Game of Throne: Season Six Trailer | The Boneyard

Game of Throne: Season Six Trailer

Reaction Score
Foaming at the mouth for opening night. Winter is coming.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to it. But the break has been so long I can barely recall how it ended other than Jon Snow (maybe) dying.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to it. But the break has been so long I can barely recall how it ended other than Jon Snow (maybe) dying.

I just ripped through the last 4 eps from last season to catch up. Much needed.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
When does it start? I just renewed Fios and got free HBO. I've watched previously via DVD after the season.

Reaction Score
image.jpeg

Never been more excited

Reaction Score
I read that that magazine is supposed to counteract criticisms about the show being an excuse for and arse. "Look at all the strong female characters," blah, blah, blah. Kinda a losing battle.
Sansa is with the guy who has easily played the "Game" the best so far. She is likely under his thumb as well.
Danny is a hostage
Arya is blind
Cersei has been "SHAME"ed
Margaery is in a cell
Melisandre has estranged half of Stanis's forces

Brie is doing relatively okay

I'd say the major female characters are at their worst as a group right now throughout the show thus far

Reaction Score
I'm planning to jump into Game of Thrones season 6 having only seen a part of a few episodes to this point and knowledge of the concept + red wedding episode. I don't have the time nor desire to binge-watch beyond say 6hrs of episodes.

So is the best entry binge watching end of last season, reading something, or other (i.e. Watch pilot, then jump to 4-5 other random episodes) ...?

Reaction Score
I'm planning to jump into Game of Thrones season 6 having only seen a part of a few episodes to this point and knowledge of the concept + red wedding episode. I don't have the time nor desire to binge-watch beyond say 6hrs of episodes.

So is the best entry binge watching end of last season, reading something, or other (i.e. Watch pilot, then jump to 4-5 other random episodes) ...?
Watch the last two episodes of each season

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If I had to recommend something, watch the pilot and the last two episodes of each season if you know enough of the story. The second to last episode is usually the monster and the last sets the stage for the next one.

Add the purple wedding (4:2) and the mountain v. Viper (4:8) if you have extra time.

If you know the players you can skip the pilot, too many of them are dead anyway.

Reaction Score
Cool thanks, players-wise I only vaguely know that Peter Dinklage is a big deal and Diononychus [sic] is a queen warrior not a dinosaur although she employs dragons.

Reaction Score
I don't know. I would recommend either watching it all or not watching it all. There are so many storylines and important long term scenes, I can't condone watching the last two eps of each season as a cheat sheet.

Reaction Score
I don't know. I would recommend either watching it all or not watching it all. There are so many storylines and important long term scenes, I can't condone watching the last two eps of each season as a cheat sheet.
It's a catch-22, if it is so good it should stand alone, yet also if that good deepens appreciation & experience to watch it all. So I think I'm watching pilot & last 2 episodes of last season. Then as season goes along if I like it enough I can go back & watch from A to Z

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Google Game of thrones essential episodes if you want to find the other key episodes. The links are relatively spoiler free.

Also the game of thrones wiki has every last bit of information, you may have to dodge spoilers there.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
It's a catch-22, if it is so good it should stand alone, yet also if that good deepens appreciation & experience to watch it all. So I think I'm watching pilot & last 2 episodes of last season. Then as season goes along if I like it enough I can go back & watch from A to Z

Huh? This isn't Seinfeld, the episodes don't and aren't meant to stand alone. That is precisely why it is a good show.

Reaction Score

Given that you can watch the episodes whenever you want, I don't understand why you wouldn't watch them in order. If you don't watch this season "live," who cares?

Reaction Score

Watch the pilot and penultimate episodes of the first five seasons, along with the last episode of season 5. That will give you enough info.

Drama series aren't designed to stand alone any more. The last great premium drama that you could join in on at any point was The Sopranos.

Reaction Score
Huh? This isn't Seinfeld, the episodes don't and aren't meant to stand alone. That is precisely why it is a good show.

Not only that, but just about every scene contains something important, even if it doesn't seem important at the time. There are condensing 1000's of page of books into 70 - 80 hours of TV, that is a tough task, every scene counts.

That isn't to say that you can't enjoy the show by only watching a few episodes each season, but the show isn't being produced that way.

Reaction Score
Not only that, but just about every scene contains something important, even if it doesn't seem important at the time. There are condensing 1000's of page of books into 70 - 80 hours of TV, that is a tough task, every scene counts.

That isn't to say that you can't enjoy the show by only watching a few episodes each season, but the show isn't being produced that way.
I don't get why people don't just suck it up and watch it all. It's great stuff. Why they chose to wait until a week before the start of this season is weird.

It's like asking "I want to get in to Harry Potter without reading all the books so which chapters from which books should I read?" That's not really how this stuff works. This isn't some crap action movie (or, honestly, based on what I've heard, the Song of Ice and Fire novels) with skip-able fluff where you can basically watch three scenes and pass a test on it. This is a deep, complex series of works.

Last edited:

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Something I caught while re-watching a couple episodes - they don't actually show
Brienne beheading Stannis. She says her line, he says "do your duty", she raises her sword and then...
...cutscene. I hadn't really noticed that the first time I watched.

Also - IGN posted this breakdown of some of the clues in the S6 trailer too:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom