Game thoughts, 2nd round AAC tourney | The Boneyard

Game thoughts, 2nd round AAC tourney

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. 54.5% from the floor, 47% from 3 and 82% from the line, compared to 41, 32 and 70 for Houston.
  2. Houston took almost 20 more shots than us (63 to our 44) but only made 26 to our 24. And for once we outshot someone from three, making 8 of 17 compared to their 6 of 19. We outscored them from the line by 11 points. We outrebounded them 34 to 28, and had 6 blocks to their 1.
  3. On the negative side, they had 6 steals to our 3 and we turned it over 14 times to their 5.
  4. The big story of the game though, was Jalen, who must've discovered some magic potion or acupuncture or something, because he showed absolutely no ill effects from the ankle Friday night. Or maybe it was just resolve and determination. He had a bounce in his step, did nothing to avoid contact and played all 40 minutes, shooting 6 for 12 from the field and 9 of 10 from the line. And, oh yeah, 4 boards and 5 dimes and a couple steals. Everything that I thought I saw wrong with his attitude on Thursday night was completely reversed, and we had Jalen the leader again.
  5. Vital and Jackson and Rodney carried us through the first half. All of them earned at least a B+. Jalen owned the 2nd half. 18 of his 23 points came in the 2nd half, aided by Houston opting to send us -- mostly Jalen -- to the line repeatedly in the waning minutes, before cashing out with just under a minute to go.
  6. The foul shot parade in winning time really gave it a 2014 deja vu feel.
  7. The bigs. Amidah gets a B+, despite a less than stellar stat line. Made it difficult for Houston around the rim. A couple times, they drove in, turned around and drove out. Facey gets another solid C-. His one late game jumper was crucial. Steve? I don't even want to grade hm. Played a pretty fair first half, but seemed to forget how to move his feet again in the 2nd half. And for someone with better offensive than defensive skills, he once again didn't do anything offensively, taking only one shot. His two blocks and several alters get him a C, I guess.
  8. For the first time in a long time, the crowd was big, rowdy and into it. No denying the major role they played.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1. Will need to do similar today
2. Great points
3. TO's still need to be cut down today
4. He was special
5. Those 7 points by Vance in a 4-45 minute stretch were huge to get us back in the game, Rodney clutch again doesn't want to go home yet
6. Another great point
7. Amida A+ and crunch time, C overall. Need a solid B tonight. Facey had a D- to me only saved by the put back, can't make a shot, dribbling too much and defense was horrendous. Need his 13/9 game.
8. Bigger crowd tonight, louder hope they keep them in it and use them for yet another W

Thanks Rich always good stuff.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
It's a confidence thing I think 68, he needed to make a shot. Maybe that last one last night changes things for him, sometimes that's all it takes. Here's hoping!
You could see he was visibly relieved when he hit that little jumper. Threw up hid hands like FINALLY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom