Fire Benedict thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Tony D'Amato

Reaction Score
Yes I'd rather have the Boneyard choose the coach. Other than the way he left (at least he stayed through the bowl game), havent' really seen any logical criticisms of the job he did here. Benedict wants someone to clean house and rebuild, Edsall knows what it takes.

Reaction Score
I think this only shows us that NO ONE and i mean NO ONE wanted to come here. People have been calling the program a dumpster fire and that's gotta be the preception around the country. Splash hire? Good OC at a P5 school?? I'm SURE Benedict made those calls. and I bet everyone of them laughed after they hung up. Edsall seems to be the ONLY guy that would come here...or back...

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
I think this only shows us that NO ONE and i mean NO ONE wanted to come here. People have been calling the program a dumpster fire and that's gotta be the preception around the country. Splash hire? Good OC at a P5 school?? I'm SURE Benedict made those calls. and I bet everyone of them laughed after they hung up. Edsall seems to be the ONLY guy that would come here...or back...

I love when you post because we know it's going to be something really stupid.

How about this is what the boosters who just ponied up $3M in cash wanted? Moorehead was plan A, Edsall plan B. It's that simple.

Reaction Score
I think jrazz has it right - Money played a role in moving Edsall up the short list, but I'd have to think that DB sniffed around on Moorehead first and was rebuffed.
I'm sure we'll find out the backstory soon.

Reaction Score
I love when you post because we know it's going to be something really stupid.

How about this is what the boosters who just ponied up $3M in cash wanted? Moorehead was plan A, Edsall plan B. It's that simple.

And Moorehead didn't want to come...neither did PJ Fleck....neither did Les Miles....the list can go on of people I've seen mentioned on here. I doubt Edsall was a top 5 pick. Just happens that the top 5 didn't want to come.

Reaction Score
Fire Benedict made me laugh. It sucks that this is our choice, I think it's at most safe and Randy can just take the money. I hope Randy's intentions are good.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
And Moorehead didn't want to come...neither did PJ Fleck....neither did Les Miles....the list can go on of people I've seen mentioned on here. I doubt Edsall was a top 5 pick. Just happens that the top 5 didn't want to come.

They weren't on the table. This coaching "search" was concocted by the board. When the fire was made official Monday there were 2 names on the list. Moorehead passed unfortunately. The second call was to Edsall.

We open conference play in a few hours. Shouldn't you be over on the Hoops board trashing the team there?

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

Did we push hard enough for Nick Sabin???

Reaction Score
another theory for the haters:
Benedict was sniffing around for buyout money, but was told RE had to be attached and Benedict passed
Benedict tells Diaco he's staying but needs a new OC and wants to be a part of the process. DB brings in Kill and lets him meet up with Diaco. Diaco says no. DB is ripped.
DB picks up the phone and says fine, give me your loot. I'll get Edsall (possibly with the caveat that only if Moorehead passes on the job first).

Can you really blame DB if this was the case? I couldn't stomach one more year of Diaco especially if he didn't want to use Kill as the OC - I'd be terrified to see who he'd pick

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
another theory for the haters:
Benedict was sniffing around for buyout money, but was told RE had to be attached and Benedict passed
Benedict tells Diaco he's staying but needs a new OC and wants to be a part of the process. DB brings in Kill and lets him meet up with Diaco. Diaco says no. DB is ripped.
DB picks up the phone and says fine, give me your loot. I'll get Edsall (possibly with the caveat that only if Moorehead passes on the job first).

Can you really blame DB if this was the case? I couldn't stomach one more year of Diaco especially if he didn't want to use Kill as the OC - I'd be terrified to see who he'd pick

Jackpot

Reaction Score
I think he should be fired for pretty much ending any hope that UConn will ever be considered for a P-5 invite. Edsall couldn't do it in the watered down Big East and at best you'll see a bunch of 7-5 records and crappy bowl invites. Thanks Benedict(Arnold). You screwed this school but good.

Reaction Score
They weren't on the table. This coaching "search" was concocted by the board. When the fire was made official Monday there were 2 names on the list. Moorehead passed unfortunately. The second call was to Edsall.

We open conference play in a few hours. Shouldn't you be over on the Hoops board trashing the team there?

I'm at work so I can't make the game...you want my extra season ticket?? That I donate to the school for??

Reaction Score
Bring back Bob Diaco. Sorry, Bob. Randy Ed's all? This program is hopeless. It really is a dumpster fire. Randy Edsall. . . . The playbook will be run left, run right, run up the middle and punt. UCONN. . . Randy desperation job.

Reaction Score
Honestly, the time has to come to become a FCS football school and get back into the Big East. At least that way maybe we can salvage our basketball program before that becomes as laughable as our football team!

Reaction Score
I'm sure the nitwit OP also wanted to fire Benedict when it seemed like Diaco was coming back for another season.

Reaction Score
Honestly, the time has to come to become a FCS football school and get back into the Big East. At least that way maybe we can salvage our basketball program before that becomes as laughable as our football team!

Now I agree. Randy Ed's all? WTF?

Reaction Score
Maybe some gave $3.4 mil for HCBD buyout only if Edsall was named head coach. Now would you rather Diaco or Edsall?

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Maybe some gave $3.4 mil for HCBD buyout only if Edsall was named head coach. Now would you rather Diaco or Edsall?
I prefer to chose between Ginger and Maryanne.

Reaction Score

Speculate much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99