First Radio Show of the Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
CNrfUHGVAAA70hC.jpg

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
How was it? I would have been there had I not had to sit through this dreadful 6:15-9:00 French Cinema course. I shouldn't complain, it's a treat to be a college student--especially in Storrs. Fill me in on the details though if you can!
Couldn't connect to the WTIC radio broadcast on-line at all, argh! Anything worth mentioning happen? BTW, French Cinema? Do the French even do movies? Maybe Beau Geste, or The Pink Panther? I remember something French about those two anyway. Je ne cest quoi. ;)

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Couldn't connect to the WTIC radio broadcast on-line at all, argh! Anything worth mentioning happen? BTW, French Cinema? Do the French even do movies? Maybe Beau Geste, or The Pink Panther? I remember something French about those two anyway. Je ne cest quoi. ;)

Yes, the French do movies. Poor movies that are rife with anti-Semitism. If the class weren't renowned for being an easy A (as well as fulfilling a grad requirement), I wouldn't be here.

Reaction Score
Great to have a radio show that half your state can't access.

Cttxus is from Texas. We don't share the code with out of staters. :cool:

Something called tunin or some site like that gives you access.

Reaction Score
Listened on 960 weli until 6:30 when they just switched to Yankee pregame without any warning. I should have know.
I can get a passable signal from 1080 on the Shoreline.

Nothing much new on the rest of the show. Joe D Interviewed the Nova play by play guy to open. Questions about their lines this year and running backs.
Like all of us he thinks this game will be won in the trenches.
Thinks their D is better this year than last.

Interviewed coach and Knappe and Campeni. Nothing new for folks who hang out here.

The big thig is that - IT'S TIME TO PLAY FOOTBALL!!!!

Reaction Score
uconnphil2016 said:
Yes, the French do movies. Poor movies that are rife with anti-Semitism. If the class weren't renowned for being an easy A (as well as fulfilling a grad requirement), I wouldn't be here.
I did Italian cinema. It was pretty tolerable as far as they go. Prof Balma was a good dude, too.

Reaction Score
They lost 3 of the 6 d-line to graduation and their best lineman was one of them. In my opinion they have lost to much talent on D and will take a step back. Not a big step but a step.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Isn't Gerard Depardieu basically in every French movie??

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Great to have a radio show that half your state can't access.
I really wish News Talk 1080 WTIC would just get an FM frequency... Its sorta rediculous in this day in age to have such a big broadcast area on an AM freqency. Even 660 WFAN in New York switched to include an FM station now.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
How was it? I would have been there had I not had to sit through this dreadful 6:15-9:00 French Cinema course. I shouldn't complain, it's a treat to be a college student--especially in Storrs. Fill me in on the details though if you can!
As usual, the issue with having it there is a lack of seating and poor volume control with the speakers. After Daatco takes up half the place with their "reserved" tables, there isn't much left. A shame really.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
For those who couldn't listen online - it was on the tunein uconn img channel, not wtic's. I listened to the whole thing.

Reaction Score
To whoever posted the UCONN/IMG radio link on the board a few days ago...Thank you VERY much! I can't get WTIC in Port Chester so this was a lifesaver.

Reaction Score
That worked GREAT last night for me Medic. Now I know where to go when I can't find an away game on tv.

Good for when in the truck (personal or owned by others ;)).

Reaction Score
Good for when in the truck (personal or owned by others ;)).
Ahhh yes...you were reading my mind...thank god for the smart phone and Mophie juice pack!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom