Fuller's Game Report with Gen/Player Quotes | The Boneyard

Fuller's Game Report with Gen/Player Quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"It's going to be fun the next couple days preparing," Auriemma said. "That's still one of my favorite things to do, prepare for a really good team on the road. ... Sometimes more fun than the actual game. I'm looking forward to seeing how as a team, what kind of look the players have these next two days. I think they'll be pretty excited. It's the first time in a while you're going in and someone else is No. 1 in the country."

No. 2 UConn wins 82nd straight, beats No. 14 Texas 72-54

Reaction Score
“It is the biggest compliment you can get,” Williams said. “It is always offensive when people say they are so talented because it is not just talent. We can’t beat teams just on talent, it is because we work hard, we have that effort. It is almost offensive that ‘they are so talented’ because they don’t see the work that goes in.”

Perhaps my favorite words from this article. These kids bust their rears to be the best, and when they can come back from the first quarter the way they did today... it shows.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I was disappointed Geno didn't have post game praise for Natalie Butler. Without her contribution defending the middle, I don't think UConn wins this game. They looked like a different team defensively when Butler was in.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I was disappointed Geno didn't have post game praise for Natalie Butler. Without her contribution defending the middle, I don't think UConn wins this game. They looked like a different team defensively when Butler was in.
Oh, but he did. He said she played great. See the post-game presser video.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Coach with some understatement:

“Those first 5 minutes were a scare. We were stunned by the way the game started. We are not used to that. It was a pretty big difference from the first 5 minutes of Thursday’s game.”

Yep!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA