!!! Focus - RE focus. !!! | The Boneyard

!!! Focus - RE focus. !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Conference realignment? Distraction? Guilty as charged - for about 4 hours. I've been acting like a scorned woman, and a conference shifting rookie. I'm done.

CIncinatti is all that matters. Payback for getting robbed of a post season last year. Our house. Senior day.

I will be there, cheering on the Husky gridiron warriors. I just wrote this on a different thread - adding it here.

I hope our players are just as dialed in and focused among all the bombs going off around them, as they were last week.

Focus, refocus. The football field, is where this gets corrected. Nowhere else. I hope players, families, friends are reading. The reasons why UConn finds itself in the mess it's in, are numerous, and out of most people's control.

Those guys out there on the field, are trully our gridiron warriors for this university though, that do, and can make a huge difference for the school, the fans, the Connecticut community. There has been a lot invested in this football program, by tens of thousands of people, for over a decade now.

We need to win games. We need to win them, and we win by kicking the living out of anybody that comes out there on the field to face us.

and we do that by each and every one of those 11 guys that takes the field, going out there and beating the out of the player that they're lined up and assigned to beat the out of.

Football field is a great place to get the aggression out, and those guys going out there, have all the aggressions of this entire fanbase to fuel them.

I hope they're preparing properly for it. I want to kick the crap out of Cincinatti.

All of our problems get fixed, when you win.

Reaction Score
Cincinatti is all that matters. Our house. Senior day.

Focus, refocus. The football field, is where this gets corrected. Nowhere else.

We need to win games. We need to win them, and we win by kicking the living out of anybody that comes out there on the field to face us.

All of our problems get fixed, when you win.

Not by a long shot, my friend. I mean you no disrespect, but this is not the time for a Knute Rockne-esque pep talk. Cincy is one game. We've played bigger and more important and how's that worked out?

The football field is NOT where "this gets corrected" . . . "Nowhere else". Quite the contrary this is old fashion behind closed doors, smoke fill rooms, horse trading by television and the trend toward oligopolistic sized conferences. If the football field is where this got fixed we'd have been in the ACC or BiG 10 sometime during the realigment shifts in the last two years.

All of our problems DON'T get fixed, when you win. If they did, UConn would be in a new conference. Did they NOT beat Notre Dame? Did they NOT beat SEC South Carolina? Did they NOT beat West Virginia and win the Big East? Did they NOT just beat Louisville in football? Did they NOT beat Louisville in the Big East hoop finals in '11? Did they NOT just beat Kentucky twice in one season in hoops? Did they NOT just win a National Championship in men's hoops? Did they NOT just oust Clemson to earn a birth in the baseball regional finals? Have the womens' hoop team NOT won enough National Championships? Did the mens' and womens' team NOT win unprecedented National Championships in the same season? The list goes on and on. . . .

So please, I mean you no personal disrespect, but I'd rather you not cheerlead today but instead curse the sorry ass state of college football and its television pimps at ESPN and other places.

Reaction Score
Not by a long shot, my friend. I mean you no disrespect, but this is not the time for a Knute Rockne-esque pep talk. Cincy is one game. We've played bigger and more important and how's that worked out?

The football field is NOT where "this gets corrected" . . . "Nowhere else". Quite the contrary this is old fashion behind closed doors, smoke fill rooms, horse trading by television and the trend toward oligopolistic sized conferences. If the football field is where this got fixed we'd have been in the ACC or BiG 10 sometime during the realigment shifts in the last two years.

All of our problems DON'T get fixed, when you win. If they did, UConn would be in a new conference. Did they NOT beat Notre Dame? Did they NOT beat SEC South Carolina? Did they NOT beat West Virginia and win the Big East? Did they NOT just beat Louisville in football? Did they NOT beat Louisville in the Big East hoop finals in '11? Did they NOT just beat Kentucky twice in one season in hoops? Did they NOT just win a National Championship in men's hoops? Did they NOT just oust Clemson to earn a birth in the baseball regional finals? Have the womens' hoop team NOT won enough National Championships? Did the mens' and womens' team NOT win unprecedented National Championships in the same season? The list goes on and on. . . .

So please, I mean you no personal disrespect, but I'd rather you not cheerlead today but instead curse the sorry ass state of college football and its television pimps at ESPN and other places.

Kiss my ass.

Reaction Score

Uconn football does not play enough good teams on a consistant basis for those wins to count. How many top 25 teams have the huskies beaten in there history. 2 if I'm correct. You can't play 1 or occationally 2 national recognized games a season, and think that you're big time. That's called regional, and the entire country has regional teams.

Reaction Score
Uconn football does not play enough good teams on a consistant basis for those wins to count. How many top 25 teams have the huskies beaten in there history. 2 if I'm correct. You can't play 1 or occationally 2 national recognized games a season, and think that you're big time. That's called regional, and the entire country has regional teams.

And you can't play any if you can't position yourself better than some MAC team. Not disagreeing with your premise, but IMO UConn has done everything correct (for the most part) up to this point and should have earned a seat at the big kids table. Not some conference leftover table.

Reaction Score

You're not telling me anythign new. I've been saying for a long, long time that we need to schedule bigger opponents more. There's absolutely no way that we can win big games, if we aren't scheduling them.

Look - I'm geared up for a great game on Saturday.

The players on this 2012 squad, have breathed life back into this program, and we've got a shot to make something of the season on Saturday.

I will not let this crap distract me from going out there, and supporting them for what they put their bodies and minds through on a daily basis, to play this game that i love.

Reaction Score
And you can't play any if you can't position yourself better than some MAC team. Not disagreeing with your premise, but IMO UConn has done everything correct (for the most part) up to this point and should have earned a seat at the big kids table. Not some conference leftover table.

Basically, Cincinnati and Uconn are in the same boat. In a perfect world, Louisville and Cincinnati would have gone to the Big 12. Uconn to the ACC. Who's to say whats gonna happen now.

Reaction Score
Basically, Cincinnati and Uconn are in the same boat. In a perfect world, Louisville and Cincinnati would have gone to the Big 12. Uconn to the ACC. Who's to say whats gonna happen now.

You'd think. This crap just doesn't make sense. Louisville and Cincy were both Big 12 teams on a couple of levels. And UConn an ACC on a couple of levels. But then who'd think Missouri would be SEC, and Maryland Big 10?

Reaction Score
Need more people focused on this.

I am not pissed off about Louisville going to the ACC. I was upset this morning, but it's not because I don't want to be in the ACC. If there's a conference I want to be in, and had to pick, and lobby for, other than this national conglomerate we're part of building now, it's not the ACC I'm looking at.

I am pissed off about the publicity and public image that gets portrayed about UConn, though. That needs to get corrected.

We need to go out and take all the aggression out on the field, and win.

The UConn men’s basketball program has won three national championships since 1999 – the only school to do so in this time period – and one of just seven programs in the history of the game to win three or more titles.

The UConn football team has made incredible strides since it moved to the FBS in 2002. The Huskies have won two BIG EAST Championships, played in five bowl games – including four over the past five seasons -- and became the fastest program to rise from FBS inception to an appearance in a BCS game in history.

The excellence of the women’s basketball program is unparalleled to any school in the country as UConn has won seven national championships and appeared in 13 Finals Fours, including five straight.

Olympics sports programs at UConn are successful and have competed in and won NCAA national championship play in a number of them.

UConn will further enhance its athletic program in the 2014-15 academic year as its men’s ice hockey team begins play in Hockey East, the premier league in the country for that sport.

Connecticut will become one of just nine institutions nationally to play men’s basketball, women’s basketball, football and men’s ice hockey in a major conference.

Reaction Score
Winning is everything! CF will go to 4 16 team super conferences soon enough. Keep winning and Uconn will be in it.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I am fired up for Saturday (still). I want these seniors to be sent out with a bowl game so bad. I also want UConn fans to be given a last call chance at showing up in numbers to a bowl game! Let's prove the naysayers wrong. Go Dahgs!

Reaction Score
Carl is correct. If you follow a sports team, any sports team you root for their success. All the rest is of concern, but to be honest this is the last regular season game of this year. There's a long offseason coming up where realignment, tv deals, coaching and recruiting will be the topics to fill the void. Right now the focus should be on support for the team and focus on the game at hand. Bitching about conference alignment is fine but it's not going to change the current situation. If you're not interested in rooting for your team then what's the point of even caring about what conference you're in anyway. Go follow another team, take up another hobby or go sit in a corner and pout.

Reaction Score

Did we not lose to Temple, at home? Did we not lose to Iowa State in the NCAA tournament last year in the opening round? Did our HOF coach not retire?

It's nice that you have selective memory, but I assure you, if we were undefeated right now and packing our stadium, things would be very, very different.

Reaction Score
Did we not lose to Temple, at home? Did we not lose to Iowa State in the NCAA tournament last year in the opening round? Did our HOF coach not retire?

It's nice that you have selective memory, but I assure you, if we were undefeated right now and packing our stadium, things would be very, very different.

Yeah and no other big time teams ever lose a game they didn't expect to or get bounced early from the NCAA. And Dean Smith is still coaching at North Carolina and didn't retire. Come on. . . UConn's pedigree is more than good enough to be in a major conference. It's certainly better the Louisville.

Reaction Score
Need more people focused on this.

I am not pissed off about Louisville going to the ACC. I was upset this morning, but it's not because I don't want to be in the ACC. If there's a conference I want to be in, and had to pick, and lobby for, other than this national conglomerate we're part of building now, it's not the ACC I'm looking at.

I am pissed off about the publicity and public image that gets portrayed about UConn, though. That needs to get corrected.

We need to go out and take all the aggression out on the field, and win.

The UConn men’s basketball program has won three national championships since 1999 – the only school to do so in this time period – and one of just seven programs in the history of the game to win three or more titles.

The UConn football team has made incredible strides since it moved to the FBS in 2002. The Huskies have won two BIG EAST Championships, played in five bowl games – including four over the past five seasons -- and became the fastest program to rise from FBS inception to an appearance in a BCS game in history.

The excellence of the women’s basketball program is unparalleled to any school in the country as UConn has won seven national championships and appeared in 13 Finals Fours, including five straight.

Olympics sports programs at UConn are successful and have competed in and won NCAA national championship play in a number of them.

UConn will further enhance its athletic program in the 2014-15 academic year as its men’s ice hockey team begins play in Hockey East, the premier league in the country for that sport.

Connecticut will become one of just nine institutions nationally to play men’s basketball, women’s basketball, football and men’s ice hockey in a major conference.

Carl, we all realize and identify with the successes. The problem? The powers-that-be don't view the Resume as we do. I'm sorry, but, for whatever the reason, the school is seen as so deficient in FB that the successes don't tip the scales. The goal should now be getting FB to the point that forces acceptance. It'd doable, but there isn't much time.

Reaction Score
I'll be there cheering on our Huskies. Especially the seniors. So enjoy the tailgate, make it to the Husky Walk, get in early to support our seniors and applaud the hard working marching band. Most importantly, let's win, go to a Bowl and win there. Let that be the catalyst to kick start the rehab of this University's athletic image. It's time for our star to shine a lot brighter so that the folks who value such things can see the true luster. With a smart strategy and a dedicated commitment, whatever grime is clouding our current image can (unlike Penn State) be pretty easily wiped away.

Reaction Score

Just for fun, the other 8....off the top of my head

BCU
Michigan
Michigan St.
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Notre Dame (I know, they're Ind. in football)
Ohio St.
??????? - Who is the last one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member