Football Season Ticket Holder Exclusive Benefit | The Boneyard

Football Season Ticket Holder Exclusive Benefit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Received via email.. they continue to try new things.
plug.png

More info here: UCONNHUSKIES.COM :: University of Connecticut Huskies Official Athletic Site :: Football

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Honestly they should do away with seat rights and start lowering prices. Get people into the rent. I will continue to pay seat rights but I don't see them getting new fans in.
The prices for the bluebacks are pretty obscene. Honestly I don't think we'll crack 40k soon because you'll never fill those seats.

Reaction Score
I know the casual fan is not tempted by something like this, but I thought it was a nice gesture and makes sense especially in my section 204 where tons of seats were usually available every game and they usually end up selling some half price the week of the game or sometimes away fans end up buying these. I added one to my four tickets and hope that others will see the benefit. I think the pieces are in place for us to do well this year. I think the suffering is over and football will be fun again this year. We may not fill the RENT again until our schedule/conference is better, but until we prove we are a winning/ attractive product on the field, I'm not sure anyone but us diehards will come out to support the team. If we had a BigTen conference schedule but were a last place team we would still have problems with our fans supporting the team. On the other hand, if we had that type of schedule and were a legitimate threat to win the conference and win every game, there would be standing room only with our fans and the many opposing fans from our area. This year is a chance to take that step forward to being the type of team that plays tough and has a chance to win every game and actually wins the vast majority. Hope springs eternal...

Reaction Score
Honestly they should do away with seat rights and start lowering prices. Get people into the rent. I will continue to pay seat rights but I don't see them getting new fans in.

Why buy the seats when I can buy cheaper seats and basically move wherever I want after the game starts? We haven't had a sellout since Michigan. And I don't feel a ton of guilt about showing up every single game and sitting where I want given how many people don't show up at all.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Why buy the seats when I can buy cheaper seats and basically move wherever I want after the game starts? We haven't had a sellout since Michigan. And I don't feel a ton of guilt about showing up every single game and sitting where I want given how many people don't show up at all.
I feel the same way. But I can see how it'd irk the people who DO pay 500+ dollars for the hard plastic seat.

Reaction Score
They also get irked when we stand up and scream on third down, sorry I crashed your Art Gallery Opening. :oops:
While I agree with the thought that it is a football game and people should not generally get annoyed by cheering,did you really just say you don't pay for the seats, and then have expectations that you need to complain about when the people who do have a different view? Some might say that's awfully presumptuous.

Reaction Score
I pay for season tickets and sit among people who buy tickets from scalpels or just for certain games. We get dirty looks from people when we cheer or do a chant with the crowd. I must admit my son has chase away people sitting in. Front of us as he is very loud. I have chastised people who turn around and give us dirty looks. Tough.

Reaction Score
I pay for season tickets and sit among people who buy tickets from scalpels or just for certain games. We get dirty looks from people when we cheer or do a chant with the crowd. I must admit my son has chase away people sitting in. Front of us as he is very loud. I have chastised people who turn around and give us dirty looks. Tough.

Careful, there are quite a few "anti stand up and cheer" types on this board!
Let me know where you guys sit and I'll move over.... Strength in #'s!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Favorite crowd moment of last year for me was having people paying literally no attention to the game tell me to sit down.

Reaction Score
Favorite crowd moment of last year for me was having people paying literally no attention to the game tell me to sit down.

I feel bad for your team. Those kids bust their azzes and deserve the support. I can't understand buying a ticket and then spending the entire time oblivious to what is going on during the game. Its like going to the movies and spending the whole time watching Youtube Videos on your phone.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

I feel the same way. But I can see how it'd irk the people who DO pay 500+ dollars for the hard plastic seat.

It's not about getting into the game as cheaply as possible. It's about supporting the program if you have the means and desire to do so. At 80k programs, there are some premiums given to the big donors, and seats become a generational thing. There is less of that though, since Lew Perkins figured out that historic donations aren't as important as annual donations.

Still, at these programs there is a certain status to your seat location and there is always someone to fill the seats.

We are still a young program, PP disaster aside, do you realized that the first 18 yr old freshman that attended the first game at the Rent is only 31 years old right now? That alum probably has a 7 year old and is just thinking about buying season tickets to bring his kids in a couple years. We're still about 20 years away from a fully developed fan base, maybe 30.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Are there any season ticket packages available that DO NOT require a seat donation fee?? I haven't had season tickets in over 4 years thanks to my two kids being born but I never paid a seat fee for my season tickets before then. I always thought that seat backs had seat donation fees and more lower level seats did but not all season tickets. I had season tickets all over. Had young alumni tickets the first 2 years the Rent was opened and then had seats in the end zone by the score board for 3-4 years and then went Top of the Rent for my last years. I was just curious as my wife and I were hoping to restart our season tickets in a few years when our girls were a little older. We've gone to at least 1-2 games a year but haven't gone season tickets with our girls yet.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Are there any season ticket packages available that DO NOT require a seat donation fee?? I haven't had season tickets in over 4 years thanks to my two kids being born but I never paid a seat fee for my season tickets before then. I always thought that seat backs had seat donation fees and more lower level seats did but not all season tickets. I had season tickets all over. Had young alumni tickets the first 2 years the Rent was opened and then had seats in the end zone by the score board for 3-4 years and then went Top of the Rent for my last years. I was just curious as my wife and I were hoping to restart our season tickets in a few years when our girls were a little older. We've gone to at least 1-2 games a year but haven't gone season tickets with our girls yet.
Yes, the reserved and top of the rent sections as well as the family section. Family section may be your best bet with the young ones. The chair backs and the couple sections to either side (preferred) require tiered donations.

Reaction Score

Page 24: UConn Athletics 2016-17 Donor Guide

Reaction Score
It's not about getting into the game as cheaply as possible. It's about supporting the program if you have the means and desire to do so. At 80k programs, there are some premiums given to the big donors, and seats become a generational thing. There is less of that though, since Lew Perkins figured out that historic donations aren't as important as annual donations.

I pay for seats, just not those ones. I pay for parking. I pay 8 or 9 bucks for a beer or two. I pay for more UConn merchandise than I'm really comfortable admitting. I think I was one of about 300 people at The Rent when it was pouring rain and we ruined UCF's season when we went 2-11.

I just don't pay for seat donations. If people want to, I get it, support the program. But I don't feel that bad, given the number of truly godawful football games I've actually paid money to attend. If there were 30K people more like me, I don't think our program would even have a real problem.

Reaction Score
I may take advantage of this. I actually ordered chair backs a couple weeks ago because on the mobile site it looked like they had done away with donations (really pretty dumb of me, I know). I called to cancel when I realized I was wrong and surprisingly there wasn't an issue. However if I can can split one donation with 2 or 3 buddies I might be back on board.

I like @Irish Loop buy football season tickets every year and don't feel bad when I sit in chair backs and actually cheer. Seat donatations are not the only way to support the team, you can do it vocally as well.

Reaction Score
They also get irked when we stand up and scream on third down, sorry I crashed your Art Gallery Opening. :oops:
Then the people who sit behind me and the row behind me must be pissed every game. That's a false statement in my section.

Reaction Score
I may take advantage of this. I actually ordered chair backs a couple weeks ago because on the mobile site it looked like they had done away with donations (really pretty dumb of me, I know). I called to cancel when I realized I was wrong and surprisingly there wasn't an issue. However if I can can split one donation with 2 or 3 buddies I might be back on board.

I like @Irish Loop buy football season tickets every year and don't feel bad when I sit in chair backs and actually cheer. Seat donatations are not the only way to support the team, you can do it vocally as well.
Not everyone who sits in the chair backs sits on their hands and doesn't cheer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom