Future OOC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Future OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I think Warde has done a great job scheduling. We need two P5 schools or BYU/BSU every year. If we're looking very strong preseason, we should consider a third P5 school. UMass, Army and local FCS schools to round out the roster. Our Army road game was in NYC, UMass road game in Boston. He's locked up 75% of the schedule for the next 5 years and gotten the toughest half out of the way already. Not sure you can ask much more.

Reaction Score
no way Mizzou ever makes it to the Rent. They will buy it out unless Uconn is in a P5 conference by then (not happening). The only chance of getting a P5 team is if its a former BE foe, or, evidently, UVa. every year that goes by it will be harder and harder to schedule home games against P5 teams

Reaction Score
no way Mizzou ever makes it to the Rent. They will buy it out unless Uconn is in a P5 conference by then (not happening). The only chance of getting a P5 team is if its a former BE foe, or, evidently, UVa. every year that goes by it will be harder and harder to schedule home games against P5 teams

Only your last sentence is remotely true. The rest of your post flies in the face of reality.

Reaction Score
Off the top of my head, I believe UF played in the carrier dome. Alabama played in state college. Arkansas played at Rutgers.

I am surprised that more major powers don't play at Rutgers more often because 1) its usually a win for the visitors ;), 2) gets the visitors on NYC TV for a few days, and 3) the opportunity to showcase their programs in front one of the top football recruiting states around.

huskypantz

Reaction Score
I am surprised that more major powers don't play at Rutgers more often because 1) its usually a win for the visitors ;), 2) gets the visitors on NYC TV for a few days, and 3) the opportunity to showcase their programs in front one of the top football recruiting states around.
I don't think SEC schools take 2 or 3 into consideration. It is hard to find a Waffle House or Chik Fil A in NYC and their recruiting territory is the best in the country.

Reaction Score
Please don't tell me Boise was 2-1. Do we have another game with them somewhere? Or is your 2018 wrong

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 42
Reaction Score
I posted this on an OOC scheduling thread when I heard it about a year ago the reaction here was not good. I bring it up again because I heard it again two weeks ago.

Warde and Bates have talked about a 1-2-1 series. 1 @ Gillette (split gate), 1@ Chestnut Hill, 1 @Rent, 1@ Chestnut Hill.

OK, fire away.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I posted this on an OOC scheduling thread when I heard it about a year ago the reaction here was not good. I bring it up again because I heard it again two weeks ago.

Warde and Bates have talked about a 1-2-1 series. 1 @ Gillette (split gate), 1@ Chestnut Hill, 1 @Rent, 1@ Chestnut Hill.

OK, fire away.

I'd do it.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

OK, fire away.
Well, it's a year later and it hasn't gotten done. I would also do it.

Reaction Score
I vote no. It's BC for heaven sakes. Ask yourself would you do that deal with Wake Forest or Illinois? That is a comparable level here. That is basically the deal they gave UMass. We have zero need to play those guys. It would be nice but not worth setting a bad precedent. You do it for them and you will never get another 1-1 with Rutgers Syracuse or anyone.

Reaction Score
I vote no. It's BC for heaven sakes. Ask yourself would you do that deal with Wake Forest or Illinois? That is a comparable level here. That is basically the deal they gave UMass. We have zero need to play those guys. It would be nice but not worth setting a bad precedent. You do it for them and you will never get another 1-1 with Rutgers Syracuse or anyone.

Don't agree with FS often but that proposed deal is nuts.

Reaction Score
I vote no. We have zero need to play those guys.....not worth setting a bad precedent.
This reminds me of the hubris some of us were spouting about the ND series. We should have signed that deal. I understand the politicos got into the mix but we should have done it. And I would enthusiastically support this proposed arrangement. For obvious reasons that go far beyond the details of this proposal with BC, our football program needs exposure and a full stadium. Bring on some rivalry hoopla and excitement. Bring on BC. And if we happen to get invited to a P-5 during the duration of the deal there's always a way to renegotiate the venues with our Boston rivals. Just ask Tennessee.

huskypantz

Reaction Score
This reminds me of the hubris some of us were spouting about the ND series. We should have signed that deal. I understand the politicos got into the mix but we should have done it. And I would enthusiastically support this proposed arrangement. For obvious reasons that go far beyond the details of this proposal with BC, our football program needs exposure and a full stadium. Bring on some rivalry hoopla and excitement. Bring on BC. And if we happen to get invited to a P-5 during the duration of the deal there's always a way to renegotiate the venues with our Boston rivals. Just ask Tennessee.
Our football program will get exposure and excitement if we win games. We have 1-1 series with UVA, IU, ILL, SU, Mizzou. Even BYU and BSU have more prestige than BC. Do NOT set the precedent than schools in the bottom half of the P5 can get 2-1's with us - it will severely hamper future scheduling efforts and diminish us in the conference realignment landscape.

Reaction Score
Our football program will get exposure and excitement if we win games. We have 1-1 series with UVA, IU, ILL, SU, Mizzou. Even BYU and BSU have more prestige than BC. Do NOT set the precedent than schools in the bottom half of the P5 can get 2-1's with us - it will severely hamper future scheduling efforts and diminish us in the conference realignment landscape.
BC is NOT Notre Dame. They are a lower rung P5 program. We can and have gotten 1-1 with those teams and should not worry too much if BC won't do that deal. But we should not do 2-1 with them. All you guys willing to sign on for that seem to ignore the fact that so far mid-tier teams WILL come to the Rent. Even some better than mid tier will. It has nothing to do with hubris. It is about protecting the program. If we can get Syracuse UMass Rutgers Army on the schedule eventually we'll get BC too.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
John Greene said:

OK, fire away.

Add one more at the Rent and it's a done deal.

Reaction Score
Add one more at the Rent and it's a done deal.

That's how negotiating works huh? LOL.

I was very concerned about Warde Manuel when he first came on and our schedules were basically empty. Worried me that nothing seemed to be happening for a long time. He doesn't get nearly enough the credit he deserves for putting the schedules together he's been able to assemble - especially given the conference situation hell he stepped into with UCONN, and the completely empty schedules.

He's managed, somehow, to turn what was a very bad situation of negotiating contracts and position of strength or weakness in such engagements, into what is possibly the best realistically it can be, with scheduling. He's combined some lower rungs in the other conferences that we've been able to schedule before (i.e. Indiana opened up Rentschler field game play - we've had Virginia before too, etc.) for home and home, and he's scheduled well with northeast based 1-AA programs with some history, although insiginificant in attendance due to 1-AA classification in the past (URI, Maine - etc - but I remember beating the snot out of a RI team several years ago in Sept in front of a crowd at REntschler that was minimum 6x the attendance of SMU last season. We need to be balanced with landing now - Nonconference Syracuse, etc.

Landing a series that makes sense with both Boston College and University of New Jersey would be huge gets, and would make sense to be on the drawing board.

We got to start winning though, or no one other than the few dozen of us on this message board will care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom