For the first time in quite a while... | The Boneyard

For the first time in quite a while...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I didn't leave a loss thinking we were a "less than" program. Yes, we lost. Yes, we lost to Syracuse. I'm angry about both those things, but this was not the Navy game where we shot ourselves in the foot like a "less than" program can be counted on to do.

It's not the bowl game losing to a program the likes of Marshall for whom any win against a national program is considered an event.

It's not the Missouri game where the coaching staff thought, well to this day I have no idea what they thought.

It's not losing to an 0-11 SMU team at home, in the cold.

It's not losing to Towson or Buffalo, nor barely holding on against Stony Brook.

This was just a run of the mill loss against a team that beat us when it counted. From the quick start, to the pick six. From a defensive goal line stand against a UConn team that had been beating them on short yardage all day to connecting on a long pass when backed up to their own goal line. We got beat when it counted. It happens to all programs, even the Alabamas.

Does that mean I like seeing our best player get smoked for a good portion of the game, no. Do I think the staff should have given him some help on key downs, yes. Do I think the three straight runs followed by the obvious sweep on 4th down had a chance to work, no. 8 yds is a lot to gain on the ground at the goal line.

Did I like the pick six, no but the ball was tipped.

I did like the way the D shut down the opponent for 55 minutes of the 60 minutes. I did like the use of the TE's. I even liked the wacky Bob fake as it fooled everyone. I like the trap running plays, they worked. I liked the use of the quick snaps on 4th and inches, as if they had actually been practicing it because it looked like they did.

There is still a lot of work to do, our WR's were running free most of the day. We have to hit them. When Shirreffs stood in and threw things worked. When he had or chose to pull it down and scramble, they didn't. Let's figure our some way to allow him to stand in. If it takes adding 30lb weights to his shoes, do it.

But these are things every program does. For the first time in a long time, I think there was an FBS football team on the field in all three phases.

Losing to BC, however, is still unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom