Four years later... | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Four years later...

Reaction Score
Whether sounding disrespectful or not...I believe absolutely what I posted....the past is receding...UConn must make the best of the current reality....and become a force in the conference.

My analogies may anger, but I believe that they are not inaccurate. Angst about what might have been if this, or if that ...would dissipate with strong teams, conference championships and a Final Fours.

You know, my childhood neighborhood is tattood on my heart...I know every house, every path...visiting it 60 years later with all of the changes was almost disorienting....it was and was not my neighborhood...it was like looking out at the real world while that other past world from an alternate dimension gleamed through.

That sense of disorientation is sort of like, I think, what a die hard fan feels when their very successful franchise seems to feel like a different neighborhood. It certainly feels that way for me re my alma mater's football program.

But winning and success will sure as hell make the neighborhood feel familiar.
“With apologies to Thomas Wolfe”

Reaction Score
The reality is UConn’s wounds are pretty much self inflicted okay they compounded a flesh wound inflicted by CR
1. Football
If UConn had competing annually for the AAC championship instead of making truly stupid hires they would be a NY area darling as the vacuum in that area begs for a champion. An AAC power in the Northeast raises the profile of that conference by exponential proportions and ESPN would have already renegotiated a contract maybe not to P5 standards but something in the $10mm range annually per team.
2. Basketball
The conference had a fairly strong base of traditnal basketball teams
UConn, Temple, Cinn, Memphis and even Houston is not a bad start especially with SMU coming on.
The addition of two BB onlies
like WSU, and Dayton in lieu of ECU
and you have yourself a darn good BB conference.

Reaction Score
Strumming a little bit of Stephen Stills this morning...having trouble hitting the B minor bar chord. I am a guitar novice but having fun learning. The lyrics jumped out at me since they fit my thoughts about the AAC and UConn.

Also drinking my morning coffee...so I can post stupid things faster, with more energy.
Don't be angry - don't be sad
Don't sit crying over good times you've had
There's a girl right next to you
And she's just waiting for something to do
Well there's a rose in a fisted glove
And the eagle flies with the dove
And if you can't be with the one you love honey
Love the one you're with
Love the one you're with

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I was commuting this morning (from the kitchen to the basement where I work) and also had some lyrics jump out at me. A little Talking Heads. I'm having trouble fitting into my over sized white suit.

I don't drink coffee so I took some speed so I can post these lyrics faster as well.

Well we know where we're going
But we don't know where we've been
And we know what we're knowing
But we can't say what we've seen

And we're not little children
And we know what we want
And the future is certain
Give us time to work it out

Yeah

We're on a road to nowhere
Come on inside

Reaction Score
I must of fat fingered my phone to accidentally end up in my old neighborhood the CR board
Good to see it’s as crazy as ever.
I’m off to save men’s basketball
Goodbye for now.

Reaction Score
Strumming a little bit of Stephen Stills this morning...having trouble hitting the B minor bar chord. I am a guitar novice but having fun learning. The lyrics jumped out at me since they fit my thoughts about the AAC and UConn.

Also drinking my morning coffee...so I can post stupid things faster, with more energy.
Don't be angry - don't be sad
Don't sit crying over good times you've had
There's a girl right next to you
And she's just waiting for something to do
Well there's a rose in a fisted glove
And the eagle flies with the dove
And if you can't be with the one you love honey
Love the one you're with
Love the one you're with

Are you sure that it's coffee you're drinking this morning? :confused:

Online statistics

Members online