Funny Things From Diaco Q&A | The Boneyard

Funny Things From Diaco Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
1) When he opened up the floor for questions, I could specifically tell when the person asking the question was a BYer. Example: "Hey Coach, so you've got a great set of tight ends, huh? When do you plan on starting to use them?"
2) Did anyone else hear the old guy stand up during Q&A and start talking about how he used to run the 100 meter dash in high school or something? Guy talked for several minutes and I got a kick out of it...Diaco didn't know how the heck to shut the guy up without being a jerk

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
1) When he opened up the floor for questions, I could specifically tell when the person asking the question was a BYer. Example: "Hey Coach, so you've got a great set of tight ends, huh? When do you plan on starting to use them?"
2) Did anyone else hear the old guy stand up during Q&A and start talking about how he used to run the 100 meter dash in high school or something? Guy talked for several minutes and I got a kick out of it...Diaco didn't know how the heck to shut the guy up without being a jerk

I think #2 was when I caught the steaming via Facebook. I tried for about 2 minutes and realized the guy was on a mission to get out his statement.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Q # X: What's the best apizza in Connecticut? A: Some non-Ital named joint.
Mulberry Street pizza in Manchester... Which is quite good, not sure about the BEST... But it's named after part of Little Italy in NYC.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Diaco handled the 1942 guy well. After taking 5 minutes to get to the point of blitz the qb to force interceptions, Diaco did not embarass him.

Diaco is great with a microphone. Get ready is the message for the fans. Dynasty talk- that is for another day!

Reaction Score
I loved the part when Diaco told everyone to #GetReady!!! It's going to be some kid of season this year fellas. Top 10 defense in every single statistical category

Reaction Score
I loved the part when Diaco told everyone to #GetReady!!! It's going to be some kid of season this year fellas. Top 10 defense in every single statistical category
He absolutely lit up when asked the question about linebackers and ended up talking about the defensive progress. There's no question that he is a great defensive mind.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Diaco's wet cement analogy was hilarious--I don't know where he comes up with this stuff

Reaction Score
I read somewhere that when speaking of Eddie Hahn, he (effectively) said, that guy has so much energy that when he and I get together we may spontaneously combust

He is a quote machine - it is somewhat unfortunate he is operating in a part of the country where the media is not aware we play D1 football

Reaction Score
I was about to stand up and ask a harmless question but after the old guy spoke, I didn't see the need!

Diaco's enthusiasm is something to behold, no question.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Living in Dallas, I'm pretty far removed from the program. From here, I get the impression Diaco is focused like a laser and on a mission. We're just along for the ride.

I hope I'm right.

Reaction Score
Diaco's wet cement analogy was hilarious--I don't know where he comes up with this stuff
Best lines of the night, "if you get a D in gym, your a jerk!" And, "if you have twenty five tardies, forget about me not liking you, you won't like me!"
No offense to either of you just a different opinion on the best quote of the evening. :)I thought his best / most bold comments of the evening were his opening statement about his staff. If called by Urban Meyer or any other P5 coach that would want to trade any member or entire staff it would be out of the question! Best staff in the country! In closing it was if you do not have your tickets yet, get them soon or they will not be available! ;) I think he is a year away on that one but he is right on if they get it rolling this year. The band wagoner's will come back.
Over all a great event. I would have loved to have some mingle time with the coaches as in the past but Bobby has his ways.
THANK YOU to the BYers who helped make this happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom