Food catering suggestions | The Boneyard

Food catering suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Setting up a father/son tailgate for the Nov. 22 game against Cincinnati for my fraternity. Anyone have any suggestions for catering food for tailgates? Would prefer somewhere in Storrs or East Hartford since I will be driving to the Rent from school. There will be around 40-50 of us and we'll be looking for some hot sandwiches/chili type foods.

Reaction Score
Drew, a few years ago during the South Florida "snow bowl" game, I had no interest in dragging all the gear out in all the snow so I contacted "Pintore" in Hartford. They put together a tray of brisket and cornbread as well as individual cups of chili, salad etc.... It worked out great because we just had the side walls up on out tents with the heaters going and we were sitting in there with just t-shirts on not worrying about anything. They are a bit pricey so I'm not sure what you want to spend. They also will meet you at the Mobil gas station or wherever you want at a specific time prior to going into the game so logistically it works out. Also, if you can make it to Franklin Ave Giant Grinder in Htfd, you cannot go wrong with their 6 ft giant grinder. Could be a great compliment to the chili and other stuff. Franklin Ave piles like 2 inches on meat in their grinders and they r off the chain!! It's about 10 min drive from The Rent depending on traffic. Hope this helps

I would be interested in any other suggestions BY members have of other caterers throughout the state, as I use them for clients all the time.

Reaction Score
Setting up a father/son tailgate for the Nov. 22 game against Cincinnati for my fraternity. Anyone have any suggestions for catering food for tailgates? Would prefer somewhere in Storrs or East Hartford since I will be driving to the Rent from school. There will be around 40-50 of us and we'll be looking for some hot sandwiches/chili type foods.
Little Marks in Vernon will do a full style deal for you with good tailgate grub.

Drew

Reaction Score
Drew, a few years ago during the South Florida "snow bowl" game, I had no interest in dragging all the gear out in all the snow so I contacted "Pintore" in Hartford. They put together a tray of brisket and cornbread as well as individual cups of chili, salad etc.... It worked out great because we just had the side walls up on out tents with the heaters going and we were sitting in there with just t-shirts on not worrying about anything. They are a bit pricey so I'm not sure what you want to spend. They also will meet you at the Mobil gas station or wherever you want at a specific time prior to going into the game so logistically it works out. Also, if you can make it to Franklin Ave Giant Grinder in Htfd, you cannot go wrong with their 6 ft giant grinder. Could be a great compliment to the chili and other stuff. Franklin Ave piles like 2 inches on meat in their grinders and they r off the chain!! It's about 10 min drive from The Rent depending on traffic. Hope this helps

I would be interested in any other suggestions BY members have of other caterers throughout the state, as I use them for clients all the time.

This is extremely helpful, thank you !

Drew

Reaction Score
Little Marks in Vernon will do a full style deal for you with good tailgate grub.

thanks 06269, I'll be sure to look into it!

Reaction Score

Pasta Vita in Old Saybrook.

Reaction Score
Doggie Style said:

I'm glad you mentioned pintore. Now all I have to do is second the suggestion.

Reaction Score

the sidewalls on the canopy with the heater is the way to go. We had ours up to 92 degrees last year during the Memphis game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom