G Adam Huska to UConn. HUGE GET!!!! | The Boneyard

G Adam Huska to UConn. HUGE GET!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Best goalie in USHL has committed to UConn for 2016-17. Major, major recruiting win.

7th round Rangers draft pick.

Maybe UConn playing in the same building as the Wolfpack was a major selling point.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Starting goalie for Green Bay Gamblers in USHL.

Starting goalie for Slovakia during World Junior tournament this year.

What does it mean for Nichols' playing time?

Reaction Score
Over The Boards‏@OverTheBoards 2m2 minutes ago
97 G Adam Huska (USHL - Green Bay) commits to UConn. Huskies lock up a major piece in net, 6'3 Slovakian leads USHL with .933 SV%/1.81 GAA.

Reaction Score
He's gonna be nice replacement for Nichols. Looks like a big kid in the net. Nichols is gonna be a senior right?
I'm guessing Nichols will still get most of the playing time, but I'm sure Huska will be in there 1 game during a wknd series. Nichols seemed pretty bad @ times playing back to back.

Reaction Score
Maybe UConn playing in the same building as the Wolfpack was a major selling point.[/QUOTE]

He'll have more fans seeing him @ UConn games than if he gets promoted to the AHL. The wolfpack may be in Bridgeport/Albany/Nassau by the time he's mature enough to get called up

Reaction Score
Its going to be very interesting how Cavanaugh plays this.

The three goalies on the roster cannot be too pleased but Huska is a major upgrade in talent.

Huska was my number one wish for UConn's next goalie.

Huska's commitment is at least on par, probably bigger, than Letunov's commitment. The key is to make noise while they are both on the roster together with Thompson. However long that will be.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Its going to be very interesting how Cavanaugh plays this.

The three goalies on the roster cannot be too pleased but Huska is a major upgrade in talent.

Huska was my number one wish for UConn's next goalie.

Huska's commitment is at least on par, probably bigger, than Letunov's commitment. The key is to make noise while they are both on the roster together with Thompson. However long that will be.
If you remember back to when Thulin signed...he was a non-scholarship kid signed to provide depth. Creel was brought in to back-up Nichols. Nichols is the Number 1...and Huska will come in to compete with the other two. IMHO competition will be good, and this significantly upgrades the talent in net.

Reaction Score
way to go coach Cav! Coach has a lot to sell about Husky Nation and recruits are taking notice. Our coaching staff is motivated and confident. Welcome to Uconn !!! Adam!!

Reaction Score
If you remember back to when Thulin signed...he was a non-scholarship kid signed to provide depth. Creel was brought in to back-up Nichols. Nichols is the Number 1...and Huska will come in to compete with the other two. IMHO competition will be good, and this significantly upgrades the talent in net.
Is Cavanaugh going to have a better goalie sitting behind Nichols for a year? I do not think it would be fair to the rest of the team. It is a tough spot with Nichols being a senior.

UConn will probably have Letunov and Thompson at the most for two more seasons, possibly only one more. The team has to take advantage of having those two on the top line and Huska in net.

Reaction Score
Is Cavanaugh going to have a better goalie sitting behind Nichols for a year? I do not think it would be fair to the rest of the team. It is a tough spot with Nichols being a senior.

UConn will probably have Letunov and Thompson at the most for two more seasons, possibly only one more. The team has to take advantage of having those two on the top line and Huska in net.
You bring up some really good points Mac. Nichols split time with Matt Grogan when he was a freshman...maybe that's what happens here. It will be interesting to see the strength development of the sophomore class as well. Contrary to what some posters have said on here...it's clear with these past 3 recruiting classes that this staff can definitely recruit HE caliber kids.

Reaction Score
Gotta think this will help, not hurt Nichols next year. The added competition will help raise his game and this will also allow him to stay fresh the entire year.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't really follow hockey recruiting. I'm going to reserve judgement until I hear hockeyfan's take.

Reaction Score
I don't really follow hockey recruiting. I'm going to reserve judgement until I hear hockeyfan's take.
LOL..you'll be waiting for a long time...he and his alternate screen name HuskyCamper have joined the likes of HFD in the banned from The Boneyard group. It would be interesting to see his take on this though. He was adamant that Cav and his staff couldn't recruit.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
This is a good problem to have. :)

I like our backup goalies a lot... they both came in and preformed very well in tough situations this year against high level competition... but this is a whole 'nother level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom