Game day a week... | The Boneyard

Game day a week...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...and 10 1/2 hours away.... When will we be able to see a depth chart?

Reaction Score
I think there's a presser scheduled for this weekend. I would expect it then.

But.....I think most people here already know what it looks like. Gets interesting on the OL. I don't even want to think about what would happen if we have injuries on the OL. My take:

Offense:

QB - Whitmer - McEntee (McCummings as Wildcat)
RB - McCombs - Williams or Delorenzo
FB - Frank - Osiecki
TE - Griffin - Delehunt
LT - Bennett - Gifford (if Bennett gets hurt Masters in all likihood moves here)
LG - Greene - Cruz
C - Mateas - Bullock
RG - Masters - Rugg? (again, if Masters either gets hurt or has to move Bullock will likely replace him)
RT - Friend - Your guess is as good as mine
WR - Smith - Davis
WR - Phillips - Jones
WR - Williams - Abrams

Defense:

DE - Williams - Jennings
DT - Stephen (when healthy) - Pruitt
DT - Wirth - Campenni
DE - Joseph - McBryde or Louis
LB - Moore - Donahue
LB - Smallwood - Vann
LB - Johnson - Ashiru
CB - Wreh Wilson - Mack
CB - Gratz - Stevenson
S - Jones - Lee
S - Brown - Adams

P - Wagner
PK - Christen - Puyol
LS - Mueller
H - Wagner

Reaction Score

But.....I think most people here already know what it looks like. Gets interesting on the OL. I don't even want to think about what would happen if we have injuries on the OL. My take:

Offense:

FB - Frank - Osiecki
TE - Griffin - Delehunt
LT - Bennett - Gifford (if Bennett gets hurt Masters in all likihood moves here)
LG - Greene - Cruz
C - Mateas - Bullock
RG - Masters - Rugg? (again, if Masters either gets hurt or has to move Bullock will likely replace him)
WR - Smith - Davis
WR - Phillips - Jones
WR - Williams - Abrams

Defense:

DE - Williams - Jennings
DT - Wirth - Campenni
LB - Moore - Donahue
LB - Smallwood - Vann
LB - Johnson - Ashiru
CB - Wreh Wilson - Mack
CB - Gratz - Stevenson
S - Jones - Lee
S - Brown - Adams

P - Wagner
PK - Christen - Puyol
LS - Mueller
H - Wagner

Looks good. I'd probably add Hemingway to the two deep at one of the tackle positions.

Reaction Score
Looks good. I'd probably add Hemingway to the two deep at one of the tackle positions.

Size concerns me there with him and Nwokeji. I honestly think the staff only feels comfortable with 7 OLinemen. If we have to go deeper than that we're in for a long year IMO.

I'm working on the assumption that all of the true frosh redshirt.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Size concerns me there with him and Nwokeji. I honestly think the staff only feels comfortable with 7 OLinemen. If we have to go deeper than that we're in for a long year IMO.

Yeah I would take Puyol off and put a shirt on him, assuming Christen is up for the job all year

Reaction Score
Desmond Conner reports that Pasqualoni said Samra and Norris might make travel squad at the Middlesex Chamber breakfast this morning.

also - Blidi is only captain at this point.

Reaction Score
Yeah I would take Puyol off and put a shirt on him, assuming Christen is up for the job all year

Agree. But if Christen pulls hammy (knock on wood)......then Puyol is in.

Reaction Score

Isn't Rugg a true frosh? That's put him in the redshirt category too.. which is why I get moving Nwokeji in the mix... or Hemingway... I'm pretty sure those kids are upwards of the 260's range in weight...
(P.S. I believe DC tweeted earlier that Coach P indicated that Samra "might" suit up for the travel team.. He didn't mention any other true frosh OL)

BTW, anybody else like our WR corp? we got some playmakers 6 deep...

As for RB, coach White said ( via courant article by DC ) he like what he saw out of our 4 RBs ( McCombs, Hypollite, Delorenzo, and Williams )... implied they'd all see time.. very encouraging...I'm praying Hypollite or Delorenzo step up and provide solid play so Williams can be redshirted

Reaction Score

Offense:

FB - Frank - Osiecki
TE - Griffin - Delehunt
LG - Greene - Cruz
C - Mateas - Bullock
WR - Smith - Davis
WR - Phillips - Jones
WR - Williams - Abrams

Defense:

DE - Williams - Jennings
DT - Wirth - Campenni
LB - Moore - Donahue
LB - Smallwood - Vann
LB - Johnson - Ashiru
CB - Wreh Wilson - Mack
CB - Gratz - Stevenson
S - Jones - Lee
S - Brown - Adams

P - Wagner
PK - Christen - Puyol
LS - Mueller
H - Wagner

Great post. I expect Foxx to be on the two deep behind Williams. It will be interesting to see what tackle has emerged to earn a spot on the two deep.

Reaction Score
Replace Lee with St. Louis at 2 deep safety. Dez reported that today.

Reaction Score
Isn't Rugg a true frosh? That's put him in the redshirt category too.. which is why I get moving Nwokeji in the mix... or Hemingway... I'm pretty sure those kids are upwards of the 260's range in weight...
(P.S. I believe DC tweeted earlier that Coach P indicated that Samra "might" suit up for the travel team.. He didn't mention any other true frosh OL)

As for RB, coach White said ( via courant article by DC ) he like what he saw out of our 4 RBs ( McCombs, Hypollite, Delorenzo, and Williams )... implied they'd all see time.. very encouraging...I'm praying Hypollite or Delorenzo step up and provide solid play so Williams can be redshirted

Saw that about Samra after I posted my guestimate of the 2 deep. The OL is pure guess work. I would imagine that the staff is really focusing on guys being able to play more than one position (Bullock at C &OG....Masters at RG & LT, etc.) in case of injuries. Really concerned about the depth of the OL. Probably my biggest concern going into the year. I really don't like playing true frosh on the OL.

Reaction Score

Dez spoke to the running back's coach yesterday and he reported that he expects all of the running backs to play which I assume meant Joe Williams is not redshirting.

Reaction Score
Replace Lee with St. Louis at 2 deep safety. Dez reported that today.

That is mildly surprising only because I had assumed that Stlouis wanted to transfer because he wasn't on the 2 deep and Lee impressed me at the Spring Game.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i think lee will make the 2 deep and play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom