Football Annuals arriving... | The Boneyard

Football Annuals arriving...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Give up on the Big12 invite hallucination. Ain't gonna happen. Should not happen.

Reaction Score
Where is the logic in joining a conference centered over a thousand miles away from Storrs and the top two bread winners(Oklahoma & Texas) are the most likely candidates for the next SEC or B1G purge? What do you have left after that than the AAC part2? What's that TV contract gonna look like? If your gonna bide your time waiting on a B1G or ACC invite maybe it makes more sense to do it with at least half your league in the same time zone and a few of them within driving distance(Navy, Temple, Cincy, ECU). Where the AAC is young, hungry and growing you want to leave for a league that is going the way of the old Big East. I don't know, just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Where is the logic in joining a conference centered over a thousand miles away from Storrs and the top two bread winners(Oklahoma & Texas) are the most likely candidates for the next SEC or B1G purge? What do you have left after that than the AAC part2? What's that TV contract gonna look like? If your gonna bide your time waiting on a B1G or ACC invite maybe it makes more sense to do it with at least half your league in the same time zone and a few of them within driving distance(Navy, Temple, Cincy, ECU). Where the AAC is young, hungry and growing you want to leave for a league that is going the way of the old Big East. I don't know, just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Well, we'd be getting 10x our current TV contract for the length of their deal, we'd get our tier 3 rights back, we could still potentially leave for ACC or B1G if the B12 disinegrated, and if we're stuck in that conference we should get a nice cash return from the schools who leave.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well, we'd be getting 10x our current TV contract for the length of their deal, we'd get our tier 3 rights back, we could still potentially leave for ACC or B1G if the B12 disinegrated, and if we're stuck in that conference we should get a nice cash return from the schools who leave.

Well if they get invited to the Big 12 it would be because of a network so the Tier 3 rights would be gone.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Well if they get invited to the Big 12 it would be because of a network so the Tier 3 rights would be gone.
And if we come into the B12 as part of a network I'm guessing that said network is not putting their neck on the line without a long term commitment. Which would be painful to break.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And if we come into the B12 as part of a network I'm guessing that said network is not putting their neck on the line without a long term commitment. Which would be painful to break.

Which at the end of the day is the biggest obstacle in the Big 12 creating a network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom