Fire Verducci | The Boneyard

Fire Verducci

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
freaking retread and DeLeone wannabe has now cost us two games on gutless 3rd and short up the middle goal-line calls in three weeks. We hired this guy because he coached Bobby D at Iowa and he's from same NJ area?

Reaction Score
I said it in another thread and I'll say it here. Verducci is the OC when Diaco says he is. He is Diaco's puppet.

If it's too expensive to fire Diaco, I hope Benedict tells Diaco Verducci is gone and he needs to bring in an up tempo spread type OC.

If Diaco balks, then he can join Verducci.

Diaco is a self admitted control freak, who said he learned that he needs to let others do their job. (He lied)

Reaction Score
Yep too expensive to fire diaco so you tell him that verducci has the rest of the year to show something or his ass is out the door
Oh and how safe is balis's job?
I'm very disappointed in our offensive line.
Big spots and we can't move navy or cuse off the line
And cuse is one of the worst defenses on the land

Reaction Score
freaking retread and DeLeone wannabe has now cost us two games on gutless 3rd and short up the middle goal-line calls in three weeks. We hired this guy because he coached Bobby D at Iowa and he's from same NJ area?
You think that play cost the game.

Two touchdowns in the first four minutes didn't. How about letting Syracuse go 98 yards after that stop? Did that cost the game.

They had been using the QB sneak all day.

I think the pick 6 actually cost the game. And Noel Thomas, Mr Concrete Hands could have tied it up if he caught that on side.

The offense definitely looked better today. Can't keep spotting the other team two touchdowns.

Reaction Score

Two touchdowns in the first four minutes didn't. How about letting Syracuse go 98 yards after that stop? Did that cost the game.

I think the pick 6 actually cost the game. And -ing Noel Thomas, Mr Concrete Hands could have tied it up if he caught that on side.

The offense definitely looked better today. Can't keep spotting the other team two touchdowns.
Those QB fakes to Newsome late in the game hurt us on two or three series. Give the ball to Newsome and stop trying to be cute.

Reaction Score

I think the pick 6 actually cost the game. And -ing Noel Thomas, Mr Concrete Hands could have tied it up if he caught that on side.

Obi dropped the onside kick not Noel

Reaction Score
So you liked the call?
We have one of the biggest lines. If they can't Advance the ball two yards on two tries, sorry. That's poor execution.

Ask Seattle fans if they liked the call. 3-2, you pound it in.

I want to know why on 4th, shirreffs ran towards the sideline instead of right up the gut.

Reaction Score
Obi dropped the onside kick not Noel
You sure? We were on the other side of the field. Looked like #5.
So obi lost the game for us. Great! We should fire his a. S. S too.

Reaction Score
We have one of the biggest lines. If they can't Advance the ball two yards on two tries, sorry. That's poor execution.

Ask Seattle fans if they liked the call. 3-2, you pound it in.

I want to know why on 4th, shirreffs ran towards the sideline instead of right up the gut.

I respect your admiration for big-boy football and yes Marshawn Lynch should have carried it two years ago. But when A) the other team knows its coming and B) we have an interior line that is not dominant then you have to do something different. If you're trying to win, that is.

Reaction Score
I respect your admiration for big-boy football and yes Marshawn Lynch should have carried it two years ago. But when A) the other team knows its coming and B) we have an interior line that is not dominant then you have to do something different. If you're trying to win, that is.
They had moved the ball on short yardage earlier with shirreffs running a sneak. They moved the pile on 4th down. They didn't on the play from the 2.

Diaco isn't playing. I thought he made some changes on offense with the play calling. At some point players need to make the plays.

Reaction Score
They had moved the ball on short yardage earlier with shirreffs running a sneak. They moved the pile on 4th down. They didn't on the play from the 2.

Diaco isn't playing. I thought he made some changes on offense with the play calling. At some point players need to make the plays.

Did you notice they ran all the sneaks on quick counts/no huddle? I'd have less of a problem with Johnson dive call if it hadn't been preceded by a huddle.

Reaction Score

So we'll keep paying him $1.6 million a year until he gets the players he needs to run "his system"? Hell, if that's the philosophy, we should have just kept PP

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Don't need to run a high risk offense to get better.
What happened to screen passes to slow down the pass rush? Need to use TE's more in passing game. Thomas is a great receiver but is keyed on too much.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

I think you are off base on this one. A foot is a lot shorter than 2 yards. And it wasn't like he just followed the line to the 1st down, he drifted a bit and found a seam. One of the few things he did right.

Reaction Score
So we'll keep paying him $1.6 million a year until he gets the players he needs to run "his system"? Hell, if that's the philosophy, we should have just kept PP

Not about a system its about talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34