Football school you dislike the most? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Football school you dislike the most?

Which football school do you dislike the most?

• Boston College

Votes: 60 56.6%
  • West Virginia

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Syracuse

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • Pittsburgh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • USF

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cincy

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Other

Votes: 20 18.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know dozens of both Bama and ND fans (including ND fans I am related to through marriage). Take my word for it on average the ND fans are far worse. If you judge Bama fans by Finebaum callers you could easily come to a different conclusion.

I love those callers. That's only reason I watch him. Seriously makes me laugh so hard. I was praying to the new gods and the old that Texas would hire Saban away from Bama just I can see the total melt down on Finebaum's show.

Reaction Score
1. Notre Dame -- by not going full time into ACC as #15. UConn would have been 16.

Reaction Score
Orange fans are really cute. They still think Jim Brown is relevant and see themselves as college football elite. Kicking their was just special.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
1. Notre Dame -- by not going full time into ACC as #15. UConn would have been 16.
I see no reason why they didn't stay in the Big East. NBC gives them all the money and Fox pays fine for the Big East. Midwest Catholic school is what that league is now anyways.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I pretty much hate everything about BC and it goes way beyond the athletic teams.

There is a guy in my neighborhood that I have seen running every morning for several years. On most of those mornings he had on one of those yellow "BC Superfan" t shirts and it just made me want to get in the truck and run him off of the road. I think even he may have given up though, as lately I have not seen that shirt at all.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Yeah... Maybe things will change after we play BC again this year... But I feel like Rutgers replaced BC in the "unearned sneering condescension" rankings. I feel like even BC fans realize what a terrible athletic program they've become.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Dislike teams for me start with Ohio State (I picked Michigan due to uniforms and fight song as a little kid) and Missouri (Kansas alumn, born in KS). I'm tired of Bama, but don't hate them. If UConn starts playing BC regularly, they will jump on the list.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
That's where I am with Rutgers as well. Their fans are the absolute worst.
Having seen UConn play at both Rutgers and Temple, as much as I hate Rutgers and everything to do with their sports programs, the Temple fans really proved how terrible people from Philly can be. I probably have to give them the nod over Rutgers. Either way, the best thing to come out of the tri-state area is HC Bob Diaco!

Reaction Score
Having seen UConn play at both Rutgers and Temple, as much as I hate Rutgers and everything to do with their sports programs, the Temple fans really proved how terrible people from Philly can be. I probably have to give them the nod over Rutgers. Either way, the best thing to come out of the tri-state area is HC Bob Diaco!

Philly probably has the worst fans on the planet regardless of sport.

Reaction Score
Not a single vote for the ConnFLict? Quick someone get coach D to order a new trophy.
On second thought lets just tape over UCF and write in BC with magic marker.

I think he may get a taste of who we think our true rival is come November!

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I grew up in an Irish-Italian Catholic neighborhood. All Catholic schools make me sick, but BC takes it to another level.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

Really? I had fun at Temple. They weren't too bad.

Reaction Score
That's where I am with Rutgers as well. Their fans are the absolute worst.

Rutgers Fans are a strange lot. While there are plenty of decent people that realize how fortunate it is to be where they are, there is a far more vocal group who believe that they have "earned" their place at the table through athletic success.

Many of these people simply don't know how to be a fan. They have affected a tough guy attitude and false bravado that is both comical and disturbing. I personally have never witnessed more boorish behavior than what transpired when PSU visited Pisctaway in 2014. They were strangely a lot more subdued after the game however.

Reaction Score
After how WVU welcomed UConn after the Jasper Howard murder, not sure how they can be listed in a poll like this

I know I'm in the minority, but I don't understand why we can't dislike WVU. That they happened to be the next school on the schedule was coincidence. Maybe my expectations are too high, but I would have expected any other school in the country to have responded the same way, with empathy and support. I've personally never hated them, but don't begrudge anyone who does.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Really? I had fun at Temple. They weren't too bad.

I was there with 2 buddies, we thought we had great seats but it must have been Temple territory. All we did was cheer for good things (unfortunately there weren't many), but this rubbed the locals the wrong way and we were harassed pretty much all game. It escalated to the point where cups of blue cheese were throw in our direction from several rows back. Those clowns got ejected immediately as they has already been warned.

It was like the Temple fans went out looking for trouble, and a football game broke out. The one redeeming thing was that all of the Temple fans who ran their mouths had left well before the game was over. Some fans!

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I was there with my wife. had great seats on the 40, 10 rows up from the UConn bench. By the end of the first quarter, we relocated to the UConn section in the corner.

Philly is the absolute worse place to go as a visiting fan. been there a few times now and I think I am done. I am ok with myself being harassed but when they start in on my wife, that's the end for me. Also of note, I witnessed on 3 separate occasions a 5 year old get some unfavorable feedback.
Eagles, Temple...makes no difference, the fans are the worse.

Philly, the city is fun, however.

Reaction Score
I was there with my wife. had great seats on the 40, 10 rows up from the UConn bench. By the end of the first quarter, we relocated to the UConn section in the corner.

Philly is the absolute worse place to go as a visiting fan. been there a few times now and I think I am done. I am ok with myself being harassed but when they start in on my wife, that's the end for me. Also of note, I witnessed on 3 separate occasions a 5 year old get some unfavorable feedback.
Eagles, Temple...makes no difference, the fans are the worse.

Philly, the city is fun, however.

Phillies fans are the worst. My cousin bought tickets to see the Mets play Phillies in Philly. He was on the visiting side last row of the bottom seating. He told me he barely remembers the game because he had to constantly dodge things being thrown in his direction. It was mostly empty cups, water bottles and whatnot, but he's sworn to never go back to any sporting event because of the amount of hostility he received just because he was wearing blue and orange. That being said (and even as a Mets fan) I love the fanatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom