Fuchs Commits to Rutgers | The Boneyard

Fuchs Commits to Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Can't blame the kid. Any chance you get to spend 4 years in a sewage depository, you take it no questions asked.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Hadn't he already committed to UConn?

Reaction Score
If he feels that is best for him, I will wish him well. The pro for him is that he can likely play BB there. The flip side, is that he may be looking at a change of coach there in short order. I expect more defections, with Bloom being Exhibit A and Wright being Exhibit B. Still puzzling why staff did not bring Jordan in during spring when schollie opened up. Good luck young man.

Reaction Score
Hadn't he already committed to UConn?

Committed > De-commited > Clarifed - Committed > Opened up Recruiting > Gone

Coaching change turmoil.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Rutty is getting hammered by Cincy right now. Flood may not survive this. Odd decision to make if it was really about coaching stability.

Just an opinion... But I think if something bigger comes along he'll flip again. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Meh, he's a kid. Good luck to him.

I can certainly understand if his analysis is B1G > AAC. Also the prospect of joining a winless club may not be all that inviting. Finally, he's certain to be a upgrade to RU basketball. There is a lot of upside to him.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
LSU an others are already taking advantage of the early signing period, wish that had been around last year, Fuchs could have signed a letter of intent August 1.

To clarify, the August 1 signing period is for mid-year transfers. So early graduates and prep school kids can take advantage. They count towards this coming year's numbers.

Reaction Score
Can anyone share how many spots are still open? Also, are the Coaches actively still recruiting with no new HC in place?

Reaction Score
Can anyone share how many spots are still open? Also, are the Coaches actively still recruiting with no new HC in place?

The thought was the class size was to be between 14-18, we still have 11 "commits" +/- and yes, the current staff is still actively recruiting and trying to hold class together.

Other than Fuchs - most commits seem to be taking a wait and see who attitude.

Reaction Score
The thought was the class size was to be between 14-18, we still have 11 "commits" +/- and yes, the current staff is still actively recruiting and trying to hold class together.

Other than Fuchs - most commits seem to be taking a wait and see who attitude.

Appreciate that. Thank you!

Reaction Score
Jordon Fuchs has an official visit to Indiana this weekend. So much for being committed to RU. Flood's policy is commits can not later take OV's. Perhaps Uconn could step in and try to lure him back?

http://indiana. /default.asp?type=2

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Personally, kids who make the recruiting process this complicated concern me. I get the whole coaching change and all that, but at the end of the day, these are all fine institutions offering full rides. He was in and out and back in at Milford. Now its UCONN, no Rutgers and now Indiana. Poorly handled in my opinion.

Reaction Score
If you have followed this saga, it is fair to get the impression that basketball drives this kid. He talked about UConn basketball during his Uconn recruitment for football. Now, he is headed to an elite basketball ( and awful football) school.

My impression is that basketball is his love. He is playing football to stay close to hoops.

Reaction Score
Hard to see him getting pumped a game day to play monster football when basketball is his first love. He's likely more like a scorpion than a werewolf. Definitely doesn't fit Diaco's vision for Uconn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom