Game thoughts: The dance of the whistles | The Boneyard

Game thoughts: The dance of the whistles

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Ron Groover
  2. Mike Nance
  3. Karl Hess
  4. Those three balloon knots made themselves the story of the game. Sure there were fouls. But no more so than any D1 game. Fewer than many games that don't get near the number of whistles, actually.
  5. Disliking rivals is easy. Truly hating other programs (eg, Duke, Cuse, ND), goes beyond the bounds of conference and rivalries, and requires something extra. It stems from the behavior of their fans and/or their coach. I never really hated Saint John's for instance, until Satan became their coach. Fortunately, they ended up drifting so far from relevance that it's no longer worth the effort to hate them. But for me, Cronin is the second coming of Satan as a coach, and is so eminently dislikable that he has singlehandedly put Cinci into that hated and despised category. I hope the little turd drowns in a vat of skyline "chili."
  6. Hey, look! Finally a basketball related point! Sort of. Kentan came out in the 2nd half looking like the Kentan of mid-season. Better get him on the bench quick, or this game might get exciting, says Mr Hess. TWEEEEEET!
  7. Durham had a decent 11 minutes with 4 boards, 3 points and a block. And somehow managed to get whistled for four fouls. He gets pushed off the blocks, it's a foul on him. Of course.
  8. CV was our leading rebounder with 9, played all 40 and had an all around great game. By the end he was gassed, but he kept running. The kid is going to be special before he leaves. He's already the 2nd coming of TRob in my book, and has 3 years left to build on it. He'll start next season as my favorite player, for sure.
  9. Clark took more steps than Forrest Gump. There was one drive in particular that he took two steps, then did a jump stop and slid about a foot before going up for the shot. And Doris raved about how great a move it was.
  10. Speaking of Doris, I'm thinking of starting a 'go fund me' campaign to raise enough to pay someone to rip out her vocal cords.
  11. Adams played great, but him having to sit for half of the first half was on him. When you've already got two, you can't try something that's going to be called 10 times out of 10, even in a game with real referees, much less that clown act.
  12. That's it. I'm done. I know I've missed a bunch of points I wanted to make, but I can't force myself to think about that game any longer.
  13. I can't close however, without thanking the seniors and wishing them well. All of them gave me some heartbreak over their careers, but they each had some great plays and strong efforts as well, and it's those that I'll choose to remember. They are all part of the fraternity now. Huskies for life.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Great read Rich, especially #10. Annoying to me anyway. Seems like she talks without moving her mouth. Just forces words out. Is she doing the girls games?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom