Fishy out of pocket | The Boneyard

Fishy out of pocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I know a lot of you have been asking various things about various things - when are you going to punch me in the throat, what exactly is wrong with you, can you please stop using our IP addresses to come to our houses and peek in our windows - but I'm going to be very busy over the next ten days and all of that will have to wait.

You can still ask, but just know that my responses may have to wait until I have more time.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I know a lot of you have been asking various things about various things - when are you going to punch me in the throat, what exactly is wrong with you, can you please stop using our IP addresses to come to our houses and peek in our windows - but I'm going to be very busy over the next ten days and all of that will have to wait.

Just more proof that Pokémon Go is a conspiracy by Fishy to track our every movement. Big Brother is watching.

Reaction Score

You can still ask, but just know that my responses may have to wait until I have more time.

State mandated anger management classes again...?

Reaction Score

Say it ain't so!

What is this fellow Admiral going to read while your gone? God's speed mate!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

You've been biding your time for this one, huh? Probably thought of it the first day Chief posted, but let it sit to maximize impact.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Surgery to repair your Larynx?
Are you running a throat punch camp, much like Chris Paul does with guards or Pete Newell does/did with big men?
Are you going to watch Finding Dory 24 hours a 10 for the next 10 days? Sounds like something a Fisky might do.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
For 69 or so of my 70-plus years, out of pocket meant you were paying for something yourself, and carried a connotation of an unexpected expense that you had to pay for.

So how did it change over the last couple years to mean out of town or unavailable?

And do people who use it that way deserve to be throat punched? If so, does Fishy have to throat punch himself?

Reaction Score
Not sure if this answers the question, but my guess is @Wonkster would likely know. From what I remember, he has literally written dictionaries.

"Out of pocket"?
I'm amused by & hope the definition etymology regarding pimps and ho's is true, but I think I'm in the majority in thinking about the QB in the pocket for visualizing the idiom.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Not sure if this answers the question, but my guess is @Wonkster would likely know. From what I remember, he has literally written dictionaries.

"Out of pocket"?

I didnt read through that whole thing to see if it was mentioned, but in my understanding it is used as " out from under supervision" by law enforcement and military and caught on from there. Id be interested to hear it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom