First time to UCONN game Oct 8 | The Boneyard

First time to UCONN game Oct 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'll be flying up from DC and visiting my brother who's a Marine Officer on temporary assignment to New London. We're planning on attending the Oct 8 UCONN home game Vs Cincinnati.

We hope to be arriving to the stadium an hour or two before kickoff, and my main question is parking. Will stadium parking be full by then? What will be the cash cost? $25? If I park offsite is it a risk? For instance, looking at google earth, I'm noticing a lot of empty strip mall lots along Silver Lane - that a bad idea?

Any advice, parking or otherwise, appreciated.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Will the stadium parking be full 2 hours before the game... I would say this is definitely your first game. You'll be fine. Parking passes can usually be had for 25 bucks. A couple lots within 1/2 mile or so offer 15 dollar parking.

Reaction Score
I'll be flying up from DC and visiting my brother who's a Marine Officer on temporary assignment to New London. We're planning on attending the Oct 8 UCONN home game Vs Cincinnati.

We hope to be arriving to the stadium an hour or two before kickoff, and my main question is parking. Will stadium parking be full by then? What will be the cash cost? $25? If I park offsite is it a risk? For instance, looking at google earth, I'm noticing a lot of empty strip mall lots along Silver Lane - that a bad idea?

Welcome --- You're best option might be to park off-site directly across from the Stadium lots. The Pratt and Whitney Aircraft Club has fields available for parking @ $20 and it's a quick walk over to stadium. Use GPS address of 560 Silver Lane Entrance, East Hartford, CT 06118.

Reaction Score
Welcome --- You're best option might be to park off-site directly across from the Stadium lots. The Pratt and Whitney Aircraft Club has fields available for parking @ $20 and it's a quick walk over to stadium. Use GPS address of 560 Silver Lane Entrance, East Hartford, CT 06118.

This. Don't park in Red lot. Or in one of those strip malls.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
To reinforce, this is the ticket. EZ in, EZ out.

Reaction Score
Thank You for the helpful replies. I will let you guys know how our game experience goes.

Reaction Score
Nice to pay only $15 for parking. Not a lot of fans in the stands at kickoff, but that was probably due to the early start. The stands filled in better as the first half went along. Both quarterbacks looked pretty lost in the first half; some of the worst QBing I've ever seen. It looked like one of those games where a more comparatively proven Cincinnati team would sleep walk to a win, especially after the endzone interception with about a minute left in the 1st half. But then credit UConn for scoring before the half and the UConn coaches for making adjustments on offense, such as getting the Newsome and Thomas involved as dependable weapons. They carried the offense, as well as Shireffs looked a lot more focused and surer passing downfield. On the other hand, Cincinnati played about the most uninspired, indifferent football I've ever witnessed in person. Just didn't care. Bearcats secondary looked bored lining up against receivers, the two guards couldn't get any footing Vs the Huskies DL, and the defense was awful on third downs. Tuberville has really let them go during his time there. Overall a solid 20-9 win and good luck going forward.

Reaction Score

Dude, you brought greaat luck to the team and are welcome at any future games.

Maybe the BY can chip in and send you up for the BCU encounter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom