Fuller: Gray, Hartley a healthy matchup | The Boneyard

Fuller: Gray, Hartley a healthy matchup

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
if Hartley does her Bob Cousy imitation, they're doomed.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Disappointed to read that the series may not be renewed after next years game at UConn. I suspect its going to be difficult for Geno to schedule teams from the ACC as many teams may believe their schedule is tough enough and don't want to play a team like UConn. I would also think that ESPN and the other networks already have plans to nationally televise games when Duke and ND play each other. Therefore, no reason to schedule UConn to get on national television.

I wonder if more SEC teams may be willing to schedule games against UConn now that South Carolina is planning a home/away series. Texas A&M is the only SEC team to schedule a home/away series with UConn since Pat refused to renew the series. The A&M series started when A&M was part of the Big 12. I would love to see a Home/Away series with Vandy and Georgia. If Matt Insell new head coach for Ole Miss wants to build his program and get more publicity it would help if he scheduled games against UConn.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I still think that ND will be on UConns schedule.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Disappointed to read that the series may not be renewed after next years game at UConn. I suspect its going to be difficult for Geno to schedule teams from the ACC as many teams may believe their schedule is tough enough and don't want to play a team like UConn. I would also think that ESPN and the other networks already have plans to nationally televise games when Duke and ND play each other. Therefore, no reason to schedule UConn to get on national television

There is no evidence to suggest that ACC teams won't schedule UConn in the future because of the difficulty of the ACC schedule. In one breath McCallie mentions not scheduling UConn because of the difficult conference schedule, and then in another she talks with pride about how tough Duke's schedule is and about adding Tenn. She's all over the place on this issue. I suspect she's tired of getting her butt kicked and if any coach is going to emphasize the negatives associated with UConn's new conference with recruits it will be her. It seems pretty clear she won't renew the contract with UConn and it seems equally clear that her reasons have little to do with a tough in-conference schedule.

Reaction Score
Yes, Bria has a lot of assists and an incredible assist-to-turnover ratio; however, MoJeff is the point guard, which has taken a lot of the pressure off Bria of having to bring the ball up the court. We shouldn't get over confident. Duke is a talented team, and depending on how healthy KML, Morgan and Kiah are, it could be a very close game. UConn 79-72.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Yes, Bria has a lot of assists and an incredible assist-to-turnover ratio; however, MoJeff is the point guard, which has taken a lot of the pressure off Bria of having to bring the ball up the court. We shouldn't get over confident. Duke is a talented team, and depending on how healthy KML, Morgan and Kiah are, it could be a very close game. UConn 79-72.
Hartley brings the ball up as much as Jefferson.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Why would there be an issue with Stokes? She had a slight ankle turn and was was supposed to be back at practice last Sunday.

I'm not sure Duke can all of a sudden play better defense than they did against Purdue and Oklahoma. Why do you think they will hold Uconn to 79?

I'd be shocked if Duke can score 72.

Reaction Score
There is no evidence to suggest that ACC teams won't schedule UConn in the future because of the difficulty of the ACC schedule. In one breath McCallie mentions not scheduling UConn because of the difficult conference schedule, and then in another she talks with pride about how tough Duke's schedule is and about adding Tenn. She's all over the place on this issue. I suspect she's tired of getting her butt kicked and if any coach is going to emphasize the negatives associated with UConn's new conference with recruits it will be her. It seems pretty clear she won't renew the contract with UConn and it seems equally clear that her reasons have little to do with a tough in-conference schedule.
^^^^ THIS

Reaction Score
Now that UCONN has its football coach, UCONN admin needs to get UCONN in the Big 10 in 2015....They need another east coast team other than Penn State and RU. UCONN will give them huge exposure in NYC and all of New England....Lets go Ward and President Herbst..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom