FOX NIT is Official | Page 2 | The Boneyard

FOX NIT is Official

Reaction Score
I’m fine with it.

First, it probably means the Big East is not going to cut adrift by Fox.

Second, 20 schools opted out of the NIT and the final is at Hinkle Fieldhouse; the tournament is dying. Guarantee this thing will be better than the average NIT Tourney.
And the guy this screws over is the retiring Butler AD who was more concerned about hosting the NIT than representing his conference on the Selection Committee. The thought that Val Ackerman has stuck us with him for 2 more post retirement years on that committee is crazy.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Not a fan. In a perfect world, the NCAA tournament would go back to 64, the conference alignments would go back to those of the late 80s and there would be no other postseason tournaments but that is not going to happen.

Reaction Score
It is the leagues carried by Fox. If the NEWBIE doesn’t do a deal with Fox it will be out. Big whoops. They don’t get to participate in the Loser Bracket. Based on the recent reaction to the NIT I’m betting half the teams won’t want to participate. But I guess if you are St Johns or Providence, losing to some crappy Big 10 team is less embarrassing than losing to a mid-major. At least you can pretend you beat somebody.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Great news for Providence fans to know they’ll finally be guaranteed a post-season birth every year
Kinda GIF

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It is the leagues carried by Fox. If the NEWBIE doesn’t do a deal with Fox it will be out. Big whoops. They don’t get to participate in the Loser Bracket. Based on the recent reaction to the NIT I’m betting half the teams won’t want to participate. But I guess if you are St Johns or Providence, losing to some crappy Big 10 team is less embarrassing than losing to a mid-major. At least you can pretend you beat somebody.
Fetch Mean Girls GIF by Paramount Movies

Reaction Score
This will dilute one mostly-unwatchable tournament into two completely unwatchable tournaments. Cool.
The only reason why I don't mind this is if this happens.

The actual NIT: more mid-majors
The Fox NIT: just the crappy high-majors

Will there will be a Non-Fox NIT?

Reaction Score
The only reason why I don't mind this is if this happens.

The actual NIT: more mid-majors
The Fox NIT: just the crappy high-majors

Will there will be a Non-Fox NIT?
There was a time when teams picked between NIT and NCAA tournaments..and the Nit was the more regarded.

Reaction Score
So you're going to have mediocre power school teams that didn't make the NCAA Tourney waiting around for 2 weeks after being eliminated from their conference tourneys, then playing in a meaningless week-long tourney in Vegas during Final Four week when the country has already been watching 2 weekends of March Madness?

This is as brilliant as the NBA In-Season Tournament....played in November right in the middle of football season.

If this succeeds in any way I'll be shocked. :confused:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom