Fuller: Bria comments on Maya's influence | The Boneyard

Fuller: Bria comments on Maya's influence

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
"Shortly after arriving at UConn in the summer of 2010, Bria Hartley realized the way she played basketball was never going to be the same.

Never one to slack off, even on her worst day, she was still a player who tended to save her best for the bright lights during her brilliant career at North Babylon (N.Y.) High.

Hartley’s eyes were opened when she witnessed the ferocity reigning national player of the year Maya Moore possessed during informal pickup games and mundane basketball activities."

LINK

Loosely translated as: Why Maya is truly great---not just really good.

Reaction Score
It's incredible how often we're reading Bria's name in the same company as Maya when it comes to statistics. (1500 points, 500 assists, 500 rebounds, 200 steals; total minutes played..) And to think, she did it with a hobbled season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It's incredible how often we're reading Bria's name in the same company as Maya when it comes to statistics. (1500 points, 500 assists, 500 rebounds, 200 steals; total minutes played..) And to think, she did it with a hobbled season.
I'd like to see her match Maya's 2 national championships. :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Maya's intensity was passed to Kelly, who passed it to Kaleena.

Maya helps change the culture wherever she goes, not that every place particularly needs it.

Geno said some kids on the AAU circuit go out and play, they have fun, then they go to McDonalds. They seem not to care whether they won or lost. He looked for the kids who were pissed after a loss: Maya, Kelly, Bria, et al. Though I'm not sure Geno--or anyone for that matter--saw Maya lose very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom