Game Postponement Update Thread - Please do not merge | The Boneyard

Game Postponement Update Thread - Please do not merge

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Johnny Husky

Again, I make a thread for peoeple to post updates on the new actual time of the game. I understand the need to merge threads to not have too many of these, but the other thread is basically just a moral and ethical debate and it makes it hard to sift through all people's opinions and BS to find out anything that they've heard about the game time. The latest I have heard was from Ivan Maisel :

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/45555/3-point-stance-uks-rumph-turning-heads

Yale bowl...?

Reaction Score
Per The Hour Husky Blog the game is highly unlikely to be canceled. Fordham is getting big bucks to show up so they have an incentive to make sure the game is played. And we have an incentive to play because we want the easy win. There are no NFL games this Sunday so we could play then if necessary. Or the Yale Bowl. Worst case scenario, we play in the Bronx at Fordham. We would probably lose the gate revenue, but at least we'd get the easy win.

J

Johnny Husky

I just want to see UConn football in the next 4-5 days. I'm in the midwest so it doesn't matter where to me where they play

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
It's a day later and nobody updated here? Oh well, here's the press release from uconnhuskies.com:
Aug. 31, 2011
EAST HARTFORD, Conn. - The University of Connecticut vs. Fordham football game will now be played at noon on Saturday, Sept. 3 at Rentschler Field. The game was originally scheduled for Thursday night but was postponed. All tickets and parking passes for the originally scheduled date will be honored Saturday afternoon. Parking lots will open at 8:00 a.m. with stadium gates opening at 10:30 a.m.

The game had been postponed from Thursday, Sept. 1 as stadium is currently being used by the Connecticut National Guard for use as a commodities distribution center to provide towns and cities of the state that are in need of essential supplies in the wake of Tropical Storm Irene. Through the cooperation of United Technologies Corporation, it will be possible to have both the football game and the relief efforts run concurrently on Saturday.

Patrons are encouraged to arrive early as there is ongoing development in the Rentschler Field area, in addition to some new traffic patterns on property. Parking pass holders should follow the entry instructions on the back of your parking pass to avoid possible delays. For more information, please visit rentschlerfield.com.

In conjunction with the radio "home of the Huskies", WTIC NewsTalk 1080, discounted tickets priced at $10 each will be available for the game. To order, go to UConnHuskies.com. Promotional tickets quantities are limited. This special offer will also be available at the Rentschler Field Box Office on Saturday beginning at 8:00 a.m., while supplies last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom