Foley Fatukasi rebuilding after dealing w/ full effect of Hurricane Sandy | The Boneyard

Foley Fatukasi rebuilding after dealing w/ full effect of Hurricane Sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Another incoming recruit who will be very easy to root for...

Recruit Foley Fatukasi rebuilding after dealing with full effect of Hurricane Sandy

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/...51bf92657ae0f820706520.txt?viewmode=fullstory

>>“We went to a family friend’s house and I pretty much witnessed the whole entire storm,” Fatukasi said. “I had never seen anything like that, it just came and water was up to your neck. I don’t even know what to call it, it was a different experience. Even when I saw the house, I realized that we could have lost our lives. In New Orleans, when Hurricane Katrina hit, it was really bad, it was a lot worse for them. I was trying to be as thankful as I could because it could have been a lot worse.”

A few days later the Fatukasis were able to return home to check out the damage. Their house was deemed to be uninhabitable, the high school that he was planning to graduate from was closed down and the football field where he emerged into a major-college prospect was used as a landing strip for emergency helicopters.<<

Reaction Score
Last week on the NBC evening news a feature was done on the rebuilding effort and the prom at Foley's high school in Rockaway. The prom was done free of charge for the students thanks to some donations. Foley was the featured student, although they didn't mention he was going to UConn, there was one shot of him wearing a UConn football tee shirt. Seems like a very positive, personable, high energy kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom