Game of Throne: Season Six Trailer | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game of Throne: Season Six Trailer

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Just my perspective : I had avoided the 1st 4 seasons, decided to finally check out the first episode before season 5. Never expected to get sucked in so quickly and fully, banged out all 4 seasons in 2 weeks... It was like crack. In short : I recommend watching them all.

connectikev

RIP, Kev (3/4/2018)
Reaction Score
Well, we're only a few hours away from starting Season 6 - I am looking forward to a few things, but mostly interested in how they resolve the whole Jon Snow is dead thing. And what Tyrion is up to.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Well, we're only a few hours away from starting Season 6 - I am looking forward to a few things, but mostly interested in how they resolve the whole Jon Snow is dead thing. And what Tyrion is up to.
I expect the Jon Snow and/or Jon Snow's blood thing will drag out over most of the season.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Good first episode. Don't want to discuss yet to give others a chance to watch, other than to say I would not have gone that direction with Dorne if I was the producer.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Good first episode. Don't want to discuss yet to give others a chance to watch, other than to say I would not have gone that direction with Dorne if I was the producer.
The show has obviously done a generally great job in their "off book" handling. Dorne from the get go has been the exception .

August_West

Reaction Score
Boring filler filled a filler episode.

eh. Did you expect much?
1st episodes are "pick up the pieces from the previous season finale" episodes. They did hard cuts to every relevant story line which spreads the episode pretty thin as we check in, but not a lot of meat to anything.

You didnt really think we were getting a Jon Snow resolve last night? They are going to ride that out for a bit I think.

August_West

Reaction Score
was it a bad idea for Jon to Warg into Olly?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
eh. Did you expect much?
1st episodes are "pick up the pieces from the previous season finale" episodes. They did hard cuts to every relevant story line which spreads the episode pretty thin as we check in, but not a lot of meat to anything.

For sure -- but they tried to make it more interesting by killing off a couple of characters that we don't care about, and it didn't really work.

Reaction Score
Mellisandra hides her age well.
The first episode of the season was certainly a tablesetter on all fronts even to the point of the preview for future episodes. Looks like the Brann story line will resume after a year's hiatus.

Reaction Score
eh. Did you expect much?

You didnt really think we were getting a Jon Snow resolve last night? They are going to ride that out for a bit I think.

Perhaps not. But meeting low expectations doesn't make something worthy of high praise. It is what is is. A boring filler episode. Call it a segue if that's less judgy sounding. Bottom line, I wish I had just gone to bed instead of taping my eyelids open for ugatz.

Reaction Score
The show has obviously done a generally great job in their "off book" handling. Dorne from the get go has been the exception .

I'm not a book reader, but every single scene involving anything to do with Dorne seems SO different and forced and cheesier than the rest of the show. That is the one piece of the show that I absolutely cannot stand. That and any time Gilly talks to Sam and brings up how dumb she is.

August_West

Reaction Score
I'm not a book reader, but every single scene involving anything to do with Dorne seems SO different and forced and cheesier than the rest of the show. That is the one piece of the show that I absolutely cannot stand. That and any time Gilly talks to Sam and brings up how dumb she is.

LOL Gilly terrible.

Dorne especially disappointing for Book readers because it is some of the best parts and settings in the book, and it being such a hot mess for non book readers shows how bad the 'd that up.

last years Dorne stuff looked like Star Trek fight scenes from 50 years ago.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
SPOILER ALERT

Areo Hotah died like a punk. What the heck? The Sand Snakes are still ridiculous.

I would have preferred that Doran cut the sand snakes' heads off but still had to deal with the consequences of what they did. THAT would have been interesting. Who is in charge of Dorne now? Oberyn's ex-girlfriend? That would be ridiculous.

The Brienne scene was badass. Brienne does take a beating in every fight scene she is in. The actress must be tough.

I am struggling a bit with Roose putting up with his son's behavior. While completely amoral, Roose Bolton is one of the best players in the Game, so it is a little silly that he puts up with Ramsey's sadism, and even sillier that he doesn't know it is happening. The other people in the castle or the north would never tolerate Ramsay behaving like that, especially when Ramsay is just a captain, not the lord. Sansa's escape is a massive problem for Bolton, and is the end of him if anyone of consequence gets her. Roose would have seen that coming a mile away, and prevented Ramsay from being such a freak. To be honest, Ramsay's behavior is a bigger plot problem in the books than it is in the show. I keep waiting for Roose to give Ramsay a vicious beat down.

Reaction Score
LOL Gilly terrible.

Dorne especially disappointing for Book readers because it is some of the best parts and settings in the book, and it being such a hot mess for non book readers shows how bad the 'd that up.

last years Dorne stuff looked like Star Trek fight scenes from 50 years ago.

I don't mind the Dorne rewrite. With one fell swoop to the back of Trystan's head, we are spared a needless storyline. Good riddance. Let's kinda sorts almost focus on the 20 main plotlines.

Thank you, HBO.

Reaction Score
I don't mind the Dorne rewrite. With one fell swoop to the back of Trystan's head, we are spared a needless storyline. Good riddance. Let's kinda sorts almost focus on the 20 main plotlines.

Thank you, HBO.

I don't think the storyline is going away.

August_West

Reaction Score
Whats with this new batch of Dothraki? they look like a Bunch of Brooklyn Hipster wussies

Reaction Score
I feel bad for poor Stannis. Can you imagine committing adultery with that old hag? Eeeew. Better to have died than ever come into that knowledge.

August_West

Reaction Score
I feel bad for poor Stannis. Can you imagine committing adultery with that old hag? Eeeew. Better to have died than ever come into that knowledge.

Is Stannis really dead though?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom