Game of Thrones - Season 4 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Game of Thrones - Season 4

Reaction Score
the actress that plays Margaery is unbelievably photogenic.

natalie-dormer-margaery-tyrell-en-juego-de-tronos.jpg
That would be Natalie Dormer. She also had a recurring role in Season II of Elementary as Sherlock Holmes's long lost love who turned in actuality to be Holmes's arch nemesis "M". She's being typecast as an alluring siren with a devious undercurrent. She comes in #3 on my list of favorite new generation actresses after Katheryn Winnick & Olivia Munn. (They All trail my all-time favorite-Ann Archer)

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I felt that the show has done a good job repairing several plot problems the books had by the end of the third book.

For example, bringing Sansa to the Vale and keeping her identity a secret from everyone did not make a lot of sense, but that is what Martin did in the books. I have no idea how Martin will undo that situation in the books, but the show just skipped it altogether because it was needlessly complex and unnecessary. Sansa is dangerous to hide, but also no longer just a pawn now like she was when she was in Kings Landing. The Vale is right next to the North, and one of the things that bugged me about the books is that it was not credible that all these high lords in the Vale had no one that would recognize the eldest Stark daughter. The scene last night enables the show to skip a confusing plot twist that Martin used in making Sansa anonymous, and makes the Lords of the Vale part of the conspiracy to resist the Lannisters. I also like that Sansa is playing the game better herself now. She and Littlefinger are co-dependent now rather than her just dependent on him.

One of the things that always bugged me about the books and the show was the Iron Islands' invasion of the North. They had no chance of success, but it was a huge plot twist and set into motion Robb Stark losing the War of the Five Kings. It is never explained why Balon Greyjoy did it, other than to maybe get revenge for his defeat by Ned Stark years earlier, but Ned was already dead by the time Greyjoy ordered the invasion. I get that Martin wanted the Theon/Ramsey plot line, but he should have explained how he got there. All the Iron Island's occupying armies are getting slaughtered now, as was completely expected. The show did handle Theon's betrayal of his countrymen at Moat Cailin well.

I was expecting Tywin to be a little more conflicted about the death of Oberyn Martell, since this creates a huge problem for him. He invited the Martells to Kings Landing to make peace, and now the #2 Martell is dead, killed by one of Tywin's bannermen. How does he expect Oberyn's brother to respond to this?

The scene with Jorah and Dany was well done. You could practically see Jorah's heart breaking as she banished him. I also like the subplot of Grey Worm and Missandei.

Reaction Score
Holy Shat! That was intense.

The entire beetle smashing conversation was wonderful.

Maybe the best exchange of the series: "Size does not matter when you're on your back" (nice foreshadowing) with the response from the imp "Thank the Gods!"
A five minute dissertation on smashing beetles: on one hand, filler to fill the lull in action, on the other a microcosm of Tywin's master plan for ultimate conquering of the entire of Westeros. And perhaps a foreshadowing of his ultimate Doom? (being kicked by a mule while his concentration is elsewhere)

Reaction Score
I also like the subplot of Grey Worm and Missandei.
Actually one of my favorite parts of the episode was Grey Worm, a man who is literally castrated, feeling guilty and apologizing to her for being sexually attracted to her.

Reaction Score
Haven't read the books, and don't know (or want to know until subsequent episodes) what Tyrion's fate will be, but I hope they don't kill him off since he is the best character/actor on the show. I am just not sure how he gets out of it? Does the Mountain ultimately die too, leaving it a "draw" (although I would think that wouldn;t matter since Oberyn died first). Does Jaime man-up for his brother and confess to everyone that Joffery was his and not actually king (and therefore no regicide committed?).

Loved Arrya's uncontrollable laughing.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
uconn_jack said:
Haven't read the books, and don't know (or want to know until subsequent episodes) what Tyrion's fate will be, but I hope they don't kill him off since he is the best character/actor on the show. I am just not sure how he gets out of it? Does the Mountain ultimately die too, leaving it a "draw" (although I would think that wouldn;t matter since Oberyn died first). Does Jaime man-up for his brother and confess to everyone that Joffery was his and not actually king (and therefore no regicide committed?). Loved Arrya's uncontrollable laughing.
Not going to spoil it for you at all. But if you've watched the show you know that whatever happens it won't be what you expect!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
By the way, I think Martin is deliberately dragging his feet on the books because he wants to do feature films instead. I think the feature films could go 2 directions. The most logical and interesting would be a prequel with Robert's Rebellion. That would actually work in a 1 or 2 part movie. Or Martin could just never finish the plot, get to the end of the HBO series in 7 or 8 seasons, and then keep going with movies.

Martin really has HBO by the short hairs right now. GoT is a monster hit on TV, is going to sweep the Emmys most likely, and HBO is at Martin's mercy for the remaining plot.

Reaction Score
By the way, I think Martin is deliberately dragging his feet on the books because he wants to do feature films instead. I think the feature films could go 2 directions. The most logical and interesting would be a prequel with Robert's Rebellion. That would actually work in a 1 or 2 part movie. Or Martin could just never finish the plot, get to the end of the HBO series in 7 or 8 seasons, and then keep going with movies.

Martin really has HBO by the short hairs right now. GoT is a monster hit on TV, is going to sweep the Emmys most likely, and HBO is at Martin's mercy for the remaining plot.

I saw an interview with the two show runners, Weiss and Benioff, and they indicated that they know how Martin intends to end the series.

I think Martin is happy with his current level of success and lacks the motivation to work hard and keep writing. I hope he finishes the books on soon, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Reaction Score
I'm about halfway through Dance with Dragons. I love how all these contenders for the Throne keep farting around while a zombie army marches on them from the North.

Reaction Score

It is a monster hit. 18 mil for the last ep is an enormous audience. Love GOT, but it's not going to beat Breaking Bad @ the Emmy's, nor should it. I'll be very surprised if Cranston and Gunn don't win. Dinklage is the show's best hope.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't believe Breaking Bad is eligible for the Emmys any more. I think the last Emmys incorporated the BB final season.

Reaction Score
At this point, GRRM is just F$@%ing with us, right?

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!! Eight books? Phenomenal. Just phenomenal.

This guy is going to single-handedly end publishers' ability to bilk fantasy readers through serialized novels. But he's making himself a multi-millionare in the process by hawking cook books and character quote books to his moronic fanbase. And now he's got HBO's far larger audience by the cajones too. Gotta love it.

Fatso is a true maestro.

Reaction Score
The pov choice for the books is interesting but it doesn't lend itself well to telling such a intricate and lengthy story, plus he keeps on adding characters left and right and just when you expect main story lines to merge they surreptitiously diverge. I'm not sure but my guess is that he has written himself into tough spots on where the characters are/what they are doing to where he needs them to be to finish the story in a timely manner. If the TV show maintains this entertaining and straightforward approach they'll overtake the books in the next one/two seasons in some places.

Reaction Score
I saw an interview with the two show runners, Weiss and Benioff, and they indicated that they know how Martin intends to end the series.

I think Martin is happy with his current level of success and lacks the motivation to work hard and keep writing. I hope he finishes the books on soon, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Yeah, I forget which magazine I read it in, but the producers didn't appear to be the slightest bit worried about the pace of the books and they were in lock step with Martin. There really is no crisis.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I forget which magazine I read it in, but the producers didn't appear to be the slightest bit worried about the pace of the books and they were in lock step with Martin. There really is no crisis.

Would they indicate otherwise? Maybe there isn't a crisis TV-wise. It's possible HBO negotiated sufficient rights should Fatso not deliver, up to and including the right to finish the story any damn way that HBO wants. The only thing I am certain of is that Fatso is too lazy to keep up with the HBO show at this rate. The last HBO episode will not be based off the book.

Reaction Score
Loved Arrya's uncontrollable laughing.
And she clearly had no awareness that it was not an appropriate reaction. Right in front of all the guards of the city, no apology or attempt to cover her mouth or anything

Reaction Score
Interesting, because we're pretty much only half way through the tv series. I don't know how the timing can't get screwed up eventually. The series will be done in 4 years; will the seventh book (of EIGHT) be anywhere close to done by then?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Would they indicate otherwise? Maybe there isn't a crisis TV-wise. It's possible HBO negotiated sufficient rights should Fatso not deliver, up to and including the right to finish the story any damn way that HBO wants. The only thing I am certain of is that Fatso is too lazy to keep up with the HBO show at this rate. The last HBO episode will not be based off the book.

My guess is that HBO has the rights it needs to finish the series, regardless of where Martin is with his book writing. Don't know this for a fact, just a guess.

HBO can't keep the cast under contract forever, and I don't see them wrapping up the series with a new cast for the last few seasons. You can't kill off or recast the entire ensemble.

Reaction Score
I don't believe Breaking Bad is eligible for the Emmys any more. I think the last Emmys incorporated the BB final season.

The last group of Breaking Bad episodes qualify. Per the Emmy rules, shows are eligible if they air between June 1, 2013 and May 31, 2014 (which encompasses the usual network season). The best shot for an upset is True Detective which is fresher in voters' minds.

Reaction Score
Interesting, because we're pretty much only half way through the tv series. I don't know how the timing can't get screwed up eventually. The series will be done in 4 years; will the seventh book (of EIGHT) be anywhere close to done by then?

Easy, they have the plot of the unpublished books already. There are more than enough ways to get it done.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
HBO is going to pass the books, I think that is pretty much a given. I don't know what shenanigans Martin has in store, since he recently started talking about feature films, but if I was HBO, I would be a little worried about Martin engaging in some kind of extortion in a couple of years when HBO reaches the end of the books. I expect Martin to release the next book about this time next year, but the final book is 5 to 6 years away.

Reaction Score
This season has been so schizoid. But after last night, I expect most of the season finale to be King's Landing.

Reaction Score
Easy, they have the plot of the unpublished books already. There are more than enough ways to get it done.
Well no but that means information in will have to be coming out well before the written material is published. They already apparently gave away something with the white walker transforming that baby

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom