FSU Game Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

FSU Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Great Win by the Team. All look lost when Gabby picked up three quick fouls in 5 minutes.

I have Collier as my POG because of the last block. Otherwise I give it to Saniya Chong with ther 16 second half points.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Messy and some crazy sh$&t toward the end but a lot of grit for this young and inexperienced squad.

Kudos to our guys for showing the moxie to get the W. And a great test for them to keep getting better.

I'm already wrong , having predicted 0-2 ! Bring on the Lady Bears !

Which improves our chances on the "no consecutive losses since 1993" streak. 0-2 to start the season would have ended it right there.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I think I am going to buy stock in Grecian Formula and Clairol Hair Dye, because this is going to be an interesting year.

Reaction Score
Holycow! I thought we loss the way you guys talked.
Glad to get the win (whew!). Not sure it would have come out that way if the Olympic silver medalist point guard had been playing for FSU tonight.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
That's for sure. Given the fact we aren't shooting well, we've shown a lot of guts here. Experience and time will take care of the rest.

UConn shot 49%.

FSU shot 36%.

TO's and rebounds were the main issue.

Reaction Score
Chong and Collier for badass awards tonight?
I have to say Chong really showed me something tonight. She made a couple of very key plays late in this game and made a difference. Collier was really impressive, particularly in the second half and her block prevented a crazy collapse in the last minute. I do think that the call to give FSU possession was the wrong call and it could have ended ugly.

Reaction Score
The good news: with Pheesa's star rising, IF Gabby and Lou play up to their potential, they've got a possible triangle offense available (something Geno played way back when).

Other good things: both Saniya and Crystal played well. Natalie had her moments. Kia can't disappear....

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
How many close games have these girls played in a UConn uniform? Against a ranked team? On the road?

The expectations of UConn fans can be ridiculous.

I'm not referring to this particular team. The last four tight games UConn has been in have been a clusterf&*! late. Stanford, ND, ND, and now FSU.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
They scored 78 points with virtually nothing from Nurse, Williams and not smart play by Samuelson. Also, they outscored FS in the lane. If Williams, Nurse, and Samuelson start playing to their potential and Chong and Collier continue their good play Uconn will average 80 points or more. They also must get better at the free throw line. It will take time. If Chong had had the kind of game Nurse had she probably would not see the floor in a meaning game for a long time.

Reaction Score
That was a good game (in that it was contested)...I was watching (am a FSU grad) and pulling for the daughter of long. long time friends. She plays point guard at FSU.

The UConn women, young as they are, are formidable...should go far, if they don't win number 5 in a row as I suspect.

Reaction Score
I did think that KLS showed herself in a positive way after getting in serious foul trouble. She stayed out there and made a few key shots even though it may have not been her best game. I was terribly disappointed in Kia Nurse because she didn't show much of anything offensively and made a serious bone headed play to foul beyond the three point line to potentially allow FSU to tie the game in the waning seconds of the game. I don't think she showed much of anything tonight and for her to get some possible AA consideration prior to the start of this season doesn't jive with reality.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Ladies and gentlemen, expect this kind of game throughout the season, so bring your defibrillator. I will state again, this is a hard nosed, gritty team that has a chip on its shoulder and a target on its back. They are physical and tough minded with a never give up attitude. In order to win they have to play smart and precise, and they must stay out of foul trouble. Make no mistake, win or lose every team they play will know they've earned what they get. Each game will see a different star, but each game they'll look more and more like a Geno team.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I have to say Chong really showed me something tonight. She made a couple of very key plays late in this game and made a difference. Collier was really impressive, particularly in the second half and her block prevented a crazy collapse in the last minute. I do think that the call to give FSU possession was the wrong call and it could have ended ugly.

Chong played like it was now or never . . . . . . .

Which it is !

Reaction Score
Gonna be an interesting year!

1. Like the close games, more interesting.

2. Loved Collier and Chong

3. Did not love the defense or Nurse

4. It does seem that when we play a really tight game, the final minutes range from bad luck to disaster. Gotta fix that.

Can't ask for a better result for this new team. Got pushed hard, had to step up and show toughness, and got a win on the road against a ranked opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom