Finishing in The Top 5 | The Boneyard

Finishing in The Top 5

Reaction Score
Good win yesterday. As some people have pointed out, just as important as wins/losses at this point are the development of the younger players. Great to see Jackson have 2 solid games in a row. Hopefully we can Vital going a little too.

As we go through the rest of the regular season and with an eye on the American tournament...if we want any shot of winning the conference tournament, we have to be a Top 5 seed. A 6 seed or above plays 4 games in 4 days. We saw the tole that took on the 2014-2015 team by the SMU game, and that team had more depth than this.

With our short bench and guys having to play 30-35 minutes minimum, I just can't see the 4 days being realistic. Yes of course UConn did the 5 in 5 thing in 2011, but to me that was a once in a lifetime thing.

If you look at the American this year, a lot of teams have similar depth issues to us, not necessarily by injury. UCF, Memphis, Temple, SMU...don't have deep benches. So they might face similar issues, and without the benefit of a home crowd behind them.

Cincy and SMU look like the class of the league, with a group of Memphis/Houston/UCF behind them. We already have 3 losses in league play, so what will it take to get a top 5 seed? 11-7 or 12-6 maybe? Might be tough but that should be the focus in league play to improve and get a bye in the first round. Then take our chances in Hartford...

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I love your enthusiasm but with this team, at this point of the season, let's take one game at a time.
I think they are starting to realize that they can play as a team offensively and there is nothing like a taste of victory - and to beat a team who was 3-0 in the league (I don't care who it is)

Reaction Score
Our team has zero margin for error and as optimistic as I wish to be after this one good game, gotta be realistic. Rodney has to do what he did last in every playoff game with no games off kinda like Bazz or Kemba who had better supporting casts.

Reaction Score
Is this a post about beating Temple? I want to beat Temple.

I do think that having Diallo's mid season recruitment removed as a distraction can only help this team get better. We still have the talent to compete with anyone in this conference.

Speaking of Temple, they're a bizarre team. There are a dozen games of evidence to suggest that they are putrid and then there are two games where they beat top ten teams on a neutral floor.

Seems like they and UConn are the wild cards in the conference. Perhaps tomorrow's game is a fork in the road of sorts where the winner continues to rise and the loser sink. I'll admit I am more intrigued than I was a couple days ago.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom