOs, chew clock and play the field position battle especially when we have the confidence that our D can shut down the opposing O (a confidence that wasn't there vs Arkansas forcing us to open up the passing plays)... It also adds the nice benefit of leaving our future opponents guessing on what type of Rutgers offense shows up...

Hey Blitz... You've been fair to have around this week. Banter both ways. Your visitor pass is over- go back to the teenage wasteland and take Timmy w/ ya!

Reaction Score
You UCONN chihuahua's are just too funny.. Absolutely funny! On top of that, you're hilareous. Lol. Der...p

Reaction Score
[-rutgers was not good. they are a top 40 team, not top 25. they have nothing specialoverall that any top 25 team doesn't

Typical sour grapes regarding our ranking. No different than the other 4 teams' fans who couldn't bear the fact we're better than them. You mad we're going to be ranked HIGHER next week after sending Uconn home a loser? Yea, u mad.

RU RB could develop? Dude has already has 6 straight 100 yard games and was placed on the Maxwell Watch list last week. lol

Cincy we already smacked around last year, not worried about them other than it's away. Rutgers D is designed to absolutely feast on QBs like Munchie. UL we get at home in last game of the year and barely lost there last year even after turning the ball over a bunch.

The word "you" has THREE LETTERS!!! you can't type 3 letters?

blitz8ru

Rutgers Fan
Reaction Score
Hey Blitz... You've been fair to have around this week. Banter both ways. Your visitor pass is over- go back to the teenage wasteland and take Timmy w/ ya!

whatever... All I gotta say is PLEASE beat Syracuse and shirley temple I'm BEGGING you!!!

Reaction Score
LMAO!!!!! Wait til Cincy comes to town in December THEY ARE GONNA LIGHT OUR ASS' UP! especially when the offense has no answer,it will be a game of run up the middle no gain..repeat
It'll be like 55-3. Promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99