Fess Up and Come Clean | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fess Up and Come Clean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I ate an orange at half time. I will try to continue the tradition of eating the mascot of the other team at the half, but it could get messy...
Sure hope for your sake we don't play Providencce (Friar) or Richmond(spider) or USC (Trojans)

If we play Alabama he'll get his red wings????

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
I posted a pic of boeheim knuckle deep in his schnoz on a non sports forum.

i wrote "time for a change in mojo".

It was written.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I kept my two fattest cats in the room, which was no easy feat.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I got a car wash and polished up my UCONN license plate, and ate cookies I brought back to 'bama from Mozzicato's, and my Husky wedding cake topper came in the mail.

Reaction Score
Lost count of the manhattans (burp), but did note that CV may have had the game of his UConn career with those dramatic FTs

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Lost count of the manhattans (burp), but did note that CV may have had the game of his UConn career with those FTs
speaking of, the official IBA recipe for a manhattan calls for rye JUST SAYIN'.

Reaction Score
I have another reason to fess up and come clean. Just when Jay Bilas said something like "the lead looks insurmountable right now.." who agreed?

I know I did, Thank you Rodney!

Reaction Score
got my 4yo to actually sit still and watch a game...rally started immediately...

Reaction Score
I only watched the final 48 seconds, as I was at my daughter's HS volleyball banquet. Last time I checked the score is was 31-24.

Reaction Score
I was ironing my navy UConn logo'd dockers in the second half but to be honest we kind of started that stagnant period while I was doing it. I was trying to heat it up though

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I didn't have dinner before the game started, and forgot to get something to eat at halftime.

At 31-24, I went downstairs, told Lady Hans how bad it was, went into the kitchen, reheated some pulled pork, heated a roll, made a sandwich, dropped a cold piece of meat into the BBQ sauce before putting it back in the fridge, went back upstairs, and saw that the score was...

31-24!

Then the Syracuse lead grew, then Syracuse stopped (was stopped from) scoring.

My sister txted that it was her first game watching live this year, and we made the comparison between that & my stream, to determine how much time behind I was. By then, I was txting about how bad the shooting was, but also starting to think, "Hey, we could win" because Syracuse wasn't scoring & Purvis was.

At 49-46, with the ball, the possession arrow, and a foul to give, I txted, "It's somehow UConn's to lose," and got a zipper-mouthed emoticon in reply.

My sister stayed silent through Brimah's short arm, Facey's double miss, Jalen's miss, the tying 3, all the way until I txted, "C'mon, Christian?," and then a lifelong friend who is too casual to be anything but annoying during games, txted, "Good omen." All this, and a plot spoiler to boot.

Those were 2 very pretty free throws, and I liked the other hometown boy's 13 rebounds. Not long ago, I'd have imagined Larrier's homecoming as the key storyline.

It was odd but good. And I'm very happy for anyone traveling back to CT from MSG tonight or tomorrow.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Turned my back to cv's free throws at the game

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I said it was thinking it was over when we went down 11. Anti-jinx.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Down 7 in the 2nd half, I shut the TV off, slammed the remote down onto the table and said "Fthis! I can't watch any more." Went into my office, turned on the computer, wrote a few lines of .CSS , went back into living room to watch the rest of the game. When I turned the TV on, they were up two.
You should consider watching the games less often.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
speaking of, the official IBA recipe for a manhattan calls for rye JUST SAYIN'.

A Manhattan made with anything other than a fine bourbon is an abomination to the almighty Gods of Distilled Spirits.

Sadly, since Manhattan making is a very hit or usually miss proposition at any bar within at least a 500 mile radius of where I am, I stuck to bourbon and branch, JR's libation of choice. And there always have to be nachos. The 2014 run to the NC was fueled by mountains of nachos, even when nobody could possibly stand to eat even one more.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I was ironing my navy UConn logo'd dockers in the second half but to be honest we kind of started that stagnant period while I was doing it. I was trying to heat it up though

This is hilarious

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
A Manhattan made with anything other than a fine bourbon is an abomination to the almighty Gods of Distilled Spirits.

Sadly, since Manhattan making is a very hit or usually miss proposition at any bar within at least a 500 mile radius of where I am, I stuck to bourbon and branch, JR's libation of choice. And there always have to be nachos. The 2014 run to the NC was fueled by mountains of nachos, even when nobody could possibly stand to eat even one more.
Man, that's too bad. A good Manhattan is so easy and simple to make. Bartenders just don't give a . If you ever find yourself in Montgomery, AL, hit me up and come to my bar. I'll make you a fine manhattan.

Reaction Score
I switched from beer to vodka at halftime. Im convinced that made all the difference. The Garden was absolutely rocking tonight with UConn fans and Im pretty sure I wont have my voice back until Thursday.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Man, that's too bad. A good Manhattan is so easy and simple to make. Bartenders just don't give a . If you ever find yourself in Montgomery, AL, hit me up and come to my bar. I'll make you a fine manhattan.

You're on! Thanks. There's nothing like a good Manhattan, and forget about smashing the cherry. Just add a little of the maraschino cherry juice for extra flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom