Game thoughts - Tulane blacktop | The Boneyard

Game thoughts - Tulane blacktop

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Most of what I might've covered has been discussed ad infinitum, here already, so this is a short one.
  1. Not the same ol', same ol' immobile Onourah. This was definitely his best game as a Husky.
  2. No Kwintin? He'd been playing better than expected of late, and I kind of thought he might get increased usage. But I guess with both DO and JC playing well, his role, whatever it is, is bound to be further limited.
  3. We showed good ball movement for the most part, and looked like we had an actual plan of attack. Even the passing around the perimeter seems to have a purpose. Unfortunately, there were a few too many instances when good ball movement stopped dead with a pass to Larrier.
  4. The number of assists is still troubling. 10 on 26 buckets? That's CYO league level.
  5. An 11 board advantage is pretty solid, particularly when you win that battle at both ends. Well done.
  6. The team as a whole played better and seemed more of a cohesive unit. But the game still hinged on a 2nd half Jalen in beast mode spurt.
  7. Unrelated to this game, it seems to me that Carlton puts a tremendous amount of spin on every lay up -- they often seem to take a circuit or two around the rim before falling through or rolling out. I only notice it because I shot layups that way, and remember my coach yelling at me to stop putting so much English on the ball because "...you can't predict what it will do." I guess he never shot pool or bowled.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
2_Lane_Blacktop_71_f-1483927546-726x388.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01