For what it's worth.... from AAC message board | Page 2 | The Boneyard

For what it's worth.... from AAC message board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hmmm. I would have to think UCONN would be one of the schools being considered. We give WV an eastern partner. Assuming it is us, I wonder who the other team is if it is not cinch. I thought there were Sunday scheduling issues with byu.

I'm not sure how a school 8 or 9 hours from Morgantown provides much of an eastern partner. That doesn't help WVU's travel issues much and it is a bit far to provide a convenient pairing for the league's non-revenue teams to play Fri/Sat or Fri/Sun games against two opponents on a single eastern trip. It could be done, but imagine the thrill of a Lubbock - Pittsburgh airport - Morgantown - Storrs - Bradley - Lubbock trip with a probable stop-over at DFW each way.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how a school 8 or 9 hours from Morgantown provides much of an eastern partner. That doesn't help WVU's travel issues much and it is a bit far to provide a convenient pairing for the league's non-revenue teams to play Fri/Sat or Fri/Sun games against two opponents on a single eastern trip. It could be done, but imagine the thrill of a Lubbock - Pittsburgh airport - Morgantown - Storrs - Bradley - Lubbock trip with a probable stop-over at DFW each way.

There is no good partner for West Virginia. Cincy is 5 hours away as well.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If ECU is tabbed to a power conference before us, I will never click the "Conference Realignment Board" link ever again.

Reaction Score
If ECU is tabbed to a power conference before us, I will never click the "Conference Realignment Board" link ever again.
Someone pin this one to the top please. Gonna have to start calling bluffs around here!;)

Reaction Score
There is no good partner for West Virginia. Cincy is 5 hours away as well.

Marshall. West Virginia passed a law that requires WVU to play Marshall yearly. Maybe a law requiring Marshall to be in the same conference as WVU will be Marshall's Big 12 ticket and WVU's travel partner.

In all seriousness, Pitt and maybe Maryland are really the only travel partners that live close enough to help WVU. Any travel by plane requires an 80 mile, hour and a half trip to Pittsburgh airport. I know other schools have long trips t airports as well, but I have heard more complaints about getting to WVU than just about anywhere.

I do think WVU would be helped if the Big 12 was to add 4 or 6 eastern teams, but it's slim pickings to find a 4th team, let alone finding 6.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I've been to Morgantown - it's not that hard to get to.

Go to Pitt, drive from there. It's not bad.

I suspect it would be easy for the Big 12 to get to 14 - all they would have to do is give DeLoss Dodds a Rohypnol and quickly sneak UConn, Cincy, USF and UCF in the front door.

Reaction Score
I've been to Morgantown - it's not that hard to get to.

Go to Pitt, drive from there. It's not bad.

I suspect it would be easy for the Big 12 to get to 14 - all they would have to do is give DeLoss Dodds a Rohypnol and quickly sneak UConn, Cincy, USF and UCF in the front door.

The AAC has a lot easier travel than many of these conferences. Clemson, Wake Forest, Virginia and Virginia Tech are in W. Virginia's category. Storrs is as far from Bradley as Ann Arbor is from Detroit. I have no clue what it takes to get to Purdue, but I imagine it's a pain. For Illinois, you MUST fly into the local airport since it's nowhere near anything else. Lansing is no picnic either. It's an hour drive. Then you look at the Big12. Lubbock, Manhattan KS, Stillwater (over an hour away from both Tulsa and OKC), Ames IA...

W Virginia requires 1 1/2 hours drive, but many of these schools are not much better, some of them are worse.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Wait. The AAC has a message board?

Personally, I'd be more interested in reading cooking recipes from Fat Bastard than read the daily drones from the fans of SMU, Tulane, Memphis, et al. I read this CR Board because I'm unhappy and I'm unhappy because I read this CR board. That's enough.

Reaction Score
The AAC has a lot easier travel than many of these conferences. Clemson, Wake Forest, Virginia and Virginia Tech are in W. Virginia's category. Storrs is as far from Bradley as Ann Arbor is from Detroit. I have no clue what it takes to get to Purdue, but I imagine it's a pain. For Illinois, you MUST fly into the local airport since it's nowhere near anything else. Lansing is no picnic either. It's an hour drive. Then you look at the Big12. Lubbock, Manhattan KS, Stillwater (over an hour away from both Tulsa and OKC), Ames IA...

W Virginia requires 1 1/2 hours drive, but many of these schools are not much better, some of them are worse.

Yeah, but most of those other States have roads.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Personally, I'd be more interested in reading cooking recipes from Fat Bastard than read the daily drones from the fans of SMU, Tulane, Memphis, et al. I read this CR Board because I'm unhappy and I'm unhappy because I read this CR board. That's enough.
Not only does it have "insight" from those fans, it has Cuse, UL and Pitt fans constantly dogging UConn for failing to make it into the ACC. It's only of interest now to see how much certain denizens of the Cuse board talk shat about UConn when they aren't over here pretending to care about our future.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
I have accepted the near future in the AAC (sorry Mike A. not going to call it the AMerican) as we prepare ourselves for a final push into whatever league we will be in. Expansion will happen and Uconn is on the top of the list with Cincy, BYU, and maybe USF. As crazy as Big 12 sounds, it is not different then in the league we are in currently in terms of mileage. If its there and they want us we take it. No questions and no waiting by phonee for Swofford or Delaney.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I have accepted the near future in the AAC (sorry Mike A. not going to call it the AMerican) as we prepare ourselves for a final push into whatever league we will be in. Expansion will happen and Uconn is on the top of the list with Cincy, BYU, and maybe USF. As crazy as Big 12 sounds, it is not different then in the league we are in currently in terms of mileage. If its there and they want us we take it. No questions and no waiting by phonee for Swofford or Delaney.
I agree. It is far from optimal, but not anywhere near as bad as our current situation.

Reaction Score
Not only does it have "insight" from those fans, it has Cuse, UL and Pitt fans constantly dogging UConn for failing to make it into the ACC. It's only of interest now to see how much certain denizens of the Cuse board talk shat about UConn when they aren't over here pretending to care about our future.

Enough to have a septic cleaning.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but most of those other States have roads.

The best way to get to VT, unfortunately, is through WV. In fact, you go through WV to get to Carolina as well from Pitt, WNY, all points west.

Reaction Score
Any combo of Tulane, Memphis, Temple, ECU, UNM, or NIU would sicken me.

Give me two out of BYU, UConn, UC, USF, or UCF before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom