Game 3 - Indiana with the edge early | The Boneyard

Game 3 - Indiana with the edge early

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
The smallish Indiana lineup is filled with ball handlers and their strong, double teaming D is working well. Minny is not able to make them pay on switches/mismatches and is turning the ball over like crazy.

Minny desperately needs an 'eraser' at the back end of their own defense but doesn't have one.

U

UCONNfan1

Minny absolutely getting blown off the court. down 20 in the 2nd quarter. And here I thought Indiana would be LUCKY to win a game. Looks like they are in the driver's seat now.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Indy playing like they want it more. Minny needs to match Indy's pressure D with solid ball screens and aggressive penetration of their own. I saw very few of such screens - Maya set one that nearly flattened Zellous.

On their own D end the Lynx are just getting taken off the dribble left and right and there is no help in the back. Indy going in/out almost at will. Playing high quality ball with a lineup every bit as small as Minnys.

Maya with a few buckets late in the half but it will not be enough against this team tonight at their place.

Reaction Score
It just seems like Catchings' time.

Like Dirk and the Mavs in 2011 - Dirk wasn't the best player in the series, and Dallas probably wasn't the better team. But it was probably his last real shot at a championship (at least during his prime), whereas the Heat still had years of contention left.

That's how it feels for Indy right now. Catchings is due.

Reaction Score
Minny absolutely getting blown off the court. down 20 in the 2nd quarter. And here I thought Indiana would be LUCKY to win a game. Looks like they are in the driver's seat now.

Wow! Lynx getting blown at half! Down by 18. Right now Indiana is in control of the game big time and if they win will be up 2-1 with the next game in Indiana!

I still do not believe this series is over. The Lynx have to win one game in Indiana to have game 5 at home for the Championship! Interesting to see how the 2nd half plays out! The Lynx are capable of coming back in this game. Defense,Rebounds,Assts,and Seimone,Maya,Whalen,Brunson have to be Aggressive and take over!
Ira

Reaction Score
Lynx looking completely out of sync and nothing going their way. Can't defend, can't score. I am flipping back and forth between this game and the UConn football game. Same story on the football field. I am completely unhappy with my sports viewing experience tonight.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Has to be a Finals record for largest margin. It was 35 pts there a minute ago and we're not even out of the 3rd yet.

Reaction Score
Indiana appears to have discovered something defensively to throw Minnesota off of their offensive rhythm; Something that should not happen with a team that features Seimone Augustus, Maya Moore, and Lindsay Whalen. Candace Wiggins looks totally lost when her shot is not falling. Erlana Larkins is, again, the difference. She might get 20 rebounds tonight.
Indiana is impressive; Totally unexpected. As has been mentioned, Maybe this is just their time.

Reaction Score
Lynx looking completely out of sync and nothing going their way. Can't defend, can't score. I am flipping back and forth between this game and the UConn football game. Same story on the football field. I am completely unhappy with my sports viewing experience tonight.
UGLY!!!!!! LGst margin is 28! I still believe, the Lynx can win this series and WNBA Championship! NOT if they play this way tonight.DUH

I think the Lynx will be a different team on Sun! No matter the Final Score this was a Whipping by the Fever!

As for Syracuse/UCONN Football it sucks!!:mad:
Ira

Reaction Score
beatdown.jpg

BEATDOWN! LMAO!

Reaction Score
It is really not any different than UConn struggling against similar teams they should beat easily. Minnesota wants to pass and cut, and Indiana's defensive style disrupts that.

Indiana appears to have discovered something defensively to throw Minnesota off of their offensive rhythm; Something that should not happen with a team that features Seimone Augustus, Maya Moore, and Lindsay Whalen. Candace Wiggins looks totally lost when her shot is not falling. Erlana Larkins is, again, the difference. She might get 20 rebounds tonight.
Indiana is impressive; Totally unexpected. As has been mentioned, Maybe this is just their time.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Indiana simply worked harder on both ends of the court. Catchings is playing some of the best ball of her career. Minny simply looked lethargic and uninspired.

Reaction Score
The fever are a TEAM. You can tell by the way the Fever players interact with each other that everyone buys into it and that they respect their coach.

Indiana won that game because of their defence in the first quarter. Erin Phillips was denying Lindsay Whalen anywhere in the half court. The Lynx did not match that intensity.

I agree: Catchings is playing phenomenally.

Reaction Score
Indiana won that game because of their defence in the first quarter. Erin Phillips was denying Lindsay Whalen anywhere in the half court. The Lynx did not match that intensity.

I believe that you have hit upon the key to Indiana's defense. Erin Phillips made a concerted effort to push Whalen to one side of the court which seemed to limit Minnesota's options; With Whalen now on one side of the court, Indiana, then, overplayed the first passing option, further frustrating Minnesota's offense; Leaving the Lynx offense to the incredible offensive talents of Seimone Augustus and Maya Mooore, the two of whom now finding themselves double teamed and pushed to a corner. Methodically well executed defense by Indiana for which Minnesota had no answer. Minnesota also lacked spacing on the floor.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Indiana simply worked harder on both ends of the court. Catchings is playing some of the best ball of her career. Minny simply looked lethargic and uninspired.

Maybe they wanted it more?

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I surfed into the game just before halftime and surfed right back out. From the box scote it looked like the Lynx big guns (Moore and Augustus) took the night off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom