Florida State, Illinois, and Now Arkansas Rebrand? | The Boneyard

Florida State, Illinois, and Now Arkansas Rebrand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well it looks like we aren't the only schools who wanted to revamp thier logos. Personally I don't know what all the Nole fans are complaning about it looks soo similar, but the Arkansas one is really different. The best I herd is it Pumba on Roids.

http://collegespun.com/unis-kicks

Reaction Score
The trend is to be consistent with logos, fonts, colors across sports.

Reaction Score
The trend is to be consistent with logos, fonts, colors across sports.
That's partly true but the real trend is to generate a new source of revenue first for Nike, who doesn't redesign these things "for free" for nothing! Then secondly for university athletic departments. You could have consistent fonts/colors pretty easily. This has zero to do with that issue.

Reaction Score
I kinda like some of Syracuse's changes... Not the white uni... but that orange helmet is sweet

Reaction Score
Oh gross! the numbers are a terrible font. I hate the "two-tone" Looks like some 3rd division European soccer club uniform. the orange helmet is shiny, I'll give it that.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Tulane's new helmets are sorta like ours, but better.

BlbdJEOCYAEmfA3.jpg

Reaction Score
That's partly true but the real trend is to generate a new source of revenue first for Nike, who doesn't redesign these things "for free" for nothing! Then secondly for university athletic departments. You could have consistent fonts/colors pretty easily. This has zero to do with that issue.

One thing leads to the other.

Reaction Score
If you have any doubts, read the Business week piece from a while ago about the cost to Nike and others of providing uniforms to colleges vs the NFL. For what it costs to get the contract for 1 NFL team (before the latest round I think, when the NFL bid the whole league) you could get all the colleges teams you wanted and have every athlete from baseball to wrestling, wearing your logo.

Reaction Score
Just remember. (tcf_15's work not mine)

BlXZu3ICUAIoKtp.png

and
BlXdwpgCcAEJpZd.png
Now these I do like. One has to wonder what has happened to the world of college sports, though, when some genius from Syracuse posts that he'd rather have an athletic program that is finacially secure than to win championships...and others agreed with him. But then, that might be why Syracuse doesn't often win them...at least non-Helms ones.

Reaction Score
Arkansas with a forward facing tooth weilding hog! Someday our angry little Jonathan will be a trailblazer !

Reaction Score
The Bucs changed their uniform. The numbers look like they came off a digital clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom