Florida A&M Football | The Boneyard

Florida A&M Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
wow. what a bad decision by whoever made it. But credit to FAMU leadership for its accountability and swift action - they know that much more than a "lost season" is at risk if they did not act.

we gotta do better for our young men in CFB. so much will be lost for the sake of a 2.5 minute video. Not that it matters, but the song is absolute garbage too.

Reaction Score
Huh? Did I miss something? They killed someone? Assaulted someone? Little overreaction here no? What exactly is “at risk”?
to use the brand name of a university is essentially to say "university of ____ approves of the message contained in the following presentation". Every reputable university has a branding guidelines website (uconn included) that provide the framework for using the university's main marketing identity, in a sanctioned way. Not only did these folks violate those terms - even worse, even if they had followed the guidelines, they straight up used the university facility and worst of all, its name, in an unsanctioned film, containing (to put it mildly) not family-friendly material.

what is the purpose of a university and its programs (in this case football)? In this day an age, with NIL and recruiting, universities understand they have to be a little flexible with media creation (music/videos/content) to appease to Gen Z athletes and their twitter announcements, but this is absolutely a step too far. No university in its right mind would ever agree to putting its name on a video with literal twerking and material about infidelity and sexual immorality.

To not act swiftly is to endorse this, which would not end well for the football team, and the university and its image.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Huh? Did I miss something? They killed someone? Assaulted someone? Little overreaction here no? What exactly is “at risk”?
also keep in mind that FAMU is part of the State University system of Florida, which governs UCF, USF, FAU, FIU, among others, and most importantly the University of Florida (Gators). This reflects not just on a single FCS program, but the whole florida system. FAMU is not just acting on their own behalf, here.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-22 at 11.15.50 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-22 at 11.15.50 AM.png
    221.8 KB · Views: 61
Reaction Score
FAMU has had some other challenges around their athletics program, including an aborted attempt to upgrade to FBS & hazing issue with their marching band

Reaction Score
The Old Guard of FAMU Alums will most likely back him on this move. But someone may need to be sacrificed.

Reaction Score
wow. what a bad decision by whoever made it. But credit to FAMU leadership for its accountability and swift action - they know that much more than a "lost season" is at risk if they did not act.

we gotta do better for our young men in CFB. so much will be lost for the sake of a 2.5 minute video. Not that it matters, but the song is absolute garbage too.
Don't like the idea of shutting down the season but no problem with the fur flying.

Reaction Score
Don't like the idea of shutting down the season but no problem with the fur flying.
i hope they can salvage their season - the boys work hard and deserve to dress and prove themselves on saturdays. Also FAMU is a hisorically black university (HBCU), which also endears me to them. let's go rattlers :)

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Exactly nothing.

This fits the whole Jurassic Park/Newman Meme.

“See, Nobody Cares”

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Seems like a wild overreaction to me.

I don't mind the pause in action while they figure it out. I'd be shocked if they made this decision in the middle of fall camp, but this is a perfect time to take care of all this the week or two before camp starts.

Reaction Score
I don't mind the pause in action while they figure it out. I'd be shocked if they made this decision in the middle of fall camp, but this is a perfect time to take care of all this the week or two before camp starts.

Or they could have just done an investigation and not draw more attention to it. This is nothingburger.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
also keep in mind that FAMU is part of the State University system of Florida, which governs UCF, USF, FAU, FIU, among others, and most importantly the University of Florida (Gators). This reflects not just on a single FCS program, but the whole florida system. FAMU is not just acting on their own behalf, here.

I'm going to go on a limb and suggest no one thinks anything happening at FAMU reflects on any of the other state universities.

Much like if something happens at Eastern, Central or Southern CT, no one thinks it's a reflection of UConn.

Reaction Score
I'm going to go on a limb and suggest no one thinks anything happening at FAMU reflects on any of the other state universities.

Much like if something happens at Eastern, Central or Southern CT, no one thinks it's a reflection of UConn.

Plus it’s Floriduh. The lowest possible bar to clear.

Reaction Score
It's a definite (or should be a definite) that somebody gets sacrificed due to the situation... Utter nonsense to shut the program down because of the situation since matters where addressed right away...

Somebody gets fired, and suspension here and there (where applicable)... circle the wagons, continue to move forward with the program despite the hiccup...

Happens that way with other programs ( Georgia???? )... no?

Reaction Score
I agree. I see it as free marketing for an HBCU, especially when HBCUs aren’t exactly raking in money to their athletics programs.

Reaction Score
I agree. I see it as free marketing for an HBCU, especially when HBCUs aren’t exactly raking in money to their athletics programs.
It's definitely not that (the music video with illicit lyrics).. Unfortunately, with the way society is now ( where negativity sells more than anything good natured ) the publicity received from the incident may help more... Again, at least it was reported that the issue has been addressed immediately.... Leaves less room for unwanted additional noise...

Reaction Score
Yes, because FAMU gets the same treatment from the state as does UF. They set up a system that was designed to send minorities to a certain place that’s historically underfunded and relegated. Yes, I’m sure the state is offended by this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom