Frontier sucks | The Boneyard

Frontier sucks

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
ATT U-Verse was excellent, but I feel like my cable, Internet and Telephone have been taken over by a high school AV department.

I basically can't watch any Showtime shows because there is no On-Demand and Frontier has not registered yet with Showtime Anytime. Same goes for WatchESPN.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
100% agree. AT&T was nearly perfect. 1) pissed that they abanded the state 2) pisssed that a bush league company was approved to buy them out.

How about espn3? Was told this was available and frontier is an option on dropdown but the website does not give me the ability to click "continue " to register. Anybody have luck?

I was told that they were adding apps including their own app with DVR control by end of next month but not holding my breath. They have operations in 3 other states and they don't have watch espn or showtime anytime yet either. Was told though that the frontier app would let you watch showtime shows but I can imagine that will be limited like VOD.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I was promised 2 weeks for WatchESPN and Showtime Anytime when I spoke with them yesterday, but it took me 3 calls and 2 online chat sessions over the last week to get to someone who would say that, and she was probably just trying to get rid of me.

Reaction Score
100% agree. AT&T was nearly perfect. 1) pissed that they abanded the state 2) pisssed that a bush league company was approved to buy them out.

How about espn3? Was told this was available and frontier is an option on dropdown but the website does not give me the ability to click "continue " to register. Anybody have luck?

I was told that they were adding apps including their own app with DVR control by end of next month but not holding my breath. They have operations in 3 other states and they don't have watch espn or showtime anytime yet either. Was told though that the frontier app would let you watch showtime shows but I can imagine that will be limited like VOD.

my facebook feed is log-jammed with people motherf *cking Frontier. I'm a Cox customer, and while I could complain about them, I'm thanking my lucky stars right now.

Reaction Score
I just got Frontier also. Not impressed at all . Keeping u-verse for my computer, hopefully. I really don't know what the heck is going on with Frontier as for pricing, etc. Still have Comcast for TV, I think. Confusing.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
My alternative is Cox, which is about 30% more than I currently pay, so i am trying to be patient with Frontier.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I switched to UVerse this time last year and was so happy with cable, phone and internet.

Frontier isn't half as good or reliable. Stupid things like caller ID on TV and On Demand choices have simply gone away.

Just got my first bill, right on time though! Even their bills look amateurish. I can't get Fios in FFld Cty and sure as not going back to Comcast. Sort of hoping Frontier figures it out soon.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
But that buffalo tho...

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Still no ShowtimeAnytime or AMCTV on Frontier. They also only have the first 3 episodes of Mad Men OnDemand, which makes their Ondemand pretty much useless. The only thing stupider than stopping at 3 episodes of Mad Men was when they only carried the even numbered Homeland episodes for the first 4 weeks after Frontier took over from UVerse.

I DVR'd the 5th episode of Mad Men, hoping that AMC would re-play the 4th episode. Unfortunately, the next broadcast of Episode 711 isn't until 5/17, so I am SOOL.

Reaction Score
For the first time in my life, I went over my phone data usage allowance this month. It's because my stupid Frontier WiFi is CONSTANTLY out or spotty. I reboot it from the main router at least 4-5 times a week. Never rebooted it once with U-Verse.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Still no ShowtimeAnytime or AMCTV on Frontier. They also only have the first 3 episodes of Mad Men OnDemand, which makes their Ondemand pretty much useless. The only thing stupider than stopping at 3 episodes of Mad Men was when they only carried the even numbered Homeland episodes for the first 4 weeks after Frontier took over from UVerse.

I DVR'd the 5th episode of Mad Men, hoping that AMC would re-play the 4th episode. Unfortunately, the next broadcast of Episode 711 isn't until 5/17, so I am SOOL.
Frontier finally has showtime anytime. I noticed it last week - on Apple TV and iPhone/iPad.

Maybe try to update to latest version of the app.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Frontier finally has showtime anytime. I noticed it last week - on Apple TV and iPhone/iPad.

Maybe try to update to latest version of the app.

I hadn't checked in a few weeks, so that is good news. Frontier sucks just a little bit less now.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Customer service is a pain in the rear, took me several calls to get something straightened out... but I'm willing to deal with that rather than give Comcast a bunch of money which they take and then spend on lobbyists (even if their TimeWarner takeover won't get approved - it's not from a lack of trying).

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Dish has been the best TV service I've had... But that meant DSL Internet. Blah. Since moving last year I've had Comcast for TV/Internet and... They've been good? I'm as shocked as anyone. They even detected a weak signal on one of my X1 boxes and sent a tech out on a Sunday morning to install a signal amp for the whole house. For free. Shocking, I know.

Good luck with Frontier, my friend has had nothing but similar trouble.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Still no AMCTV, and only Episode 3 of this season's Halt and Catch Fire is available on demand. I could have DVR'd H&CF, but I expected that by now Frontier would learn not to skip episodes in the ondemand library. Nope. And there is no excuse for not having AMCTV registered by this point.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I got my bill a few weeks ago and was charged 3 times for the Mayweather dance contest.

Reaction Score
My alternative is Cox, which is about 30% more than I currently pay, so i am trying to be patient with Frontier.
Well I guess it's you get what you pay for. I can get Fios or Cox. Both about the same $$..expensive. Ever think about just streaming everything? It seems the young techies do this...me? Too old with little tech savvy to figure all that computer stuff out. I remember when we had no remotes and got VHF Channels 3 & 8 and UHF channels 20 and 30 along with a pay TV channel if you got a box? I may be wrong about this a bit...1964 was a long time ago!

Reaction Score
For the first time in my life, I went over my phone data usage allowance this month. It's because my stupid Frontier WiFi is CONSTANTLY out or spotty. I reboot it from the main router at least 4-5 times a week. Never rebooted it once with U-Verse.

Update: Frontier came out because after checking my account, my WiFi went out 40 times over a 7 day period. They replaced all my old UVerse indoor and outdoor equipment and it's worked great since then. I think it was the old hardware.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Update: Frontier came out because after checking my account, my WiFi went out 40 times over a 7 day period. They replaced all my old UVerse indoor and outdoor equipment and it's worked great since then. I think it was the old hardware.

The WiFi has been much better since changing the router a month ago. Routers have a shelf life of about 2 years before they need to be replaced. It is the TV service that pisses me off to no end.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom