Final Four for Holmes??? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Final Four for Holmes???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I think Texas is in pretty good shape. One of her best friends, 2016 Jada Underwood, committed to Texas a few months ago. Looks like the two of them along with 2016 commit Alecia Sutton, will be taking their official visits to Texas together in September. They all attended the Texas summer camp together.

I don't know Tennessee's depth at SF/PF for 2016, but Notre Dame already has two 2016 verbals from Top 10 national players who may have similar skills, although I doubt that would deter Holmes. If Joyner takes an official visit to ND, hopefully it will be the first weekend in September when Texas football plays their game in South Bend. She probably has a lot of friends from the metroplex on the Longhorn football team.

I'm guessing ND sees Holmes purely as a post, maybe even as a center given their propensity to use slightly undersized centers. Young is a wing. Boley is a 4 (*maybe a 3 in a big lineup*)

HGN

Reaction Score
I would love to see Holmes and Cox in Husky Blue. Though UConn may not be in Texas or a neighboring State. But Moriah Jefferson let every Texan know that there is life outside of Texas and huge benefits to coming to UConn.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
keep-calm-it-s-elementary-my-dear-watson.png

The above is JH's message to those following her recruitment.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Here's some video of Holmes; she certainly is much more than a low post threat:

http://passthaball.com/2015/07/16/joyner-holmes-just-ridiculous-just-too-much/
Thanks for posting all I can say is WOW! I did not realize Holmes has such amazing ball handling & dynamic passing skills and can hit the 3 ball. I saw none of this in USA basketball last summer. I saw the athleticism but little else. I'm not sure why so many of the recruiting services are thinging post for her. I don't even see here as an NCAA 4.

Reaction Score
If that's your fear, even if ND loses out on Holmes you still have to worry about ND getting Cox or Ciera Johnson.

Wow! ND is always in play. How do they do it? Who do they have there that is such a magnet? If she wants to stay close to home (I might see Tenn), it is hard to see why ND is in the equation. I think their players do an excellent job over the social medias.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Wow. She's impressive. Tennessee could really use her.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
Wow! ND is always in play. How do they do it? Who do they have there that is such a magnet? If she wants to stay close to home (I might see Tenn), it is hard to see why ND is in the equation. I think their players do an excellent job over the social medias.

Tennessee will be in Texas at least once a year while in she is in school. We play at Texas every other year, and Texas AM every other year, and currently, the schedules are opposite. Not sure if ND plays in Texas or not.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Niele Ivey is magic.

Reaction Score
Or UA-LR. Go Trojans.
A real fan of the Trojan's ?? UALR usually the school writes it without the hyphen. My wifes' ALLEN's Mutter. Because we were Damn Yankees (came and stayed) we lived in NORTH Little Rock just below Fort Root, the VA's Psycho Hospital. Site of the VA Engineering Training Ctr. What was the name of the highway thru Little Rock that was named for a Senator but locals call by his girl friends name. Fanny something!! May be she'll go to the College in Conway--U.Central Ark. Or Fayettville UArk. The park in Little Rock is named after Douglas McArthur--his daddy was stationed at the outpost there.

Reaction Score
A real fan of the Trojan's ?? UALR usually the school writes it without the hyphen. My wifes' ALLEN's Mutter. Because we were Damn Yankees (came and stayed) we lived in NORTH Little Rock just below Fort Root, the VA's Psycho Hospital. Site of the VA Engineering Training Ctr. What was the name of the highway thru Little Rock that was named for a Senator but locals call by his girl friends name. Fanny something!! May be she'll go to the College in Conway--U.Central Ark. Or Fayettville UArk. The park in Little Rock is named after Douglas McArthur--his daddy was stationed at the outpost there.
Wilbur Mills. Chairman of the Senate ways and means committee. Then he drove his car with his girlfriend Fannie Flagg into the Pond in DC. Soon, he was no longer a Senator.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I think Texas is in pretty good shape. One of her best friends, 2016 Jada Underwood, committed to Texas a few months ago. Looks like the two of them along with 2016 commit Alecia Sutton, will be taking their official visits to Texas together in September. They all attended the Texas summer camp together.

I don't know Tennessee's depth at SF/PF for 2016, but Notre Dame already has two 2016 verbals from Top 10 national players who may have similar skills, although I doubt that would deter Holmes. If Joyner takes an official visit to ND, hopefully it will be the first weekend in September when Texas football plays their game in South Bend. She probably has a lot of friends from the metroplex on the Longhorn football team.

Was told back in December that playing with friends will be an important factor in her decision. Who knows, but it seems Texas does have that advantage to the extent that remains an important consideration.

Reaction Score
She seems uber athletic. I was kind of wondering why she didn't make the U19 team this summer after making the U17 All-Tournament team last year with Lou, but they were pretty stacked with college players in her position. My bet is on her going to Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom