Francesca calls the Uconn situation...... | The Boneyard

Francesca calls the Uconn situation......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
a "CATASTROPHE" !!! Just heard it on WFAN!

Sadly... I couldn't agree more!

Also said jokingly that we may need to resurrect the Yankee Conference.... Nice to see we're the source of the sports worlds humor!!

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
a "CATASTROPHE" !!! Just heard it on WFAN!

Sadly... I couldn't agree more!

Also said jokingly that we may need to resurrect the Yankee Conference.... Nice to see we're the source of the sports worlds humor!!
He also told a caller that academics were a big reason we got snubbed.....by Louisville (???), and praised the tremendous job that Syracuse and Boeheim do and that UCONN DID.... Jeez, I was waiting to hear taps being played in the background when he said that. He is always predicting UCONN's demise and he was downright giddy today. He also told a caller that we have an up and coming football program. Clearly, he doesn't have SNY and hasn't watched the team in the past two years....

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
St. Johns now has a shot at relevence. He's giddy...and clearly not doing his homework like he used to do before flapping his lips.

Reaction Score
Francesa loves us, he's not constantly predicting our demise. In fact, he's one of Calhoun's biggest supporters.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Mike's show can tell you exactly who matters in NYC in college football. Notre Dame is 1. They are also 2, 3 and 4. A really good Penn State team is fifth. Otherwise Notre Dame is fifth and also sixth through tenth.

Reaction Score
Mike's show can tell you exactly who matters in NYC in college football. Notre Dame is 1. They are also 2, 3 and 4. A really good Penn State team is fifth. Otherwise Notre Dame is fifth and also sixth through tenth.
it's funny, they've been advertising on wfan all week that they're broadcasting the Bama-UGA game, and every promo starts with "Find out who Notre Dame will play in the BCS championship!"

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
it's funny, they've been advertising on wfan all week that they're broadcasting the Bama-UGA game, and every promo starts with "Find out who Notre Dame will play in the BCS championship!"

They had the ND broadcasts forever. Things were really bad for ND when WFAN allowed the Irish to move to 1050.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I don't get why people say that Francesa likes UCONN. I listen to the show all the time and he's always predicting gloom and doom. We don't need this kind of support.......This kind of talk in the NY market doesn't help recruiting or our image. Just because he sucks up to JC occasionally when he interviews him does not make him a supporter of UCONN....

Reaction Score
Francesa is the last guy I'd listen to for college sports commentary.

Or any sports commentary to be perfectly frank. He pissed on UConn back in '89-'90 when the Dream Season was unfolding. UConn wasn't his idea of big time. Of course Fat Boy also has "Donelaps Disease" - you know where his belly done lap over his belt. So obvious aside from not having been able to see his feet for years, he also missed three national championships.

Reaction Score
I have always been unclear as to why anyone listens to MF. If he doesn't know something he'll make it up, something not unusual in the sports talk business. He knows little about college sports and unless you're somehow locked into NY's somewhat boring pro sports scene, why go there? Everything in NY is always "great" or "it sucks." There is never any in-between and most analysis is ludicrously vapid.

Reaction Score
He's the same guy who said college football season "really doesn't start until November" so I'd take his analysis with a grain of salt.

Reaction Score
We should be thankful Francessa woke up long enough to comment on UConn. He normally naps during his show.

Reaction Score
We should be thankful Francessa woke up long enough to comment on UConn. He normally naps during his show.
Ken, welcome to The Boneyard. Just so you are aware, we have some pretty passionate Hartford Whaler fans on the board. The fact that we just got kicked in the nutz by the ACC has rehashed some painful old memories about when the Whale left town in April of 1997. That being said, its probably not the best choice in Avatars at this point in time. Just sayin.......

Reaction Score
google 'Al Albuquerque' and 'Francesa' and that will tell you all you need to know about his 'knowledge'

actually in the 1990s he was pretty well informed about college sports. Now just a sad parody of himself

Reaction Score
google 'Al Albuquerque' and 'Francesa' and that will tell you all you need to know about his 'knowledge'

actually in the 1990s he was pretty well informed about college sports. Now just a sad parody of himself

This. When he first broke on the air, he did a weekend show that did college sports better than anyone. But that was a long, long, long time ago.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the warning DS, but some background.... I was a Whaler season ticket holder from the early 1980s to 1995. (section 112 row X for most of the years). I did my part to keep them in CT. I grew up in CT, went to UConn in the 1970s. I relocated to the Raleigh/Durham area in 1998 for a career opportunity and to get away from the horrendous taxes.

Reaction Score

The one thing about Francesca......when he digs himself into a hole, he keeps digging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom