Game Replay - UConn Merrimack | The Boneyard

Game Replay - UConn Merrimack

Reaction Score
Based solely off of this game:

- Jalen was steady, but our most consistent player on both ends of the floor was CV.

- As of right now I like how AG facilitates way more when Jalen's on the bench. I'm sure this will change once the 2 gain more chemistry, both their bball IQs are far too high for them to not figure it out (their 1 alley-oop connection late was nice).

= Mamadou looked really good, feel he'll play into a starter role.

- Not hitting Kwintin on 2 wide open alley-oops drove me insane. How he finished that one off the backboard behind his head is beyond me.

- I feel Isaiah and Kwintin are going to play themselves into far more minutes than we expected with their effort.

- Our freshman don't play like freshman, which is always a good thing.

Reaction Score
Based solely off of this game:

- Jalen was steady, but our most consistent player on both ends of the floor was CV.

- As of right now I like how AG facilitates way more when Jalen's on the bench. I'm sure this will change once the 2 gain more chemistry, both their bball IQs are far too high for them to not figure it out (their 1 alley-oop connection late was nice).

= Mamadou looked really good, feel he'll play into a starter role.

- Not hitting Kwintin on 2 wide open alley-oops drove me insane. How he finished that one off the backboard behind his head is beyond me.

- I feel Isaiah and Kwintin are going to play themselves into far more minutes than we expected with their effort.

- Our freshman don't play like freshman, which is always a good thing.

After watching this video, I very much share your positive impressions of our new bigs. And as I suspected, they look a lot bulkier in their whites than they did in their dark blues. Cobb, Mamadou and Kwintin are sturdy specimens, and Whaley has a set of shoulders he can grow into. Larrier and Polley are the only genetic stringbeans.

I do add Cobb to your list, although right now he's good for no more than 5 minutes or so before he starts signaling for oxygen. Polley, too, has clear potential. We are seeing inside moves from these people that we never saw from Amida and only saw from Facey in his senior year. At last we have big men who can catch, turn and put the ball in the basket.

Eventually this will pose a decision for KO. Right now he is going small with a 3-guard offense, Larrier at the 4 and a rotation at the 5 which is coming down to Cobb, Diarra and Whaley. Polley appears to be KO's first choice off the bench behind Larrier, and Anderson is the one-and-only guard reserve. Two problems with this -- it is likely to be physically overmatched by D1 opponents, and it is short on guard backup. The answer, imo, is likely to be to move Larrier to the 3 and insert Mamadou at the 4. Then you set up Polley behind Larrier, move Whaley and Kwintin in behind Mamadou and bring Carlton and Onuorah into the mix behind Cobb. Yes, this leaves CV coming off the bench, either at the 2 or the 3, but that, I submit, is where CV will be the most valuable. And, to my mind, it is where he must inevitably end up if we are to exploit the obvious potential of our bigs.

Reaction Score
Eventually this will pose a decision for KO. Right now he is going small with a 3-guard offense, Larrier at the 4 and a rotation at the 5 which is coming down to Cobb, Diarra and Whaley. Polley appears to be KO's first choice off the bench behind Larrier, and Anderson is the one-and-only guard reserve. Two problems with this -- it is likely to be physically overmatched by D1 opponents, and it is short on guard backup. The answer, imo, is likely to be to move Larrier to the 3 and insert Mamadou at the 4. Then you set up Polley behind Larrier, move Whaley and Kwintin in behind Mamadou and bring Carlton and Onuorah into the mix behind Cobb. Yes, this leaves CV coming off the bench, either at the 2 or the 3, but that, I submit, is where CV will be the most valuable. And, to my mind, it is where he must inevitably end up if we are to exploit the obvious potential of our bigs.

I believe the only reason we started with three guards in this game was because our opponent was so small. I imagine the starting line-up against D1 teams will have Terry at the 3.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom