Game thoughts plus another game that might have turned out differently if we had RB. | The Boneyard

Game thoughts plus another game that might have turned out differently if we had RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Considering how many bad things they did in that game, they had a last shot, granted a prayer, to take that into OT.

The Bad:

11-17 from the line, including at least on front end of a 1-and-1.

Flat out bad half-court execution. I'm not sure if it's a matter of the players not executing what they are supposed to do or just not running or even having the right sets to run. Too much one-on-one and a lot of standing around.

Only 10 TOs, but some were ugly and at inopportune times.

Gave up 10 offensive rebounds and it seemed a lot of 2nd chance baskets.

Shaky D during some stretches.

IMO, that at least 3 of our Ls would have been Ws if we had RB. He's that 3rd dribble-drive-scorer they need to win games like tonight.

Reaction Score
One thing to add to your list is the lack of hustle on loose balls. Too many times our guys were just standing watching the ball bounce away to the other team.

Reaction Score
One thing to add to your list is the lack of hustle on loose balls. Too many times our guys were just standing watching the ball bounce away to the other team.

The Niels deflection that ended up with Stokes just killed me, Jeremy's gotta come up with that one, get on the floor if you have to, when you have two guys near the ball and the Tenn player comes up with it that's a problem.

Reaction Score
The Niels deflection that ended up with Stokes just killed me, Jeremy's gotta come up with that one, get on the floor if you have to, when you have two guys near the ball and the Tenn player comes up with it that's a problem.

I think Jeremy usually plays hard, but I have literally never seen him dive on the floor for a loose ball.

SJ

Reaction Score
This was only time I was totally ticked off and yelled at the TV. Do you want the ball or not? Also, pathetic lack of rebounding.

Reaction Score

That sequence was representative of their effort throughout the game. NG makes a great hustle play to deflect the ball and Lamb just watches and waits for the ball to come to him. Never made an effort to go to the ball. AD, although not as close, also stood and watched. A guy as athletic as he is needs to go after the ball. As the announcers said, Tenn won the majority of the 50-50 balls.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That sequence was representative of their effort throughout the game. NG makes a great hustle play to deflect the ball and Lamb just watches and waits for the ball to come to him. Never made an effort to go to the ball. AD, although not as close, also stood and watched. A guy as athletic as he is needs to go after the ball. As the announcers said, Tenn won the majority of the 50-50 balls.
Did you ever get to see Hugo?

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Can't put a positive spin on this part of the game:

SF- Giffey (5 pts) , Roscoe, Deandre - 5 Points Total
PF - Tyler, Roscoe, Alex (5 pts) - 5 Points Total
C - Alex, Andre (6 pts) - 6 Points Total
=================================
16 pts total. I don't know if that's a team record low or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom