For those obsessed with the star ratings | The Boneyard

For those obsessed with the star ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Have you been watching the Mens basketball team this year. They are loaded with the highest rated kids and a Hall of Fame coach, and they just can't get it together this year.
A team needs a clear leader. Last year, Kemba showed them the way.

In football, we did not have that leader on the field, or at least I didn't see one on the offense. J Mac was a nice guy and I'm sure the whole team really liked him, as do most of the fans, but I.m not sure the team was confident he could get it done with the talent that was available.

It only takes 1 or 2 guys to show the way. If we can get a QB to step up and be a leader this year, and one of the receivers really shines, it makes it all that much easier for the rest of the guys.

Western Michigan showed us that a good, confident QB and a receiver that makes things happen can will a team to victory.

On paper, it looks like we might be able to do that this year, time will tell.

When you watch a football game, sometimes it is very clear that 1 team has much better athletes than the other team, but sometimes it is also very clear that 1 team has a leader that the rest of the team rallys around and they just have that "IT" thing going on.

We did not have "IT" last year. Will we have "IT" this year?
I bought my 6 season tickets the other day and I'm ready to see "IT" this year.

Forget about th estar ratings on these guys, let's see if the know how to play football as a team.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I interpreted your last 3 paragraphs to say: We need Tim Tebow.

Reaction Score
That "one guy" is a rarity in football. We saw "IT" when Cam Newton carried Auburn to the national championship a year ago. It's much more common for that "one guy" (for example, Kemba) to carry his team in hoops. We don't need that "one guy" per se, but we do need vast improvement from the QB and WR positions. I'm fairly confident that we may have more talent at WR and am cautiously optimistic about Chandler Whitmer. But neither are close to being a given.

Reaction Score
Football is not basketball, and no matter what the stars, a hot shooter can change any game. The lack of an experienced superstar point guard can cripple even a good team. No leader at point guard, cold shooting and young team = inconsistency. Stars aren't everything, but given equal facilities and coaching I'll take a few extra twinklers because FB requires the kind of depth that BB doesn't.

"JMac was a nice guy" ? Did I miss something?

Reaction Score
Football is not basketball, and no matter what the stars, a hot shooter can change any game. The lack of an experienced superstar point guard can cripple even a good team. No leader at point guard, cold shooting and young team = inconsistency. Stars aren't everything, but given equal facilities and coaching I'll take a few extra twinklers because FB requires the kind of depth that BB doesn't.

"JMac was a nice guy" ? Did I miss something?

No, you didn't miss anything. What I ment was he is a nice guy, and I hope he is not starting this year. And I know football is not basketball, but a hot quarterback can change a game too.

Reaction Score
No, you didn't miss anything. What I ment was he is a nice guy, and I hope he is not starting this year. And I know football is not basketball, but a hot quarterback can change a game too.

not if the recievers can't catch.....or the linemen can't block

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69