From Blauds: Michigan closing in on Manuel as AD | The Boneyard

From Blauds: Michigan closing in on Manuel as AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm sorry but we can not hire someone named Boo as our AD. :rolleyes:

While it is way to early in the process to seriously speculate about possible candidates for that job, it would be wise to keep an eye on Army athletic director Boo Corrigan as a person UConn would be interested in contacting.

Reaction Score
I really hope Boo Corrigan is not the replacement like suggested by Blauds. Not that I know anything about Boo Corrigon, but I just always envisioned UConn making someone with a Wikipedia page the new AD.

Anyone know anything about him other than he's AD at Army? Would this really be a name to watch??

EDIT: Just realized the Corrigan connection.

Reaction Score
If true, this couldn't come at a worse time for UConn in terms of CR. I'm almost (ALMOST) laughing at the potential kick in the sack that this would result in.
Maybe this will be the CR kick in the nuts Dooley. I have faith that if this is true...and Warde is indeed the front runner/takes the job at UM....that Susan Herbst will make a good/competent replacement. As for CR...this will get done by Herbst from here on out...Warde did what he had to do to put us in position to get back into the conversation.

Reaction Score
I really hope Boo Corrigan is not the replacement like suggested by Blauds. Not that I know anything about Boo Corrigon, but I just always envisioned UConn making someone with a Wikipedia page the new AD.

Anyone know anything about him other than he's AD at Army? Would this really be a name to watch??

EDIT: Just realized the Corrigan connection.

Is he related to ex-ND AD and ACC commissioner Gene Corrigan?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm sorry but we can not hire someone named Boo as our AD. :rolleyes:

While it is way to early in the process to seriously speculate about possible candidates for that job, it would be wise to keep an eye on Army athletic director Boo Corrigan as a person UConn would be interested in contacting.
Unless his last name Willingham, then it would be fine.

(Quid pro quo for Brown?)

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
It's not the fact that he could leave or lack of faith in President Herbst to replace him, it's the fahqing potential timing of it. It will take months to hire a search committee (you know that's coming) to find a replacement. More months to get him acclimated to UConn. And more months to establish connections within the B12/B1G/ACC. By then, the B12 could have extended invites to Cinci and some other community college down south. And we will sit another 10 years for the next chance at CR waiting and hoping that the next time an opportunity opens up like this, that everyone stays put.

It's sack kicking time.

Reaction Score
It's not the fact that he could leave or lack of faith in President Herbst to replace him, it's the fahqing potential timing of it. It will take months to hire a search committee (you know that's coming) to find a replacement. More months to get him acclimated to UConn. And more months to establish connections within the B12/B1G/ACC. By then, the B12 could have extended invites to Cinci and some other community college down south. And we will sit another 10 years for the next chance at CR waiting and hoping that the next time an opportunity opens up like this, that everyone stays put.

It's sack kicking time.

1) I think Herbst has been running the realignment relationships.

2) I think Herbst (and everyone else in the US) has known that Warde would take the Michigan job, and has been a front runner for months. Therefore, I'm sure Herbst has minimized his impact on realignment issues. Maybe hiring Tranghese was part of this.

3) If your fears are correct, how about we hire the AD from Cincy. Give him a staff made up of the ADs from BYU, Houston, Memphis, UCF and USF (I think that covers everyone). Problem solved!

Reaction Score

It's sack kicking time.
This thing is past AD level now Dooley. This is at the Presidential level...in Herbst's hands. Warde did what he was supposed to do...get the athletic department on the right track after 8 years of inept leadership by Hathaway.

Reaction Score

It's sack kicking time.

I know that AD's like Tom Jurich like to pound their chest and take credit for everything that happens in Conference Realignment, but I truly think their roles have been overstated.

University Presidents have just as big of a role in this process as the AD's as they control the overall direction of a school, which reflects on it's financial stability and ability for future growth.

It's never good to lose your AD at a time like this, but I don't think its a death knell for our P5 chances.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Again, my worry is about the timing (potentially). I understand CR is at the President's level. I understand that our metrics are what they are no matter who is our AD. I'm just concerned that with the B12 meeting on 2/4 and on the fence about expansion, it seems like a bad time to have to re-establish relationships. That is all I'm saying.

But I am a worrywart and we've been down this sack kicking road way too many times. I want us to be at full strength and full operational power at all times...especially at times when one of the power conferences is finally sending out smoke signals that they may expand.

Reaction Score
Again, my worry is about the timing (potentially). I understand CR is at the President's level. I understand that our metrics are what they are no matter who is our AD. I'm just concerned that with the B12 meeting on 2/4 and on the fence about expansion, it seems like a bad time to have to re-establish relationships. That is all I'm saying.

But I am a worrywart and we've been down this sack kicking road way too many times. I want us to be at full strength and full operational power at all times...especially at times when one of the power conferences is finally sending out smoke signals that they may expand.

You keep saying this thing about re-establishing relationships, but Herbst already has those relationships. Nothing needs to be re-established.

Reaction Score
If true, this couldn't come at a worse time for UConn in terms of CR. I'm almost (ALMOST) laughing at the potential kick in the sack that this would result in.
Ehh if they want us they want us.

If we don't get an invite it won't be because of this.

Reaction Score
If Tim Pernetti can deliver that hot pile of garbage in New Jersey to the B1G, he could work here too.

At least Tim already has the relationships within the B1G. If Warde does bolt for Michigan, that's another guy who could bat for us for B1G.

I hope Susan has a short list ready to go. The timing is just horrible right now with this CR mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom