FT shoooting | The Boneyard

FT shoooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This entire team should have whole practices around ft, suicides, and shooting in general and suicides.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
4 straight misses under 2 minutes? Woof. Brimah is probably a 75 % FT shooter over his career and has been AWFUL this year. Too much upper body this off season?

Reaction Score
4 straight misses under 2 minutes? Woof. Brimah is probably a 75 % FT shooter over his career and has been AWFUL this year. Too much upper body this off season?

He's shooting it so flat.

C

Chief00

It also depends who is going to the line. Calhoun always said that had a lot to do with team FT %.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It also depends who is going to the line. Calhoun always said that had a lot to do with team FT %.

Yeah, well...

Vital 68.8%
Jackson 66.7%
Purvis 66.7%
Adams 62.1%
Facey 61.5%
Brimah 50.0%
Enoch 44.4%
Durham n/a

There are no Napiers in that group. And JA is the guy we'd expect to go to the line most often.

fwiw, Gilbert was 70% and Larrier 61.5%.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
all those missed FT's in the last 2 minutes were painful to watch..

They had no legs at the end. They were totally gassed.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Its frustrating seeing the FT misses after we have recently experienced Bazz, Boat, DHam, Gibbs, nail those in the last several years.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I was surprised to see they were #1 last year. Purvis, Brimah, DHam didn't exactly elicit comforting thoughts when they stepped to the line.

I seem to remember the beginning of the year being a real struggle and a lot of guys picking up steam as the year went on. It also helped they had Gibbs. As inefficient he was at getting to the line, he shot 86%.

C

Chief00

Yeah, well...

Vital 68.8%
Jackson 66.7%
Purvis 66.7%
Adams 62.1%
Facey 61.5%
Brimah 50.0%
Enoch 44.4%
Durham n/a

There are no Napiers in that group. And JA is the guy we'd expect to go to the line most often.

fwiw, Gilbert was 70% and Larrier 61.5%.

Never seen a UConn team with so many poor foul shooters. Dre FT shooting would have not even been noticed in this group. LOL
Seriously, it tells me two things - we don't have an assistant coach who is really working effectively with guys on this - and guys are not putting the time in. Again our goal is to win, too often the casual fan is bragging about perfect NCAA APRs - I rather be bragging about perfect FT shooting.

Reaction Score
I was surprised to see they were #1 last year. Purvis, Brimah, DHam didn't exactly elicit comforting thoughts when they stepped to the line.

I seem to remember the beginning of the year being a real struggle and a lot of guys picking up steam as the year went on. It also helped they had Gibbs. As inefficient he was at getting to the line, he shot 86%.

Brimah shot 82% from the line last year.

Reaction Score

DHam was money from the line last year, he was one of the best in the country at 86%. Brimah was in the 80's as well. Only Rodney on that list made me nervous.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Vital, Jackson, and Adams all should improve by progression to the mean alone, which will help the offense a bit.

This isn't a good FT shooting team but I don't believe they're that bad.

The angle of Brimah's shots this year has just completely changed. Idk what the heck is going on there. Beyond weird. I know he's stronger but he's also playing basketball and shooting free throws every day, so it shouldn't make his percentage drop by 30%.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Kia Nurse came into tonight's game vs ND hitting 92.3% from the stripe (22-24). Maybe she can work with the guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom