Game Day Guide: UCONN VS. VIRGINIA | The Boneyard

Game Day Guide: UCONN VS. VIRGINIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
EAST HARTFORD, Conn. - The UConn football team takes on Virginia on Saturday, Sept. 17 at Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field. Kickoff is at 1:30 p.m. Here’s a rundown of events at the game for all fans to enjoy!

8:30 a.m. - Season Ticket Holder Early Access to Parking Lots/Tailgating
Season ticket holders (with a season parking pass) may enter the stadium an hour before lots open to the public. This season you have the ability to select your parking spot within your designated lot so friends/family can easily tailgate next to you. Please keep all traffic areas clear as stadium staff will be backfilling lots when gates open to the public.

9:30 a.m. - Parking Lots/Tailgating Open to Public
Parking lots are now open to the public. Get in early and get the grill going! Don’t forget to use #UConnTailgate and #UConnNation all season long when posting pictures of your game day setup.

9:30 a.m. - The All-New Fan Fest Opens!
Take a stroll over to the all-new ‘Fan Fest’, located between the Blue and Grey parking lots, adjacent to the Husky Walk route. Featuring the UConn Dairy Bar Truck, a DJ, inflatables, contests, giveaways and more, Fan Fest is the best place to spend time with friends and family before heading into the stadium.

11:00 a.m. - Greet the Huskies at Husky Walk

Say hello to the band, cheerleaders and Jonathan as you make your way over to Husky Walk to meet the players and coaches as they enter the stadium. The team buses will be arriving in just a few minutes – get there early to save your spot and high-five the team before they take the field!

11:45 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. - Autographs From Women’s Basketball and Men’s Ice Hockey Players
Get your favorite UConn men’s hockey and women’s basketball player’s autograph! Men’s hockey will be at Fan Fest from 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and women’s basketball will be signing from 12:30 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. Please no personal items. Posters will be provided.

12:00 p.m. - Stadium Gates Open
Get in early to catch pregame warmups! Reminder fans – Check out the complete bag policy at UConnHuskies.com/bagpolicy

1:00 p.m. - 30 Minutes to Kickoff (Fan Fest Closes)
Pay attention Husky fans - a familiar siren in the lots means it’s time to pack up and get inside!

1:10 p.m. - Pregame show begins
Don’t miss an all-new pregame show featuring the UConn Marching Band, UConn Cheer & Dance, our new intro video, and this season, BIG RED!

1:30 p.m. - Kickoff

In-Game -
Special recognition of the 2016 UConn women’s basketball NCAA Championship and Connecticut High School Coaches Hall of Fame 2016 class induction.

Halftime - Band Day celebration and Former Captains
Welcome Over 900 band members from local high schools join the UConn Marching Band on-field for a special halftime performance! We’ll also be welcoming back over 50 former UConn football captains!

Postgame - Alma Mater
Immediately after the final whistle, join our players, coaches, band, cheer/dance and students in singing our Alma Mater before the team heads to the locker room.

Important Reminders
Additional Tickets Need a few extras for the game? CLICK HERE to buy online and print at home!

New Game Day Enhancements
From discounted concessions to new in-venue amenities, several things have changed at UConn football game days. For the full list of our game day enhancements, CLICK HERE.

Exiting Pratt & Whitney Stadium (@whaler11)
Please note that there have been some changes to game day (i.e. Red Lot) exit procedures. Please CLICK HERE to see the new exit procedure and plan your travel accordingly.

A note about exiting Pratt & Whitney Stadium lots this season: In an effort to assist fans in exiting Pratt & Whitney Stadium, there will be four exits after games depending on where fans parked:

East Gate (located on Silver lane) will be split into three lanes.
The left lane will give fans the ability to turn left onto Silver Lane. The middle and right lanes will be forced to turn right onto Silver Lane. Taking the right turn onto Silver Lane will provide easy access to I84 and I384. Fans will also have access to I91 and Rt. 2 via I84 West.

Main Gate will remain consistent with previous seasons and provide direct access to all major highways via the Silver Lane and Roberts St. intersection.

Marzi Way is an access road for the general game-day parking. Game-day parkers will be guided out Marzi Way and towards the Silver Lane and Roberts St. intersection. This access road allows the fans in game-day parking to exit the property and get to a major highway quicker than previous seasons.

A new South Exit has been added this season to help fans access major roadways more quickly upon exiting the stadium property. Game-day parking will be directed to use two runways to get to the south exit of the property. Signage will be placed along the route to inform fans where to go. From there fans will be guided to Main St. Once to Main St., fans will have direct access to I91, I84, and Rt. 2.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom